What did you do on your 70 series today? (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Someone Rear- Ended me and damaged my Tow ball + broke a break line - so of course, it is the perfect excuse to throw some money on the truck.

img_0984-jpeg.1937246

new breaks:

View attachment 1937247

New Spacers:

View attachment 1937248

New Rims:

View attachment 1937249

and a complete Butt Lift with a custom bumper and swivel tire bracket + OEM Jerry can holder.

View attachment 1937245

now need to look for an excuse to throw money to the front and get that ARB bumper with the side bullbars. :)

View attachment 1937246
What rear bumper is that?

the OEM European Spec bumper - ity was missing a couple of parts.

Lots done this weekend.

Fuel Filter
IP Fuel and Spill Lines installed
Injector Overflow Lines installed
Coolant Hard lines installed, bottom line should have been on before intake but I was able to fish it in
Cold Valve Timing Set
Rocker Cover Torqued
Valve Cover torqued
Coolant hoses on Water Pump
Set Injection Timing
Cleaned and Installed venturi and heat grid
Clean hard fuel lines, replace soft with Napa Barricade Fuel line and replace on rig
Install fuel sender, pickup with new filter sock in tank

13btxx.jpg

I meant the one you replaced it with.

its a custom one_ i really wanted the weight of the tire to rest on the chassis, trying not to cover the updated tail lights and making sure the tow hitch was in a good position_ trying to keep it simple with tubular design_ the shop did a great job.

57343709081__09817B6D-578B-4B8A-922E-CBAA123C0A58.jpeg
57369176393__563CBD87-B13E-4BEA-A4C5-1275293A2D5E.jpeg

Just picked up my internally & externally ceramic coated intake & exhaust manifolds.. CAPS in Fresno. Had my turbo & top mount intercooler.. dropped them off with Don.. ceramic coating the exhaust section of the turbo (air side came coated).. and applying a race proven heat transfer coating to the intercooler. I would have dropped of the head to coat as well but I would of had to disassemble the built up head.. oh well.... also got my Zietronix programmable ems with sensors.. with their software & my laptop I will be able to data log & change all Factory fuel & timing advance settings:) with a bosch o2 sensor, boost sensor & egt sensor.
rps20190404_091345.jpg

20190404_085213.jpg

20190404_085147.jpg

20190404_085153.jpg

20190404_085205.jpg

Pulled the intake to do a manifold clean. The amount of filthy black goo was unbelievable. This engine has only done 65k kms.

20190405_073208.jpg

All nice and clean. The job took about 7hrs all up. I found a mixture of oven cleaner and degreaser to work best. Everything was pulled down to the heads.

20190403_132303.jpg

Egr was blocked via blanking plate. Throttle body butterflies removed and a catch can also fitted to remove all oil vapour from the intake tract.

20190405_072923.jpg

I later found that blocking the egr not only caused 3 warning lights, but also caused the engine to derate. Code was P0400 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Malfunction.

Out came the blanking plate until I can get it turned off via ecu tune.

Since I plan to leave my rear bed open and unsecured for the time being I wanted some lockable storage. I also wanted storage for hunting equipment including guns and this design fit both roles. When not in use the gun rack portion is easily removable leaving a sizable storage cavity. I also wanted to leave the bulk of the rear floor space open and this design accomplished that.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Just picked up my internally & externally ceramic coated intake & exhaust manifolds.. CAPS in Fresno. Had my turbo & top mount intercooler.. dropped them off with Don.. ceramic coating the exhaust section of the turbo (air side came coated).. and applying a race proven heat transfer coating to the intercooler. I would have dropped of the head to coat as well but I would of had to disassemble the built up head.. oh well.... also got my Zietronix programmable ems with sensors.. with their software & my laptop I will be able to data log & change all Factory fuel & timing advance settings:) with a bosch o2 sensor, boost sensor & egt sensor.View attachment 1944516

View attachment 1944509

View attachment 1944510
Dabbed up a vertical throttle body inlet to replace the oem 90 degree inlet..
forgot to post pics of the thermal transfer top mount intercooler
& the turbo (had both the intake & exhaust housings ceramic coated
got my new hood scoop today..

tomorrow is install day.. I'll try & take progress pics.. but the greasier & bloodier I get the harder it will be to hold my phone.. ha ha..
Thursday is new independent ecu & 3" exhaust install day... whew... take a look here: URGENT.. Lj78 89661-60110/601111 ecu pinout
Cheers
Just picked up my internally & externally ceramic coated intake & exhaust manifolds.. CAPS in Fresno. Had my turbo & top mount intercooler.. dropped them off with Don.. ceramic coating the exhaust section of the turbo (air side came coated).. and applying a race proven heat transfer coating to the intercooler. I would have dropped of the head to coat as well but I would of had to disassemble the built up head.. oh well.... also got my Zietronix programmable ems with sensors.. with their software & my laptop I will be able to data log & change all Factory fuel & timing advance settings:) with a bosch o2 sensor, boost sensor & egt sensor.View attachment 1944516

View attachment 1944509

View attachment 1944510

View attachment 1944511

View attachment 1944512
Pics of phase 2 mech mods..
rps20190410_192125.jpg
rps20190410_192216.jpg
rps20190410_192414.jpg
rps20190410_194310.jpg
tomorrow 3" exhaust & new ecm system hook up.. Friday intercooler support brackets & hood scoop.. Saturday test.. Sunday pack & Monday moving to Denver.. whoopee..
never forget.. if it was easy anyone could do it!!

20190410_182442.jpg

Lenny33... Monday I'm driving up my recently upgraded (finishing thus friday) lj78 to your neck of the woods.. Denver to be exact.. hope it's still snowing.. haven't seen snow since my 18 mo. contract in Alaska.. you guys got lotz of LJ's up there?
Cheers
Pics of phase 2 mech mods.. View attachment 1950251View attachment 1950258View attachment 1950259View attachment 1950281tomorrow 3" exhaust & new ecm system hook up.. Friday intercooler support brackets & hood scoop.. Saturday test.. Sunday pack & Monday moving to Denver.. whoopee..
never forget.. if it was easy anyone could do it!!

View attachment 1950257
Forgot to say.. discoed the factory a/c as well.. will be mounting a 48v dc a/c in the small barn door.. will feed both the l/c, my rooftop tent & camper trailer.. the list never ends...

Lenny33... Monday I'm driving up my recently upgraded (finishing thus friday) lj78 to your neck of the woods.. Denver to be exact.. hope it's still snowing.. haven't seen snow since my 18 mo. contract in Alaska.. you guys got lotz of LJ's up there?
Cheers

Forgot to say.. discoed the factory a/c as well.. will be mounting a 48v dc a/c in the small barn door.. will feed both the l/c, my rooftop tent & camper trailer.. the list never ends...

Sounds like we may need to meet up! I would love to talk to you about your Intercooler.
As of today (Thursday) there is still snow on the grass and in the mountains, but it will be going soon!
Ad for 70 series LCs, hardly any out here - you will generate a lot of conversations as you drive around!
Welcome to Denver!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom