UT Expedition Interest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dirty Koala

SILVER Star
Threads
A few days ago @Pacer directed me to an awesomely epic trip report that a bunch of mudders just took out in UT along the Hole In The Rock trail.
FAWKING MIND BOGGLING - HitR 2016

It's a great read, and really gets the yearn for adventure juices flowing. I would like to put together a similar trip, perhaps for this Fall, mid to late September.

I would like to see who would seriously be interested in such a trip. Logistically, I think 8-10 vehicles would be the max that is manageable, and all rigs would need to be in tip top condition ready to take on some very remote travelling with moderate to difficult wheeling.

Post up if this is something you would like to be a part of.

Dude, do you even have to ask? I...am...in! I'm possibly premature with this, but @fireball is in too...unfinished business. C'mon Ben, let's do it!

This will be a trip for well prepared rigs, and given the remoteness of the planned route, not the place to learn to wheel.

That said, it will be quite the adventure.

I am fairly certain we have @Pacer, @fireball, @Crusha, @mryanangel down.

Let's make this happen!

The first weekend in October is the VT Overland rally. You guys should all be going to that event and bringing the family as it's a really awesome fun event.

I'd be keen to ship the trucks out west anytime after that. The later the better for me work-wise. October is always a really busy month, November slows down a bit. I'd want/need to ship the truck.

Jeeeezus you guys are tempting me beyond belief. If I go, I'd be driving out. I'll know better by the end of summer.. That whole region is spectacular,, I think you are referring to the Immigrant Trail shown on this map beginning at the top right, and ending at the river across from Hole in the Rock.. I've read a lot about it over the years and actually drove by the trail head on one occasion... Unfortunately fall is not a good time for us.. I'll keep up and let you know...

Untitled.png

So far @Pacer, @fireball, @mryanangel, and myself are committed. It looks like we'll be doing this in early November. Is there anyone else here that expresses an interest in a serious adventure?

That trip sounds Awsome! I wish My Junk was up for it!! I need to fine me an 80 and a Suger Momma!!

In reverse order.

I'm eager to get back and finish it this time!

I'll own up and admit I feel UT twice in the same year is a bit much for my family to bear, myself included.
I'll do it, with this crew and have the green light to go, but you will not hear me protest if the schedule slides a little for whatever reason.

Another thought while we have @beno 's attention; what did you use to poop in, and is there concensous over which potty is the potty to have?

Fire away @fireball, my flame suit is getting thicker.

I've done HITR 4 times in one year. It is one of the most epic places on earth. And it changes every time you go on it.
That is impressive, where do you find the time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom