UT Expedition Interest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So what's the deal gents? How's the planning going? T-????
Calling us out here Onur, seems we are not quite ready as a group to make our March dates happen... I could be wrong and we may pull it together...

Where you planning to join us for your 10th or so trip west in the last 12 months?

I'm out. I bailed for reasons not to be aired in public (the rumor is gender reassignment surgery, if you MUST know :princess:)

I know Ben @fireball still wants to try and make something happen, not sure if Morgan @mryanangel is still down, or not.

Spring 2018 looks more realistic...

Gotcha guys. Didn't mean to call anyone out but was more interested in seeing how the preparations are going for a trip of this magnitude.

Sorry to hear about your GRS... :lol:

Well I'm glad that I wasn't the only one to bail on this trip @Crusha.

I think the 80 will be sorted by the 2018 trip, so I'm a go for that one.

BTW...who's your surgeon? I was hoping to have my mangina realigned too!:rofl:

Once there is more proven trail time on my Cummins swapped rig, we will reschedule this trip, Greg is right that Spring '18 is now the more likely timeframe.

Once there is more proven trail time on my Cummins swapped rig, we will reschedule this trip, Greg is right that Spring '18 is now the more likely timeframe.

Good call. Cimarron came on a trip in Southern Utah that I organized last year and the poor guy was plagued with engine issues and spent most of his time at a hotel room in Moab fixing his junk and paying for expensive overnight shipping of parts. That was a rough trip for him.

It would suck even more if you were out on HITR. DEFINITELY not a place to have issues with your junk.

Good call. Cimarron came on a trip in Southern Utah that I organized last year and the poor guy was plagued with engine issues and spent most of his time at a hotel room in Moab fixing his junk and paying for expensive overnight shipping of parts. That was a rough trip for him.

It would suck even more if you were out on HITR. DEFINITELY not a place to have issues with your junk.

Yes, the need to pull the front diff was the straw that broke the camels back on this trip. I will get plenty of offroad miles under the truck this year before venturing onto HITR.

It seems like the wrong vehicle in many ways for this trail. But if you try it, take lots of spare parts and pictures. This trail is not impossible but if your frame of reference is east coast woods and daisy covered meadows, there will be a steep learning curve. Don't arrive unprepared. And a stock sequoia would count as "unprepared". Good luck, not a trail to take casually.
Yeah I guess not the best vehicle choice! just asking............... Anyway I got a real nice HDJ81, Japanese origin. very nice truck, runs great and looks great. getting her ready for a two week trip to Colorado in September!

Well, we do have a trip going to Colorado in September! While I think I could drive out right now in my HDJ81 I am going to spend some time and money prepping it so the chance of problems is minimized (never goes away of course). if the Utah trip is 2018 I just may be interested although if our club decides to do Rubithon 2018 I don't think I'd be doing both trips......... just saying but ya never know. At my age it might be best to get things accomplished while I can!

Last edited:
Sorry to see this fall apart. I was thinking about it.

I was hoping @shmukster would take his Sequoia and we could enjoy the post trip carnage I mean pictures!

If Gary brings his Sequoia I will bring the Tundra with the camper and we'll have a grand ole' time!

30 - Michaux State Forest - New years Eve.JPG

Thanks guys. Gary I thought you were bringing the Sequoia and we were doing a stock run?

If not I'll look into getting the Tundra lifted, locked, armored, regeared, t-case doubled, and probably blinged out with some sweet LED lights.

I will chime in that i'm itching to go back out west on an adventure. I love Utah and always am open to doing that. One other option is to spend a lot of time exploring the north rim of the grand canyon. I went out there last year and realized just how amazing the north rim is and how much there is to explore.

One other option that i'm very open to is going back into the wilderness area of Northern Nevada. I was fortunate enough to go with a solid group of cruiser heads a few years ago. It was extremely wet, but amazing! It's a true overland experience beyond comprehension. We drove across the black rock desert where they host the burning man festival and continued east towards Jarbidge.

I have GPS coordinates of all of our routes saved and i can certainly share them.

Anyways, this year i'm taking a break from driving out west and i'm hitting up the caribbean waters, however, next year i will be very interested.

My sister is in the military and just got stationed in AZ. Onur should be in CO by then, so my opinion is if we can get a group to drop ship a truck load of cruisers, that will cut off 3 days of driving. If you want to do the north rim trip, we can drop ship the cruisers to AZ. If you want to do the NV trip we can drop ship them to Onur's or to Woody's place in UT.

Tossing this out there, that i'm open to going with or helping guide should you all want to put together a trip.

Also to be honest, the smaller the better. So a group of around 5-6 rigs is perfect. You can always have more, but that seems to be the sweet spot.

Thanks guys. Gary I thought you were bringing the Sequoia and we were doing a stock run?

If not I'll look into getting the Tundra lifted, locked, armored, regeared, t-case doubled, and probably blinged out with some sweet LED lights.
And don't forget to take it off some sweet jumps Ben!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom