What did you do on your 70 series today? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New wheels and tires. The XZLs looked cool and I liked the taco spares but 1 inch no name spacers were a bit sketch and the Michelins were SO DAMN LOUD. The Nomad 16s do fit no spacers, just needed to trim the little brake duct thing a tad. Went "reasonable" with 295/75r16s, I think its solid proportions, wanted 35s but let reason win.

btw, anyone looking for 5 XZL 8.25r16s on tacoma spares, they look reallll cool :)

Side note, I think 4x4labs changed their rear bumper mount system a bit, anyone have a recent rear from them I could get some pics from? I think it makes sense (new system seems to sandwich the frame C right behind the original crossmember) but I'd love a bit of confirmation. Struggling to get ahold of the gang over there, I know they are slammed post snow. @4x4labs
View attachment 3303863View attachment 3303865View attachment 3303867
Looks great! What a difference compared to the XZLs you swung by in last month.

I got the Cruiser assembled and ready to drive.

New chain + tensioner.
IMG_20230420_083424.jpg

New pumps.
IMG_20230420_204607.jpg

Pulley's sealing surface was badly worn and caused oil leak. Got repair sleeve from industrial shop and installed it, because there wasn't other reasons to buy a new pulley.
IMG_20230421_090819.jpg

New oil filter and air filter.
IMG_20230421_103110.jpg

IMG_20230421_104441.jpg

Everything is together, the engine runs well and hopefully no more oil leaks. Time will tell. It's really nice to drive a Cruiser after a few months break!

I was wondering how those Nomad fit. I prefer the other style. Can you post some pics looking down the side? Do they stick out past the fenders? Thanks for posting this.
s***ty pics down side and others the sun shows it kinda well. I was thinking between the different styles and the steelies were convoy esque and the arvos didnt come in 16 so went this route. Impressed with how good the 17 arvos look, check out @honestmachine on instagram, he did the 17s + big 35x10.50 kendas looks awesome but i think he had to move the axle forward. Heard they may be bringing a 16in arvo to market soon as well if thats the one you like(and if you have some weird hang up on 16s haha like me)

Barely any poke on fronts, none on the rears. I really wanted to avoid aggressive poke so happy with that!
rear
IMG_2987.JPG
IMG_3029.JPG
front
IMG_2986.JPG
IMG_3030.JPG

Looks great! What a difference compared to the XZLs you swung by in last month.
Thanks! I'm honestly still not used to how different it looks. The driveability is so much better though, more than I thought.

s***ty pics down side and others the sun shows it kinda well. I was thinking between the different styles and the steelies were convoy esque and the arvos didnt come in 16 so went this route. Impressed with how good the 17 arvos look, check out @honestmachine on instagram, he did the 17s + big 35x10.50 kendas looks awesome but i think he had to move the axle forward. Heard they may be bringing a 16in arvo to market soon as well if thats the one you like(and if you have some weird hang up on 16s haha like me)

Barely any poke on fronts, none on the rears. I really wanted to avoid aggressive poke so happy with that!
rearView attachment 3303993View attachment 3303998frontView attachment 3303994View attachment 3303995

Thanks! I'm honestly still not used to how different it looks. The driveability is so much better though, more than I thought.
Lookin great!

Some people manage to keep their cruisers clean 24/7. I am not one of them.
It’s good that my rubber mat isn’t illuminated. 😁

I am finally making progress on cleaning up the cables and wiring on my dual battery 12v setup. First step, new battery hold downs and a place to mount the rtmr fuse/relay boxes. Fabrication courtesy of @hairy_apple

As you can see I have a lot of work to do. I can't wait to get this back under control.

Imagepipe_31.jpg

I am finally making progress on cleaning up the cables and wiring on my dual battery 12v setup. First step, new battery hold downs and a place to mount the rtmr fuse/relay boxes. Fabrication courtesy of @hairy_apple

As you can see I have a lot of work to do. I can't wait to get this back under control.

sweet mother of science!

are you running a parade float or what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom