Welcome to the 200 Series Forums: Start Here and Read First (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi everyone. This is my first post and I wanted to thank everyone for helping me make the final choice on getting a new to me '13 LC200 Salsa Red with about 23k miles on it!!!

I sold my '14 Sierra 1500 Monday because it just started to fall apart and I didn't think it would last much longer. I'm picking up the LC200 this weekend and I'm hoping that it will last me forever!!! lol.

Hi everyone. This is my first post and I wanted to thank everyone for helping me make the final choice on getting a new to me '13 LC200 Salsa Red with about 23k miles on it!!!

I sold my '14 Sierra 1500 Monday because it just started to fall apart and I didn't think it would last much longer. I'm picking up the LC200 this weekend and I'm hoping that it will last me forever!!! lol.

Congrats, big fan of the Salsa Red :) Post some pics!

first post. Just traded 2005 LC for 2008 LC and like the ride with 285 65 r18 BFG KO2. These fit on stock LC100 but rub a bit medially on front of LC200. So I see a lift in my future. Also working on sleeping platform which was easy in LC100 after removing second row seats. not so easy in LC200 because second row is wired to airbags. So I'm following LC100 build Storage system 1 which retains the second row seats by folding sleeping platform over them. I hope to adapt this concept for LC200. Thanks all for sharing your ideas and experience.

I picked up the 200 and I couldn't be happier! Except for the fact that it only came with 1 key and missing the dvd remote.
I drove it through NYC and all the way home to Northern VA and it handled beautifully and even managed to get above 18 MPG hwy . I think I used the adaptive cruise control the entire way home and it worked perfectly. Also loved that it was just as quite if not more so than my previous truck.

This site is awesome, I hope to be a life long member. Thanks for all the advice.

Now I have to save up for mods!! lol.

zs4UrcV

20170521_171104.jpg

I picked up the 200 and I couldn't be happier! Except for the fact that it only came with 1 key and missing the dvd remote.
I drove it through NYC and all the way home to Northern VA and it handled beautifully and even managed to get above 18 MPG hwy . I think I used the adaptive cruise control the entire way home and it worked perfectly. Also loved that it was just as quite if not more so than my previous truck.

This site is awesome, I hope to be a life long member. Thanks for all the advice.

Now I have to save up for mods!! lol.

zs4UrcV

View attachment 1464541

Welcome! I hear ya about saving for mods. That would be me too. Doing a major mod update in a few weeks, but rest assured that even just all terrains and a lift...and your truck is suddenly transformed to non-giant-Highlander status. :)

Welcome! I hear ya about saving for mods. That would be me too. Doing a major mod update in a few weeks, but rest assured that even just all terrains and a lift...and your truck is suddenly transformed to non-giant-Highlander status. :)

Haha, Highlander status. I'll do my best to struggle through this phase.

Finally swinging by for an intro post. Got so caught up in all the awesomeness here I totally forgot!

Not currently a 200 owner, but I'm in the process of searching for one. Haven't had a true off-roader since I sold our '99 LX about 10 years ago. (Not that my wife ever let that one off the pavement!) I'm loving seeing all the great builds and getting ideas! I caught the bug!

Hello everyone! I stumbled across this site are I was originally looking to buy a new 4Runner. Living in San Diego has brought way too many issues in regard to purchase. Funny business at the dealers and all the other B.S around here. ($10,000) over MSRP for example??

So since the 4Runner commanded such insane prices here, I stated to look elsewhere in the country to ship! I tried but it just never panned out.

With that said we found a local dealer asking under MSRP and thought they came across as a decent dealer. How wrong we were. At the dealer I had my wife drive the SR5 and then test the TRD with KDSS. We would decide together if it drove better with KDSS. It did, and when we went to sit down at the table and talk negotiations to buy, they pull a fast one of switching the TRD with a plain SR5.

Additionally, our credit was pulled without our permission before we ever looked at the price. They said don't worry ( if a dealer says that run!) we are putting you in the system. I know its sometimes customary to pre-qualify a customer just to make sure they can purchase the car. But that's a whole lot different then being snaky and doing a full pull.

I had my 11 month year old son with us and they were playing the game of "well the computer is not working" etc.!! SURE

The salesman ( an older gentleman in his late 60's to early 70's) was also having problems at the computer. He didn't want to reenter all of our information again so took out his personal cell phone and was going to take pictures of the screen. I immediately asked him that I did not want him to photograph my wife and I's information and he just kinda acted stupid.

He comes back with what I thought was a pre-qualify sheet in his hands to start talking about going to the next steps ( like 1. here is the price. 2. here is our finance offers. 3 all the typical undercoating crap and warranty stuff. I look at the sheet and he has the different car on it. The SR5 and not the trail. I said we never talked price and that's not the truck we want. I pulled the other sheet from him and lo and behold they pulled our credit!

With a harsh voice I said 'I have above excellent credit as well as my wife." We have cash! He replies you have the second highest credit scores this dealership has ever seen. SO I YELLED " You did pull my credit!" I expressively told you not to and we don't want this car.

My wife grabbed our son and we stormed out with our now pulled credit in hand. Both my wife and I have credit scores both over 870 by the way!!
We both work in hospitals and never carry a monthly balance on our combined credit cards. Own in DT San Diego and Zero loans except for a mortgage.

Long story short to add insult my wife said she saw drug paraphernalia ( white stuff and a straw) in the handicap stall when she changed our sons britches....

Wife never did like the 4Runner engine power. Now here to get a LC

We are giving this up because its too small and dangerous to put out 11 month old in.

20170506_001928430_iOS.jpg
20170506_002227691_iOS.jpg

20170506_002345163_iOS.jpg

20170506_002840500_iOS.jpg

20170506_004711743_iOS.jpg

Hello All,
New to the forum. Based in the UAE . Owned a 200 since 2014 and have been modifying it little by little. I have frequented the forums from time to time looking for info and realized it is quite informative and helpful so I decided to sign up. As it is all sand out here I have been duning for a few years now and realized I need to modify my LC200 quite a bit to keep up with the extremely capable FJs that are in my group. Look forward to all the help I can get!

Thanks
IMG_3188.JPG

Hi, i own a 2007 UJZ200 (Japanese spec).. I wonder if anyone can tell me if I can change the Navigation system since it was all japanese and i cant understand it, beside the navigation/map doesnt work in may country. I did found few unit in Alibaba.com but really reluctant to try since I understand it also affecting the rest of the system..steering wheel .. reverse cam..etc. Can anyone advice me on this matter..thank you in advance.

Regards,
Elveen

Hey everyone,

I'm not new to MUD, but am to the 200 series threads. I used to own a 95' UK spec 24 valve 1HD-FT 80 series with the full kit. I recently sold it in Namibia and am awaiting the shipment of my new 200 series with the 4.5 intercooled TTD V8. I have a thing for unique cruisers, and like my 80 before me, this 200 will be no different. It's a 2016 GX-R with a manual transmission. It has none of the KDSS and traction aiding gizmos, but has 17" steelies, a factory snorkel, Torsen center limited slip diff, center cool box and the looks and a few of the comforts of the facelift 200 series. Should be arriving here in Angola around July 9.

I'll post up a build thread not long after.

Cheers!

David

Hi everyone, I'm not a current owner but very intrigued by the 200 series. I'm looking forward to learning a lot from you all! Maybe I will get the courage to pull the trigger on one soon.

Hi everyone, I'm not a current owner but very intrigued by the 200 series. I'm looking forward to learning a lot from you all! Maybe I will get the courage to pull the trigger on one soon.

You mention courage to pull the trigger...

Let me En-Courage you... :hillbilly:

IMG_0989.JPG

Hey all, new here and an aspiring LC200 owner (possibly 100 series, depending on budget and what I can find) Never owned a Land Cruiser but from what I have read so far I'm very excited to join the ranks.

Great forum btw!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom