What are you working on? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Summer is on its way - soon it will be warm enough to just use the hose when the TP runs out.

Houston, we have what looks to be a bumper.

BF560925-B8D5-4471-8DB9-89F2473A88BB.jpeg

Last edited:
My girl walked in Wegmans on her lunch and it was stripped of all cleaning supplies and anything non perishable. Hit Weiss on the way home and although it was hit pretty hard she still got everything she needed. We typically have enough on hand to go probably a month easy. Not even worried about it at this time.

Took the apocalypse truck to get groceries. Here’s the view from the local food lion:

B71925D8-2386-45EF-B2F3-B8506EEBFE23.jpeg

B4B50967-D480-4D60-99D0-F66605B6F1AE.jpeg

Does anyone have experience mounting a 50cal to a FJ40? Soon I’ll need a raid vehicle when I have to resort to piracy to feed my family.

Does anyone have experience mounting a 50cal to a FJ40? Soon I’ll need a raid vehicle when I have to resort to piracy to feed my family.

M2?....no

Air cooled 30?....yes

20180102_190424.jpg

got my 3.70 rear in the rear of the 75, quite pleased with the results...now i just have to pull the front apart.
going to play with carb jets next, i think i can down size a little and still run like a raped ape.

You could not have more efficiently juxtaposed this image if you tried.

I think our next club meeting needs to be in the woods near Brian's place!

2nd!

You could not have more efficiently juxtaposed this image if you tried.

it wasn't an accident:cool:

it doesn't get out often.

Last edited:
Slightly related to the above video...

About 15 years ago, I bought an old BSA motorcycle from a guy. It was either Southern Chester county, or Northern Delaware (state), can't recall exactly.

He had a collection of original Gatling guns in his living room, as well as exact operable replicas that he built himself. He gave me a tour, and his entire basement was a machine shop dedicated to his obsession.

It was beyond impressive.

Been busy with a few things. Put a new set of old style oval front lights on the 40. Never did like the look of the squarish later style lights. Made sure I have a good dedicated ground wire for each light, too!!!! While I was at it I put a Toyota bottle jack between the front tire and the bottom of the front lip of the fender and by jacking it up was able to straighten it quite a bit. It was bent down from a few years ago in an incident where I was winching Crusha's 80 and got pulled into a tree. I do have a replacement (original Toyota) fender, just have to get it bead blasted, make a minor repair, and paint and install it.
And been working on prepping the V6 engine for Rob's 4Runner. It was a real PITA to pull it out but it's now on the stand. Preparatory to installing it I got up the courage to pull the top of the intake off to access all the damn wiring on that engine. With the top off I was able to remove the wiring harness on the engine. I guess now with everyone supposed to be staying home it would be a good time to yank the engine out of the 4Runner so I just might man up and get started on it soon.
If you look close enough you can see the curved part of Rob's 3/16" quarter panels under my trash cans!!!!! Along with the "new" fender I brought those quarters and a set of similar thickness rockers up from Rob Matzell's shop in Richmond.
And a question- maybe Caz knows offhand- is my front bumper a commercially manufactured item and if so, whose product is it? It was on the 40 when I bought it ten years ago.
New lights.jpg
Donor V6.jpg

Last edited:
@shmukster - that bumper looks an awful lot like a 4+ bumper manufactured by Dave Gore - I believe they could also have been bought through Man a Fre at one time, but Dave was/is still the guy making them. He’s lcwizard here on the forum. If it’s not a 4+ it’s a darn good knock off!

Wow, Gary!!! You have been busy for sure! Nice work!!! Awesome update... maybe I’ll come up to lend a hand (if you need) and grab those panels soon (along with everything else 😂😂😂)!

Been busy with a few things. Put a new set of old style oval front lights on the 40. Never did like the look of the squarish later style lights. Made sure I have a good dedicated ground wire for each light, too!!!! While I was at it I put a Toyota bottle jack between the front tire and the bottom of the front lip of the fender and by jacking it up was able to straighten it quite a bit. It was bent down from a few years ago in an incident where I was winching Crusha's 80 and got pulled into a tree. I do have a replacement (original Toyota) fender, just have to get it bead blasted, make a minor repair, and paint and install it.
And been working on prepping the V6 engine for Rob's 4Runner. It was a real PITA to pull it out but it's now on the stand. Preparatory to installing it I got up the courage to pull the top of the intake off to access all the damn wiring on that engine. With the top off I was able to remove the wiring harness on the engine. I guess now with everyone supposed to be staying home it would be a good time to yank the engine out of the 4Runner so I just might man up and get started on it soon.
If you look close enough you can see the curved part of Rob's 3/16" quarter panels under my trash cans!!!!! Along with the "new" fender I brought those quarters and a set of similar thickness rockers up from Rob Matzell's shop in Richmond.
And a question- maybe Caz knows offhand- is my front bumper a commercially manufactured item and if so, whose product is it? It was on the 40 when I bought it ten years ago.
View attachment 2242590View attachment 2242591

@shmukster - that bumper looks an awful lot like a 4+ bumper manufactured by Dave Gore - I believe they could also have been bought through Man a Fre at one time, but Dave was/is still the guy making them. He’s lcwizard here on the forum. If it’s not a 4+ it’s a darn good knock off!

Well his product sure looks like what I have. I presume John Pulich bought it sometime in the 2000-2010 time frame when he owned the 40. I'll have to look through the (considerably large) file I have on the 40 and see if there isn't a receipt in there. It sure is a well made bumper.

Well his product sure looks like what I have. I presume John Pulich bought it sometime in the 2000-2010 time frame when he owned the 40. I'll have to look through the (considerably large) file I have on the 40 and see if there isn't a receipt in there. It sure is a well made bumper.

His stuff if top notch. I just put one of his rear swing-out bumpers on my FJ40. I’ll likely be going back for a Ubolt flip kit since my ubolt plates are officially mangled now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom