What are you working on? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

P0420 is catalyst efficiency fault. In my experience the o2 sensors won't fix it, the issue is with the cat itself. You can try running these o2 sensor spacers. I've used them on my old Audi that had a catless downpipe. Never threw a fault, and always set rediness monitors. Unless your cat is broken apart and rattling this is a cheap easy fix.

90 Degree Angled O2 Check Engine Light CEL Fix Oxygen Spacer Exhaust Extension Amazon.com: 90 Degree Angled O2 Check Engine Light CEL Fix Oxygen Spacer Exhaust Extension: Automotive

Thanks guys. Appreciate the suggestions.

If you need a new cat, call up the guys at Red Run Exhaust in Ephrata. They are awesome and shockingly inexpensive. Had this issue on my 4R and had them install a new cat and all was good.

Been making good use of the new compressor. Tearing the truck down in preparation to get the driveline out and undo the majesty of the PO's "V8 conversion"

image.jpeg

This will take some work...
image.jpeg

Not only is the V8 too far forward (hence the horrific dog-leg and canyon in the trans tunnel) the PO was kind enough to weld a plate over the shift collar, which means removing the shifter will not be easy....
image.jpeg

More carnage:

image.jpeg

I was worried about he rusty exhaust studs, but the impact took care of them without much fuss:

image.jpeg

I've got my winter cut out for me!

I made a boost leak tester and tracked down one significant crack in the piping and a few small leaks through the grid heater bolts. see the bubbles by the intake horn below.

Hopefully I will have it all sorted this weekend.
20161227_170325.jpg
20161227_170343.jpg

I have a few transmission covers here, none perfect but all better than what you have!

Thanks Gary -

Any that might fit a '75? I know they changed the transmission tunnels quite a few times over the years.

I've never done any welding - so I'm not sure how "bad" my current one would be to patch...

Last time out at AOAA I had the opportunity to be disappointed by my Engo winch yet again.
It would winch in but not out, again.
We were able to freespool it and it did pull my truck, but needs to be 100% before we head to HitR.

Did some web wheeling and bought an Albright solinoid for $100.

Swapping it out.
20170116_143301.jpg

Chinese junk solinoids
20170116_145344_HDR.jpg

I want to do that solenoid upgrade as well. Sadly I need to focus on skid plates sooner rather than later as mine are presently as robust as tinfoil. Saturday's adventures on the black trails put the nail in their coffin.

Got the opportunity to work on this fine specimen today. Owner is a long time customer, but I did not get the opportunity to chat him up to see if he would be interested in joining us on the trails.

IMG_7259.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom