Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hahah! Thanks for the link! I think I will go the easy route and take it to CBT.

CJ. Do ou have time to do the work and the desire to learn? Maybe a few of us could help you do the work. How urgent is your timeline?

Post up

CJ. Do ou have time to do the work and the desire to learn? Maybe a few of us could help you do the work. How urgent is your timeline?

Post up

Ehhh not sure how much I really want to do the work that is required... Depends who you ask how quick the work should get done I'm not to worried about getting it done quickly because I'm driving it like once a week. I'll probably have it a CBT next week.

Edit: I can make the time but not sure how much i want to do this particular job. There is other stuff I'd like to learn.

Is there an easy way to gain manual control over these daytime running lights?

Not a damn thing! I drove the 80 to atlanta and back for work. :)
20170414_195146.jpg

I did replace a rotted deck today...
002.JPG
003.JPG

And started a small brush fire in the progress, good thing the hose was charged and ready.

Last edited:
Did a lube and oil change on the 4Runner. I was going to replace the gear oil in the tc and diffs on the LC. Discovered the front diff pinion is leaking at the ds flange and then proceeded to round off the fill plug. :doh:

Definitely not one of my greatest moments. I'm soaking it with penetrating oil while I decide how I'm going to replace this pinion seal. It is only a $16 seal so I may just take a chance and do it without checking the bearing. I'm not ambitious enough to do an axle service right now.

The 80 took me fly fishing with a friend and his son to Chevlon lake on the Rim this last weekend. Had to get there the back way via Heber area on the 504 since the gate on the 300 Rim Road is closed till May. Turns out the gate on the other end was also closed 200 feet from the road we needed to get in.:bang:. Through determination and 4WD, we took some back roads to find our way in - success!
It is a natural Lake so no improvements on the inlet side of the lake which meant 2 things: We had to scrabble scramble up and down the steep embankment and also there were no other people there :D. We caught a couple browns and rainbows. Since there are no barbed hooks allowed on this lake, many fish got off the hook but made it entertaining.
We also had a beautiful bald eagle swoop down and attempt to pull a fish out of the lake 20 feet from where we were. That was cool. only got a bad fuzzy pic of him in the tree...
Wish it was a longer weekend!

fish camp.jpg
lake.jpg
0415171607.jpg
fishing.JPG

Just ordered new front axle shafts and birfields, and a knuckle rebuild kit with bearings. Looks like my turbo install is going to be accompanied by a whole new front end.

Just ordered new front axle shafts and birfields, and a knuckle rebuild kit with bearings. Looks like my turbo install is going to be accompanied by a whole new front end.

Are you going OEM on the birfs and axles?

I might have to go down that road for my 80.

Are you going OEM on the birfs and axles?

I might have to go down that road for my 80.

No I ordered Longfield 80 Series Gun Drilled 30-Spline from cruiser outfitters. They are chromemoly and have a grease zerk drilled into the center of the stub shaft so you can regrease them by simply removing the dust cap.

No I ordered Longfield 80 Series Gun Drilled 30-Spline from cruiser outfitters. They are chromemoly and have a grease zerk drilled into the center of the stub shaft so you can regrease them by simply removing the dust cap.

Cool. Looking forward to a review on them. I've been looking for some other options.

Cool. Looking forward to a review on them. I've been looking for some other options.

The come in tomorrow. Ill say this for cruiser outfitters they have amazing order fulfillment.

@Dimples, I will be interested too. My 202K '92 axle splines and flanges are a little long in the tooth. I presume you got the 96-7 drive flanges to make them work?

@Dimples, I will be interested too. My 202K '92 axle splines and flanges are a little long in the tooth. I presume you got the 96-7 drive flanges to make them work?

Here is the description. It looks like they are engineered to fit all years of 80.

The stub shaft of the Birfield has dual snap ring grooves to accommodate 80 Series with short and long drive flanges. The axle shafts are also made out of 4340 chromoly steel. Included in this kit is a set of new 80 Series ABS Tone Rings. This will allow you to install the Longfield 80 Series Gun Drilled 30-Spline Super Set on both ABS and Non-ABS 80 Series applications. Note: Included is the 80 Series Extended Dust Caps for 1990-1994 models that use short drive flanges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom