What are you working on? (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Went to start the cammo truck today after it sat for maybe a week. Really rough idle and threw P0306 code (cylinder 6 misfire). Overflow is a bit low, but I'm just running water right now so not sure if I need to be concerned or not. Turned it off, restarted a min later and all is good, cleared the code and it did not return. Temps all good durning 40 mins loop out to town and back, never got over 193* with the AC running and no shroud on fan. Hoping I don't have a gremlin or the head gasket is starting to leak on #6.

Tonight I go to war! Outnumbered by hundreds. I have no idea how we missed this it's on the main street infront of the house.

20190822_165246.jpg

20190822_165301.jpg

@YotaFun how big is yours. Mine is much larger then a basketball.

Andy, you might have to spray twice... walked by mine tonight and I saw movement so I took my second can and sprayed it, if that doesn't work, I'm resorting to Greg's suggested method.

Andy, you might have to spray twice... walked by mine tonight and I saw movement so I took my second can and sprayed it, if that doesn't work, I'm resorting to Greg's suggested method.
I'm getting 3 more cans tomorrow.

@jamarquardt22 @YotaFun .... NOPE

I get these Euro hornets at my place. They are HUGE, but relatively passive. I watched then strip a small tree of bark over a few weeks once, very hard workers. As far as yellow jackets or regular wasps ... @Crusha has the right idea KILL THEM WITH FIRE!!

Related image

I just know they arn't wasps. They dont fly like a wasp. Large papper nest. I'm not getting close enough to find out untill they are dead.

The poor part of my situation is min are in a bush, righ on the side of my house -_-

my standard answer to most questions is "use dynamite" or "more dynamite"....more so now then ever.

@jamarquardt22 @YotaFun .... NOPE

I get these Euro hornets at my place. They are HUGE, but relatively passive. I watched then strip a small tree of bark over a few weeks once, very hard workers. As far as yellow jackets or regular wasps ... @Crusha has the right idea KILL THEM WITH FIRE!!

Related image
Real time, I was fishing with Theo yesterday and he says "hay dad, look at this" and here is one of them ^^^ nasty suckers murdering a cicada, over and over, was crazy!
Here are some pics I took while filming.
Maybe I'll get a video loaded....

IMG_20190822_122852.jpg
IMG_20190822_123143.jpg

I squashed them both in the end.

Real time, I was fishing with Theo yesterday and he says "hay dad, look at this" and here is one of them ^^^ nasty suckers murdering a cicada, over and over, was crazy!
Here are some pics I took while filming.
Maybe I'll get a video loaded....

View attachment 2065471View attachment 2065472

I squashed them both in the end.

Cicada killer wasp
Prett much harmless.
They sting a cicada, paralyzing it, lay eggs in it, then the larvae hatch and eat the cicada alive.

Nature is brutal.

The bald faced hornets you guys have are bastards, and should be eliminated. They’re aggressive.

Had a friend stop by yesterday with his industrial weed killer and backpack sprayer. Something about this year is growing monster crabgrass and kudzu style vines are popping up around my property. Sprayed the crap out of things and hope I can burn it off after that.

Seems the alternator in the cammo truck finally gave up for good and drained the battery enough to kill it. Started the truck and moved it to dump the water out of the radiator and add cleaner and it refused to start. Got a CEL with key cycle, so not the fusible link. I put the battery on the charger overnight and it won't hold or fully charge. Sticker on it says 2/13 so I'm guessing 6.5 years was a good life cycle for it.

Off to get a new battery now and then will see what the scan gauge reads. Possible it was the battery all along and not the alternator? Although the white truck always showed 14.1-14.2 on the gauge even when the battery died :meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom