Webasto install HDJ81 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just finished doing this install, Thanks for the write up.

This is how I did the Exhaust:

photo-52.jpg

I like this position for the exhaust.
A few questions as I get ready to do my install.
What are you guys doing for a bracket, or how to mount the actual unit?
I have a couple units some with bolts on the one side, and some with out. One even has a huge metal bracket that used to be bolted to the kenworth's frame.
At work we plumb the webasto's fuel pick up right into the tank. By plumbing the fuel pump into the line do you run into any issues with pressure?
Cheers

now, i would be careful of where you run the exhaust ... it gets REAL hot. the manual suggests, well requires, 2" clearence to any paint or rubber or wiring due to the heat ...
just something to consider

or

good fire insurance ... just in case.

now, i would be careful of where you run the exhaust ... it gets REAL hot. the manual suggests, well requires, 2" clearence to any paint or rubber or wiring due to the heat ...
just something to consider

or

good fire insurance ... just in case.

So far so good, I have ran it for about 5 hours and there are no signs of the exhaust melting/burning anything. But thanks for the heads up ill keep an eye on it.

I had just started thinking that something like this would be good on my diesel and I fine this thread.

Nice write up Wayne.

Now I need to talk to my buddy who works as parts guy for a big rig company and see if can get me one for a good price.

Last edited:
ordered
i was wondering how i could protect the exhaust on the Wabasto install on the BJ70. very tight confines with lots of heat sensitive items close by ...
thanks

This is where I got mine: http://www.instrumentsales.com/?s=Webasto. I got it on sale 650 shipped to my door.

That is an impossibly good deal and I'd tell you that you have been scammed if I didn't have friends who bought one from the same place. I honestly don't know how they do it. I bought my first one in 1998 (still have it) with a deep discount from the freightliner dealer for $1100.

lowenbrau said:
That is an impossibly good deal and I'd tell you that you have been scammed if I didn't have friends who bought one from the same place. I honestly don't know how they do it. I bought my first one in 1998 (still have it) with a deep discount from the freightliner dealer for $1100.

Yep thanks to Brad I got the last one they had for sale other wise I wouldn't have one.

Yeah I have been selling marine espar and webasto (and a few others) for almost 20 yrs. That is a super deal. The marine kits have some great exhaust wraps and mufflers...

lowenbrau said:

Yeah this is distributor cost, that's how much I paid mine. Reseller usually sell them closer to 1000$.

Fixed:
photo-51-2.jpg

photo-53-1.jpg

photo-52-3.jpg

Here is 1 webasto out of 4 that I have the most hopes for, and 1 out of 2 boxes of harness parts. I've spent 4 or 5 hours now, and gotten one complete harness. Later tonight or tomorrow I'll put the set up on the test bench and see if she heats!!
image-1567806246.jpg
image-3497504266.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom