Valve Cover Difference (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mrboatman

GOLD Star
Threads
I picked up a couple of 2F valve covers a while back. One needed a baffle.
IMG_1583.JPG
IMG_1584.JPG

The other has the baffle
IMG_1588.JPG
IMG_1589.JPG

So my question is why the difference in size of the baffle? I made a new baffle to fit the missing one.
IMG_1585.JPG

Just wondering why the difference and is one better than the other?
Thanks
JP

I picked up a couple of 2F valve covers a while back. One needed a baffle. View attachment 1674327 View attachment 1674328

The other has the baffle
View attachment 1674329 View attachment 1674330

So my question is why the difference in size of the baffle? I made a new baffle to fit the missing one.
View attachment 1674332
Just wondering why the difference and is one better than the other?
Thanks
JP

The valve cover with raised "2F" front and center, it's baffle should look like this:

IMG_1739.JPG

IMG_1760.JPG

I'm not sure what the baffle difference is between the two you show. But I believe the overall height of them are the same.

Note: A 2F valve cover with the raised "2F Toyota" printed, carb side, is the short one.

The valve cover with raised "2F" front and center, it's baffle should look like this:

View attachment 1674381

View attachment 1674382

I'm not sure what the baffle difference is between the two you show. But I believe the overall height of them are the same.

Note: A 2F valve cover with the raised "2F Toyota" printed, carb side, is the short one.

Is the Only purpose of the baffle to deflect OIL away from the Breather Tube suction port
or
are there Secondary / Additional functions / purposes ?

Is the Only purpose of the baffle to deflect OIL away from the Breather Tube suction port
or
are there Secondary / Additional functions / purposes ?

My guess, and brother, it is a wild a$$ guess....From what I can tell, the "2F" valve cover is a more recent (before the shorter '2F Toyota' VC design came out) newer taller VC and has a couple of upgrades, so to speak. One is the screw on cap. Two is the baffle design, which looks to make it harder for oil to make it's way into the ventilation hose.

I'm sure someone here with better knowledge can explain the differences better.

Air should be entering the valve cover at that port so oil being sucked up should not be happening. Both have the same height. Thanks for the photo of the correct baffle @GA Architect.

JP

View attachment 1674381

View attachment 1674382

Where might I buy one that looks so new??

Where might I buy one that looks so new??

Possibly look in the classifieds?

For the record, when I purchased mine from CruiserParts.Net, it originally looked like this: :hmm:
IMG_1716.JPG

But with a little time & effort using some jewelers rouge and a buffing wheel....this: :hillbilly:
IMG_1738.JPG

IMG_1736.JPG

Still get chills whenever I see that...

Still get chills whenever I see that...

I get a kick out of making polishing aluminum... with with the right attention, it'll look like chrome.

image 2.jpg
image.jpg

Formerly 1" solid aluminum stock :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom