Builds VDJ76L-RKMNYV - Cleopatra (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yeah, searching is pretty hard as far as I can tell, but people are always willing to answer questions even if they have been asked millions of times, ;) But there are plenty of guys on there with 35" tires on their 76, plus lots of questions,comments about the V8 diesel. Broader base probably than what is available here on mud?

Which one it's the one ?

70 Series Landcruiser Owners

Landcruiser 76,78,79 V8

Little help here .. I'm looking to do electrical add on as clean as possible and what I have in mind it's something like this no more fuses here and relays everywhere ..

03fccc10c7e93ab1cd7237dc243f3d2c.jpg

appreciate your thoughts about this ..

That is a clean set up for relays. I do a lot of wiring so appreciate what you are after.

I label my relays though and usually build a bracket hold them. Keep them all in one place with a label, seems to work well for me and the builds I do. I actually have this very thing going on right now on the gold 70, just haven't got around to building the bracket yet and organizing the wiring but everything is pulled to the location I have picked in the engine bay.

Cheers

Hey David, congratulations on your new 76! When do we get to see some video of you driving Cleo around? How about showing it off, the engine, revs, and driving around?

That would be cool to ship up for Cruise Moab. Ship it up, wheel it and ship it home to Panama. :)

Let's see more photos and video!

Ross

Exhaust it's done and pass testing .. will grab my camera this weekend for some vids .. still plenty to do ..

ScanGauge .. right now, Voltage, Intake Temp, Water Temp, Boost ..

20190206175328-249209d0-me.jpg

2" rear wheel spacers ..

20190206175317-28ac00e2-me.jpg

to compensate the rear axle width vs the front ( wider ) still not sure If I'll keep the 2" or 1.5" will decide when the 315 arrive ..

20190206175253-2a568981-me.jpg

Phillips Ultrium H4 LED very bright .. very happy me .!

20190206175304-1ba5baff-me.jpg

Still wanna do the HID conversion but have other priorities right now ..

There is plenty to do on the list .. and plenty to learn. Still searching for VDJ7* 2012 - ON FSM ( if someone have a clue I'm open and I'm ready to buy it .! ) coz stupid things like the keyless entry system not locking the doors after the engine it's on or not unlocking them when I put engine off drive me crazy .. or why my rear tail lights don't work ( the ones on the body )

more on this thread ..

Exhaust it's done ( last weekend .. and yes I will take a video )

20190211122030-5a196d67-me.jpg

20190211122022-b8805e85-me.jpg

this vacuum reader / gauge was also installed and for my surprise .. this

20190211122105-fc2d2a36-me.jpg

this happen after couple of days of use and never over 3k rpm ( I've been easy on fresh engine right .. 🆒 ) that means that a bigger air box would be on the way .. that might be on check after snorkel upgrade ..

But It wasn't expected .. not that soon .. I'm not even done with the tunning yet !

EGR has been disabled too .. but there is no much to see there ..

more to come ..

Guess one of the joys of a new vehicle it's this ..

20190216081042-b49399ed-me.jpg

I was never able to lower AC vent temps on Marilu under 55F as best, despite my best efforts .. even with both factory AC units on. Although on Cleo it didn't feel as " balance " as it was in Marilu .. guess that's expected due to single unit in Cleo and 2 units in Marilu ..

this was the temp outside when I took the pic of the AC vent temp ..

20190216081031-dcd89d39-me.jpg

It would kill me to see it in person. :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Continuing with the Saga ( sure some will understand that need to make every part of your car your way ) I was committed to replace all those ugly green colored ( that Toyota green horrible condom ) lights on my AC dash and switches ..

Surprise ! .. not happening ( not at that moment at least )

LED I have from my previous Land Cruiser experiences ( mean Tencha and Marilu ) and what I found in Cleo ..

20190218165108-be96fde2-me.jpg

My best option was to remove the " green condom " 🤣 will need to source those smallest LED now ..

20190218165120-49f8a253-me.jpg

at least the rear dome light was " normal " and was replaced ..

AC cluster use just one bulb ( not pictured ) which I would need to source to ..

BTW someone in need for a factory 21 km of use exhaust .?

20190218165319-b9edb054-me.jpg

Continuing with the Saga ( sure some will understand that need to make every part of your car your way ) I was committed to replace all those ugly green colored ( that Toyota green horrible condom ) lights on my AC dash and switches ..

Surprise ! .. not happening ( not at that moment at least )

LED I have from my previous Land Cruiser experiences ( mean Tencha and Marilu ) and what I found in Cleo ..

20190218165108-be96fde2-me.jpg

My best option was to remove the " green condom " 🤣 will need to source those smallest LED now ..

20190218165120-49f8a253-me.jpg

at least the rear dome light was " normal " and was replaced ..

AC cluster use just one bulb ( not pictured ) which I would need to source to ..

BTW someone in need for a factory 21 km of use exhaust .?

20190218165319-b9edb054-me.jpg
Lucky you, no DPF to contend with.

Lucky you, no DPF to contend with.

Ohh !

That was part of the story .. I didn't wanna deal with; that's why she came from the east at this time ..

Anyone here with a lead on SC0584EB and SC0584EA FSM ( CD version looks like ) so far I've been unable to buy them from different sources .. when inquire about them, got vague answers or just plain ignored ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom