Welcome to the 200 Series Forums: Start Here and Read First (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OK guys,

I now have a 2014 200, can't wait to get started on it. First step is black powdercoat the factory wheels until I decide what to put on it & murder out all the chrome!
IMG_9069.jpg
IMG_9070.jpg

They are powder coated. I made sure the powder coater stripped the OEM finish off. I found a powder coated who would do the work for $400 for all 5. I purchased some Tundra steel wheels so could drive the LC to have the other set PC’d.
The one day turn around PC’ers for the most part powder coat over original finish and charged $625. Do you home work shop around and go for it. The Center caps are rattle can gloss black with gloss clear. The Toyota symbol pops off very easy.
Good luck brah!
I still have the STEELIES if anyone is interested. I’m in So Cal.

If only I could borrow your Steelie’s, but east coast... :-(

First time posting got my 200 a couple of weeks so in love ❤️ Mine is a bit of a Frankenstein has a different motor and and a new transfer case. I have a buddy that’s Lexus a certified Lexus mechanic he looked it over really good and said that new isn’t bad so keep it. My other buddy @ScottyDog introduced me to this forum and found my 200 on autotrader. Gotta give him props he’s had a couple of land cruiser and has been in love with them since we were young. I used to have a 4Runner back in the day pictured below but never a land cruiser till now whoo hoo!!! I was supposed to get a new 4Runner but got a growing family and looking at it again, it just wasn’t big enough. Had another friend talk me into looking for a used one. That’s when I found out that I could get a used 200 under 30 grand sold three weeks later and I have one! Got a hunch of mods in mind. Thank you for having this forum so I can obsess!

A839BF4A-6670-4633-8D13-915026246227.jpeg

32604830-1F1A-4BCB-A9DB-39FE546A3EA1.jpeg

First time posting got my 200 a couple of weeks so in love ❤️ Mine is a bit of a Frankenstein has a different motor and and a new transfer case. I have a buddy that’s Lexus a certified Lexus mechanic he looked it over really good and said that new isn’t bad so keep it. My other buddy @ScottyDog introduced me to this forum and found my 200 on autotrader. Gotta give him props he’s had a couple of land cruiser and has been in love with them since we were young. I used to have a 4Runner back in the day pictured below but never a land cruiser till now whoo hoo!!! I was supposed to get a new 4Runner but got a growing family and looking at it again, it just wasn’t big enough. Had another friend talk me into looking for a used one. That’s when I found out that I could get a used 200 under 30 grand sold three weeks later and I have one! Got a hunch of mods in mind. Thank you for having this forum so I can obsess!

View attachment 1559362

View attachment 1559363
Welcome to the gang!

View attachment 1559362

View attachment 1559363
Welcome to the madness War!

will the 295/75r/18's fit on a stock suspension+stock wheel set up?

Been a member for many years with building 40's & custom gear, barwork, cages & buggies but this is my first 200.
To say I'm happy & excited is an understatement but the only downfall is I work away for a month at a time & this will be my wife's daily & our family tourer & tow rig for comp buggies

TTD VX 200
Feb 15 build
Crystal Pearl
Limo Privacy tint
Full tow package with hidden redarc brake controller
Dual matts (carpet & rubber)

Upgrades in the not to distant future are :
Ironman Foam Cell Pro lift
Slee UCA's
Slee KDSS Relocation brackets
Beaudesert stainless twin 2.75" into single 3.5" exhaust
Method double standards (18")
295/70R18 Nitto Grapplers
My own barwork, sliders, belly plate, maybe modified TJM front bar

Brooksy

will the 295/75r/18's fit on a stock suspension+stock wheel set up?

295/75/18 size doesn't exist...but if it did, there is absolutely no way that would fit stock - like not even close. It would be very challenging even with extensive mods considering the math on that size is over 35" tall and nearly 12" wide. 285/65/18 or 275/70/18 are common up-sizes from OEM that generally do not require mods to fit, although my 275/70/18 Duratracs rubbed like crazy at full lock on the OEM 2014 wheels.

Thanks for the reply..i.'m attempting to go a little bigger than the 285/60/18 Michelin Latitudes I have but I'm not sure how much bigger I can go on the stock suspension+wheels

295/75/18 size doesn't exist...but if it did, there is absolutely no way that would fit stock - like not even close. It would be very challenging even with extensive mods considering the math on that size is over 35" tall and nearly 12" wide. 285/65/18 or 275/70/18 are common up-sizes from OEM that generally do not require mods to fit, although my 275/70/18 Duratracs rubbed like crazy at full lock on the OEM 2014 wheels.

Thanks for the reply..i.'m attempting to go a little bigger than the 285/60/18 Michelin Latitudes I have but I'm not sure how much bigger I can go on the stock suspension+wheels

285/65/18 is your best bet then if you want to stay stock with some additional sidewall height.

Hi MUD!

Long time lurker. I’ve been stalking TLCs for many years. I had friends with 40s and 60s in highschool (1980’s) and always thought they were so cool. I liked the styling, especially the side storing rear seats, so much more that the Jeep CJs of the time.

For the last 2 years I was on the hunt for a nice triple locked 80 but finding a clean one with out a LOT of miles and having lockers was proving difficult (with out spending high dollars). I resigned that it was not going to happen.

Then I moved from California to the Midwest (Northwest ChicagoLand) and now with the winters I was looking for something again. I’ve been driving a 2004 Volvo XC70 which is a fine car and with the Series II Haldex it is quite solid in the snow. BUT this is only when it is running correctly. Mechanically these are fine vehicles, electrically they are a nightmare. With just about every electronic computer component starting to fail around 115k miles. After putting about $4k into a car only worth $3k to keep my commuter/winter car I was done with it when it was hit in a parking lot and needs $2k to repair 1 door! So to the classified the Swedish Limo goes.

Welcome my (new to me) LX570. I found this 2011 in Texas with the help of some folks on MUD. It has a mild build (front and rear ARBs, Warn 9.5, Warn trail HIDs, mud flaps and fender flares, and BFG All-Terrains) and was meticulously maintained at the dealer and had one owner. It is highly optioned and with 99k miles on the clock, it still drives like a new vehicle. And the price was right.

The bumper install required pretty significant surgery to the from facia, but I’m OK with that. My eyes aren’t as good as they used to be and from 6 feet, it looks good to me. I love the juxtaposition of the rough look and a “Lexus” as it sort sums me up (T-shirt, sneakers and expensive watch. I go for quality, utility or practicality over flash.)

I’m happy to be part of the family here and looking forward to the learnings of others, the commeradiery and time suck.

See you around and I hope I can find some locals to hang with and hit some trails

IMG_3786.jpg

IMG_3787.jpg

IMG_3791.jpg

IMG_3795.jpg

Last edited:
I've been hunting around for a LC forum - glad I landed here.

I picked up my 2016 LC in March of this year and couldn't be happier. Now that a year is coming up, it's time to start doing some mods.

OK guys,

I now have a 2014 200, can't wait to get started on it. First step is black powdercoat the factory wheels until I decide what to put on it & murder out all the chrome!

Those 2016+ wheels look great on the early models. Should have been the original wheels all along. Good looking truck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom