What are you working on? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There was one of his swingout rear bumpers on my 40 when I bought it. I had no idea who made it, but I was impressed with the design and quality.

I stumbled across a photo on mud that identified it as a 4plus unit, so I went to his website and bought a front winch bumber, and some tail light guards.

Nice guy, nice stuff!

There was one of his swingout rear bumpers on my 40 when I bought it. I had no idea who made it, but I was impressed with the design and quality.

I stumbled across a photo on mud that identified it as a 4plus unit, so I went to his website and bought a front winch bumber, and some tail light guards.

Nice guy, nice stuff!

I was eyeing up his tail light guards too. I just mounted his dual swing-out bumper, but now I no longer have a big piece of tube hanging below my tail lights. That tube took some big knocks at Fall Crawl and tail lights are NLA for my truck - so I need to up-armor them. I think I'll try my hand at fabricating some first. The cruiser fund is light these ways, and allocated to other projects.

I was eyeing up his tail light guards too. I just mounted his dual swing-out bumper, but now I no longer have a big piece of tube hanging below my tail lights. That tube took some big knocks at Fall Crawl and tail lights are NLA for my truck - so I need to up-armor them. I think I'll try my hand at fabricating some first. The cruiser fund is light these ways, and allocated to other projects.

fyi the only differences on lights, is the plug.
get the "newer" still available version and swap plugs from your current set.

Well I went through all the paperwork and receipts I have for the 40 and found that the bumper is a 4+plus bull bar for winch part number 52100-40BBW. He bought it from Man-a-Fre and paid $395 for it back in 2002.

fyi the only differences on lights, is the plug.
get the "newer" still available version and swap plugs from your current set.

Good to know! I think I did some digging on that before I figured that was the case, but managed to find some NOS matching lights and bought them. Given that those are only a couple years old - I'll still probably armor them to prevent damage. Why risk it? It took the parts house I used something like 5 weeks to find the one tail light they had buried in a warehouse somewhere. It was in stock, but MIA.

Garden work today. A wast of a piece of perfectly go chromolly

20200321_130040.jpg

20200321_170055.jpg

Starting to disassemble the front of the GX today. Sun was out and figure that I’m in no hurry. Got everything apart and the subassembly bolted on. Good stopping point as there will be a decent amount of trimming and modding to get this to fit properly.
6089DC9D-3AD7-4AF7-8B3D-5DAC5DBF567D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom