What did you do on your 70 series today? (39 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lenny33... Monday I'm driving up my recently upgraded (finishing thus friday) lj78 to your neck of the woods.. Denver to be exact.. hope it's still snowing.. haven't seen snow since my 18 mo. contract in Alaska.. you guys got lotz of LJ's up there?
Cheers

Forgot to say.. discoed the factory a/c as well.. will be mounting a 48v dc a/c in the small barn door.. will feed both the l/c, my rooftop tent & camper trailer.. the list never ends...
Slow day today..... only got the new 3" exhaust installed with old school cheery bomb glass pack muffler :).but the 3 1/2 hour job turned into a 8 hour job... 
rps20190411_233543.jpg

Sounds like a "real" (V8) turbo diesel..but the guys forgot to install the O2 bung.. oh well.. but at least got to pull my dreaded hill ... before was 50 mph at the bottom/35 at the top today it was 35 mph at the bottom/50 at the top.. whoopee!!!!! Turbo light is coming on at 1300-1500rpm & pulls like a mule.. tomorrow is O2 bung, intercooler support, hood scoop & fix small oil weep at turbo feed plate (stupid me.. had 2 sets of gaskets but put the paper one in.. not the metal one)
Here's the promised pic of the champagne bottle cork seal.. truly the "Dom Perignon" of cruisers now
rps20190411_235725.jpg

rps20190411_232716.jpg

rps20190411_232547.jpg

Finally made some progress.. cut in the new hood scoop..
rps20190415_211757.jpg
mechanical mods almost done.. whew.. low end power is even better than I had planned.. torque band has dropped around 750 rpm.. literally a mule.. pulling hills in OD @ 2200 rpm... with no additional throttle:).. easy double the brute force as pre-modded engine..
after I get to Denver I'll do a proper report.. for those who like me believe the 2L-TE is a fantastic engine.. I'll include tuner performance graphs as well...
Tomorrow morning will be installing the tuner ECM system..
See you guys after Easter.. to all.. enjoy the holiday.. and all the best to you and your familes..
Cheers

For those with the patience to follow my posts... finally got the piggyback ems installed t'day...
rps20190416_233611.jpg

the readout is the above the stereo touchscreen (also installed today.. with 2 peregrim bookshelf 4 ohm 2 way speakers ($30 at goodwill).. couldn't be more pleased with the whole optimization project phase 2.. the new computer system is tits..l might have to rename her from the mule to the rhinoceros!!!
rps20190416_234849.jpg

image.jpeg

Some proper recovery points for the Ute. (as well as others)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom