Welcome to the 200 Series Forums: Start Here and Read First (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello introducing myself T.O.C. I have 2008 BUILD LCTTD V8 Diesel, have been an active member of a 4wd club for over 12 years, still enjoying the outdoors. Enjoyed the USA route 66 recently and a month in South Africa.

Welcome! You've already made many US folks jealous of your Diesel options there... :steer:
Did you get to drive your Cruiser in S. Africa? I've been there, but never in a Cruiser. Someday...

Last edited:
Hey, another new guy here and soon-to-be Land Cruiser owner. I ordered an '18 in Nov and just got word from the dealer that it arrives in port on the 9th so I'm pretty pumped about it. I've been lurking for a few months -- lot of good folks here and this is a great place to learn. Thanks for all of your contributions!

New 200 series owner here in Colorado. I just picked up (after years of deliberation) a 2011 LX with 53k miles on it. I wanted an LC but couldn't find a decent one in this area. I researched the cars extensively and despite the gas mpg range, still decided this was the best rig for what I need. My plans are a light expedition build (so I can sleep in it occasionally) for camping etc. I did a lot of research here before I bought it.

New 200 series owner here in Colorado. I just picked up (after years of deliberation) a 2011 LX with 53k miles on it. I wanted an LC but couldn't find a decent one in this area. I researched the cars extensively and despite the gas mpg range, still decided this was the best rig for what I need. My plans are a light expedition build (so I can sleep in it occasionally) for camping etc. I did a lot of research here before I bought it.

Welcome. If you plan on modding and wheeling it, I belong to a local club. It's the best way to learn about trails, wheeling techniques and being able to go on a trail where you know with that group both you and your rig will always get home even if a trail repair is required

Welcome. If you plan on modding and wheeling it, I belong to a local club. It's the best way to learn about trails, wheeling techniques and being able to go on a trail where you know with that group both you and your rig will always get home even if a trail repair is required

Which club? I may be interested, but for now this is my daily/with light camping duties. I have a JKU and old 94 DX pickup that can take more of a beating.

Looking for input...I have a refundable deposit on a 2016 LC with 17,500 miles. Price is $65k even. Fair?

Looking for input...I have a refundable deposit on a 2016 LC with 17,500 miles. Price is $65k even. Fair?

I see your request has been sitting unanswered. You might be barking up the wrong tree with that question here. My reasoning is even though we are Land Cruiser enthusiasts, we don't have any special insight into their retail value. Some might disagree with that, but even so reference the usual resources, kelly blue book, etc. Also take into account the LC is a low production vehicle, and local market value on top of that. For example it's not uncommon for Colorado LC drivers to go elsewhere for their purchase, prices seem higher here (and the cars take a beating if used in the mountains).

FWIW your year, mile, cost doesn't seem unreasonable.

HTH.

Hello! I’ve been lurking for a few years, around 2015 when I started shopping for my first LC. I bought a 2015 silver land cruiser with 18k in 2016. Almost to 45k on her now as a daily driver and family truckster. Starting to get the itch to mod a little. Wanna start with spacers up front to decrease the rake. Maybe a suspension upgrade. Anyway, thanks for all the info!

If it’s very clean inside and out. Have you looked at the undercarriage ? If it’s perfect and the right color go for it. Anything seems not right .....? Pass

Hello! I’ve been lurking for a few years, around 2015 when I started shopping for my first LC. I bought a 2015 silver land cruiser with 18k in 2016. Almost to 45k on her now as a daily driver and family truckster. Starting to get the itch to mod a little. Wanna start with spacers up front to decrease the rake. Maybe a suspension upgrade. Anyway, thanks for all the info!

Welcome!

Drive-train question U.S. spec. LC v. Tundra - for the latest model year that is comparable, possibly 17'. It appears from T, based on performance specs that both vehicles have the same drive-train, is this correct? humble question from an fj80 owner.

Folks...my wife finally agreed to a LC200. She's willing to give up our 2008 4Rnr V8 for one. I do have a question...is 2018 the first year the automatic close function was available for the rear hatch? Thank you for the help.

Folks...my wife finally agreed to a LC200. She's willing to give up our 2008 4Rnr V8 for one. I do have a question...is 2018 the first year the automatic close function was available for the rear hatch? Thank you for the help.
Nicely done! I do believe that is the case for the auto function on the hatch.

Nicely done! I do believe that is the case for the auto function on the hatch.

Crap...well looks like waiting till spring is looking all the better. One other question...so is there any issies with going from an 18" wheel to a 17" wheel? Is this the same for the LX570? Going to a 17" from a 19"?

Crap...well looks like waiting till spring is looking all the better. One other question...so is there any issies with going from an 18" wheel to a 17" wheel? Is this the same for the LX570? Going to a 17" from a 19"?

My apologies...20" not 19"

New member intro - hello. New to Toyota and the Land Cruiser. Just got a 2018 and am pretty excited and looking forward to trying it off road. I hope I got this in the right thread. Looking forward to learning and contributing - a lot of new features to learn. Tks....

New member intro - hello. New to Toyota and the Land Cruiser. Just got a 2018 and am pretty excited and looking forward to trying it off road. I hope I got this in the right thread. Looking forward to learning and contributing - a lot of new features to learn. Tks....

Welcome!
Yes... You are in the right forum. :)

I learn new things here constantly, and I’m sure you will too. Before you know it, you’ll be helping others as well.

See you around, and again—welcome.

Mark(uson)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom