Builds UZJ100 Hunting Rig Build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Love the color. Where did you get it painted?

A friend of mine painted it for me in Idaho! It was 1/2 of what I was being quoted in Texas and a known entity, so I drove it up and dropped it off. It's a nice paint job, but not full restoration. My 100 gets used and it's going to get scratches and scrapes, so this level of paint was perfect.

A friend of mine painted it for me in Idaho! It was 1/2 of what I was being quoted in Texas and a known entity, so I drove it up and dropped it off. It's a nice paint job, but not full restoration. My 100 gets used and it's going to get scratches and scrapes, so this level of paint was perfect.
Looks great. I wish it didnt cost so much to paint vehicles..

Any more details on the front seat leather? I'm considering replacing mine, curious if the perforations made any difference in the Texas heat.

In no particular order, a couple of minor things taken care of, including an organizer for the center console (i'm a little OCD on gear, especially small bits) and replaced the rear wiper (the original was worn out). View attachment 2423945

I don't know that I can say the perforations have made a big difference, but they look really good! :)

The seats is a kit from leatherseats.com, I picked the OAK color which is darker than the original khaki but not quite as dark as the handles on the door cards. The driver's seat foam was replaced with OEM and that was a game-changer, you don't realize how much wear there truly is on these seats until you replace the foam (it's easy for me to compare with two '99 UZJ100s). The leather quality is great, much better than the original leather (more supple, softer and with more grain visible). I've been super pleased with it going into its first year.

OK, caught up with the ASFIR skidplate project this weekend. Not a whole lot of drama other than I had to notch the front lip of the skidplate to accommodate a front hitch on my bumper. This thing is beefy, can wait to test it out. As you can see, the OEM brushguard had taken a couple of booboos but was still in great shape.
skid1.jpg

You can see the kisses here, most likely from the Moab trip last October.
skid2.jpg

ASFIR in place, minus the long bolt which I'm replacing with a slightly longer one today. I used black RTV to keep the spacer in place, that worked out well.
skid3.jpg

Last picture, from a different angle:
skid4.jpg

Did you powder coat the ASFIR skids?

Yes. I only have the front one for now. I have an awesome powdercoater here in town that I have worked with for years and it was only $60 to do the whole skidplate, and it came out great.

IMG_3667.jpeg

IMG_6459.jpeg

IMG_6456.jpeg

IMG_6457.jpeg

This was an experiment that DIDN'T work. I bought 200 series armrests from One Stone because they looked like they could be adapted to the 100. The only come in black, so I tried the SEM vinyl paint others have had success with. Unfortunately, the rubber is too soft and flexes too much for the paint, which cracked. So I need to pull them off, clean off the paint or maybe take them to the local upholstery shop and have them covered in leather to match the door. I'll figure it out... they are SUPER comfy, just wish One Stone made them in brown for the 100. The fit is great, as you can see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom