Webasto install HDJ81 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lumpy70 said:
Interesting. The 6-pin connector is the one with the fuses hanging off the unit?

Craig

No, the connector with 6 pin on the webasto

If you can find the manual to download, it will elaborate a little more.

No, the connector with 6 pin on the webasto

Can you point out which position the black wire needs to be moved to (i.e. bottom left, top right etc)?
Webasto.jpg

Can you point out which position the black wire needs to be moved to (i.e. bottom left, top right etc)?

On Lumpy's photo the top row of pins should be 3-2-1 beginning on the left side and the lower row should be 6-5-4. It looks to me that black is currently in pin 3. That would be normal.

If you clean the connector you see the number

EDIT: as i though, my truck doesn't heat any faster. It will take at least a good hour to reach low mark on the cluster coolant gauge, when temperature are under -10 -15 deg C

I found this on the net. Pretty much on par with what i have experienced.
webasto_perf.jpg

BTW one night the wife ask to go pick up something so i got out to start the webasto, but never did go out again. Next morning the webasto was stopped because of low voltage and no, the hdj100 will not start even with 2 batteries at 10.9volt. The guy i spoke to, from webasto, told me they wish they could increase the low voltage shutdown.

Just finished my install. Thanks for the write up Wayne. It was invaluable in my install. Next days off I will install my new airtop 2000. I ran the exhaust down and faced it towards the oil pan to maximize the amount of heat used. Here are some pics
P1260003.jpg
P1260002.jpg
P1260006.jpg

Lucky,
"I ran the exhaust down and faced it towards the oil pan to maximize the amount of heat used"
that's a good idea, do you have any pics of the exhaust routing?

I just finished doing this install, Thanks for the write up.

photo-51-1.jpg

This is how I did the Exhaust:

photo-52.jpg

photo-52-2.jpg

photo-52-1.jpg

glad it helped someone out ... been a few years since i posted that up.
looks like a nice clean install, congrats

Eberspacher and Webasto are the same company?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom