Value Question 1977 Fj40 30k original miles garge kept 1 owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks nice from the one pic :meh:
If it were my money, I would definitely like to have some docs / info supporting the mileage though.
If you pass on this -- be sure to let another mudder know where it is :cheers:

To answer the

"How about Canada" question... afaik the North American market covered both till 75'

75-on Canada had separate specific designated trucks .... but... was still just considered NA market trucks

And I am almost 100% sure all cruisers that went to Canada 75+ came with roll bar ... unlike many other markets

this same time Jeeps went from dealer option roll bars to factory standard in 75' ... and that also was in USA and Canada

Figured you would have the answer. Looked on kijiji and most had the roll bar including diesels that would not have been imported to the US first and then to Canada.

thanks for all the information, I have to make a run to utah in the next week, and plan on stopping to get more pics, I do have a bit of an inside line as the owner and my dad shared mutual friends and a friend of mine is actually her nephew (in law) her niece went to school with my sister. she is not in need of the money just wants to clean up the property. I buy and sell things for a living and have integrity in how I conduct business, If she comes up with a price thats in my range I will buy it if not I will connect her to some one willing to go that high or higher If I can make a commission on it if not I would do it just to help her out. She is one of the most motivated active seniors I have ever met plowing snow on the 4 wheeler, building a metal rack on a trailer (welds looked pretty good), had just climbed a ladder and rigged a come along to a post to support a lean to that and shifted and was falling over....I think I will buy a lottery ticket tomorrow maybe a couple scratchers and throw a $20 in a keno machine, lol

20170207_212505.jpg

Looks nice from the one pic :meh:
If it were my money, I would definitely like to have some docs / info supporting the mileage though.
If you pass on this -- be sure to let another mudder know where it is :cheers:
she has service records i didnt look close but the one was from 2011 and mileage was withing a few thousand miles of where it is now. and no way they put 100k miles on it in 6 years considering there are 4 other cars, 3 4wheelers, snow machines, horses...etc

x2 on good luck.

I would have to agree with the $20K consensus or less. It's a 77, no PS. It's no longer stock, (de-smogged, long seats, no roll bar). It's not in pristine condition (dented hub caps, bent bumperettes, etc.) If it were beautiful and perfect it still wouldn't be worth $50K. I have an super nice 81 with PS, A/C and all the smog gear with a verified 42,500 miles you can have for $36,500 - Show her that. www.lcnation.com - Best of luck

How much original stuff is there, especially the paper work. I saw a 76 on ebay, rusted out, even the head of the engine was removed and rusted out. A true basket case, it went for $7K I believe because it had 100% of every last original piece of paper work with it, original tools, jack everything. It was 100% complete with every last item that came from the Dealer when bought. It was close to me, I would not have paid more then $1,500 for it only because it has a PTO and disc brakes, it was in real bad shape. But the people restoring those you see going for well over $50K need to start with something that is 100% complete including all the stuff that came with it from the dealer including the window sticker, the original one not a repo. You might be shocked what this one could go for depending what all original stuff it has.

Whatever the outcome I hope it ends up with a mud member and fj40 fanatic so it will be preserved.

About your "inside line." This same lady, or a surrogate of hers, has already listed the cruiser for sale online recently. Google search words "original 1977 fj40 montana" for photos.

look-one-owner-1977-toyota-land-cruiser-ht-fj40-32k-original-miles-must-see--2.jpg

No price listed but it is listed with a dealer.

Unless there is something ugly we're not seeing, I would concur with the $20 - $25K values. Assuming it is otherwise complete and original it wouldn't take a whole lot of spit and polish and misc. parts to bring more.

My experience (which is very little) is quietly show up with stacks of cash for these types of deals.

It apparently is on other sites for 45K and has been on ebay Nov. 2016 for 45K and again Dec. 2016 for 35K with 0 bids on both of the listings.

So she is well aware of what its worth...

Or at least the people attempting to sell it for her are aware

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom