Welcome to the 200 Series Forums: Start Here and Read First (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello - I just joined IH8MUD! I'm the proud owner of a 2019 200 Series LC. She's our second.

Our first Cruiser, a 2002 100 Series was unfortunately totaled in an accident.

My wife and I love absolutely Land Cruisers and, simply enjoy ours for its reliability, soundness, comfort and carrying capacity - esp. for long family road trips.

Glad to be a part of this forum and Happy New Year!!

Cheers,
VA PANZUR

Hello everyone
Glad to be a member her with this amazing forum
I'm Abdulwahab from Kuwait and I owned a 2021 vxr with Arctic trucks AT35 Modification
Best regards

24A5B2D2-0F3B-4DCE-A6DA-F3AF30E2AF66.png

6F8B7610-79B2-4995-9C7C-3F5AD0A3DB80.jpeg

Hello everyone, awesome forum here, learning tons! Just picked up a 2010 series 200 (in LX guise a few weeks ago), will look to do a few upgrades, first thing she needs is new shocks, at 224k miles these things are spent!

I just joined tonight been doing research on Landcruisers and LX, i just retired and my 1st big thing was to buy my wife a SUV three row that can tow a travel trailer. Do it all she likes the Luxury LX570 has and I’m a long time off-roader. I really didn’t want turbos and Superchargers stop/start cylinder deactivation. Junk. Even though i have a 2021 Wrangler Willys Diesel for top down fun and beach days engine and emissions are very high tech. But a tried and true V8 from Toyota should be very reliable to camp across the USA. I enjoy Jeep but I’ve never had a bad thing to say about Toyota I’ve wheeled with several. So hopefully my money will be in my account to buy a 2019 LX570 super clean one owner Lexus i put money to hold it. I can’t wait to have it.
FA8AA8D0-05ED-45C6-8C96-68373C1354C6.jpeg

Quick question- I've been in the market looking at LC200s from 2008-2016.
Did all of these come with DVD screens in the backseats?
I've found a few LX570 without rear DVD players, but every LC200 I've found has them.

Thanks for any guidance, as I couldn't find this specific info in search on MUD or MUD via google.

2016 + screens in back seats.
Thanks. I’m looking at US market LC200 from 2008-2016. So far they’ve all had either screens in the headrests or a screen overhead. I’m wondering if they all came like that or if I’ll be able to find one without any screens in the backseat area. I don’t want any screens. Are you saying that anything pre-2016 was available without any screens in the backseat area?

Last edited:
Thanks. I’m looking at US market LC200 from 2008-2016. So far they’ve all had either screens in the headrests or a screen overhead. I’m wondering if they all came like that or if I’ll be able to find one without any screens in the backseat area. I don’t want any screens. Are you saying that anything pre-2016 was available without any screens in the backseat area?
Yes. Over head scene only. 2013-2015 for sure.

Yes. Over head scene only. 2013-2015 for sure.
Ok thanks. So you’re saying that 2008-2013 all had a overhead screens or headrest screens, and only the 2013-2015 LC200 was available without any screens in the backseat area?

Ok thanks. So you’re saying that 2008-2013 all had a overhead screens or headrest screens, and only the 2013-2015 LC200 was available without any screens in the backseat area?
It was an option that most people opted for, there are very few out there without it, I've only seen one personally, a 2009 without it.

It was an option that most people opted for, there are very few out there without it, I've only seen one personally, a 2009 without it.
I was finally able to track down the faq for model year options. It was not very easy to find with the MUD search function, but here it is:

"What Year should I get"

200-series FAQ for Modifications, Repairs and Build Threads. Great place for new users to start

The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for the 200/LX570 series tech section continues to be a work in progress. The goal is to have links in the below to other threads and tech articles. By having these linked, instead of pasting the text, the threads will remain live. The live threads can...
forum.ih8mud.com
forum.ih8mud.com

From there I was able to find some factory spec sheets.

For the 2008 model, at least, it looks like the rear seat area screens are part of an optional upgrade package:

- Upgrade Package: Simulated wood and leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, pre-collision System, rear seat entertainment, back up camera, cool box, DVD-based GPS navigation with Bluetooth™ capability, second-row seat heaters, rear spoiler, and headlamp cleaners

Last edited:
I picked up my first LX about a month ago from a private seller in the SF Bay area.

$36,000 for a 2008 LX570 with 85K miles, solid service history at the local Lexus dealership, no rust, and great interior with minor wear (no rips/tears). The drive back to Montana was a good test of the general health of the vehicle and I arrived without a complaint.

In the last month I added:
- WeatherTech mats
- Tunai Firefly Bluetooth Receiver - picked up off Amazon, so I can stream music from my phone to the sound system
- 2020 LC wheels with Toyo Open Country AT2 (285/60/18) that I found on Craigslist for $600

Plans in the next few months:
- Headlights - polish and deal with some minor moisture
- Add a trailer break controller
- Tint the front passenger and driver side windows
- Front cupholder upgrade/replace (to fit today's magnum water bottles)
- Explore options for a new front bumper - lots of deer in Montana

This forum is amazing and I look forward to the knowledge, expertise, and cautionary tales!

Here she is fully stock and filthy
Before.jpg

Tire compare - need that tread!
Tires.jpg

After new wheels/tires and a bath
AFter.jpg

I picked up my first LX about a month ago from a private seller in the SF Bay area.

$36,000 for a 2008 LX570 with 85K miles, solid service history at the local Lexus dealership, no rust, and great interior with minor wear (no rips/tears). The drive back to Montana was a good test of the general health of the vehicle and I arrived without a complaint.

In the last month I added:
- WeatherTech mats
- Tunai Firefly Bluetooth Receiver - picked up off Amazon, so I can stream music from my phone to the sound system
- 2020 LC wheels with Toyo Open Country AT2 (285/60/18) that I found on Craigslist for $600

Plans in the next few months:
- Headlights - polish and deal with some minor moisture
- Add a trailer break controller
- Tint the front passenger and driver side windows
- Front cupholder upgrade/replace (to fit today's magnum water bottles)
- Explore options for a new front bumper - lots of deer in Montana

This forum is amazing and I look forward to the knowledge, expertise, and cautionary tales!

Here she is fully stock and filthyView attachment 2954925

Tire compare - need that tread!
View attachment 2954926

After new wheels/tires and a bathView attachment 2954928
What part of Montana? I’m in Kalispell.

anyone know how to replace the rear turn signal bulbs, having a hell of a time trying to get to them back there, searched the forum and didnt come up with anything, youtube doesn't seem to have any videos for those particular bulbs either. picked up some lasfit rears and want to replace them. thanks in advance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom