USA Bullbar/Grill Guard Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Americans

In a few years after I skill up and get a lot of $$$ I will be Immigrating to the USA, I have done alot of research about moving and which cities to live, long story short I have picked two states

Alaska - Anchorage or Eagle River
Texas - Dallas, Fort Worth ( Leaning more towards Texas)

Now my question is about Bull bars/Grill Guards - Would my Bull bar be legal in the states it is quite big and heavy which I like it has been on the car long before I brought it, I am just worried because it does stick out a fair ways and lean forward and I have not seen any like it over there any help or knowledge would be great!

It looks like the bottom picture now it just has an LED bar under the HID lights now the top is just to show how far it sticks out and leans forward!

1488993_341149279361683_2109222132_n.jpg
DSC_0155.JPG

Not legal advice but I would be surprised if the bar were illegal.

I've never heard of regulations against them so I'd say you are good to go. Most of the ones here aren't as big as yours but like I said, I've never heard of regulations against them.

No one in Texas or Alaska would give it a second glance. Neither state has intrusive regulations or obnoxious laws; Alaska even less so than Texas (I have lived in both). Don't even worry about it - a complete non-issue here.

Awesome that's what was worrying me because of it's size and weight and that I've never seen one of it's size in the USA, side note it's so heavy that when I put it back on I had to get help because it was too heavy even for me.
Anyway now I'm excited to get my s**t together, get over there with my truck and drive it to my final destination should be a lot of fun especially Right hand Drive!
Cheers blokes thanks for your input!:cheers::steer::steer::steer:

People will ask you where you bought it in the parking lot, but that's about all the hassle you'll get.

Cool sounds like my truck should go great over there I am looking forward to finishing my list of work and doing the move!
Then just have to meet a girl who would not be put off by the old truck and then I'm sorted!;)

It's still hard for me to pick between Alaska and Texas!

They are two very different kinds of places, as I'm sure you must know. There are many reasons why, but the most obvious is weather - most of Alaska will have long, cold winters but very moderate summers. Texas is the opposite; long hot summers with moderate winters. Living with either of those conditions is the first thing to consider.

Both have lots of wide-open spaces, but in Alaska there is a lot more Federal and State-owned land. 60% of Alaska is federally-owned land. Texas is mostly private land, with some state and very little federal land.

Texas has a multi-dimensional but overall very good economy; it will be easier to find different kinds of employment here, if you need a job. The Alaskan economy is good (thanks to the oil industry) but consists almost entirely of oil, tourism, and fishing. There are some high-paying jobs in Alaska, but the cost of living is also high (for anything you can't grow or make yourself). The cost of living in Texas is moderate to low, depending on where you live. The most jobs (and the higher costs of living) are going to be in the larger metropolises though, Houston, Dallas / Fort Worth, and San Antonio.

Not trying to tell you things you may already know - but the two states are so different that I'm surprised that these are your two choices.

They are two very different kinds of places, as I'm sure you must know. There are many reasons why, but the most obvious is weather - most of Alaska will have long, cold winters but very moderate summers. Texas is the opposite; long hot summers with moderate winters. Living with either of those conditions is the first thing to consider.

Both have lots of wide-open spaces, but in Alaska there is a lot more Federal and State-owned land. 60% of Alaska is federally-owned land. Texas is mostly private land, with some state and very little federal land.

Texas has a multi-dimensional but overall very good economy; it will be easier to find different kinds of employment here, if you need a job. The Alaskan economy is good (thanks to the oil industry) but consists almost entirely of oil, tourism, and fishing. There are some high-paying jobs in Alaska, but the cost of living is also high (for anything you can't grow or make yourself). The cost of living in Texas is moderate to low, depending on where you live. The most jobs (and the higher costs of living) are going to be in the larger metropolises though, Houston, Dallas / Fort Worth, and San Antonio.

Not trying to tell you things you may already know - but the two states are so different that I'm surprised that these are your two choices.

Yeah I have been told that my choices are unusual even considering I have never been to the USA and how different Alaska and Texas are which is why I have done a lot of research on where to live on one hand I really am not a big fan of the heat which is why I considered Alaska for the winters and amazing landscapes, the camping and wide open spaces but the down side to Alaska is its isolation and it doesn't have as much as Texas
Texas which I am leaning a bit more towards is because what it has to offer with location, cost of living and property prices and sizes I'd like a few acres since I have spent most of my life living in suburbs and work wise I am studying I.T then will move onto Cyber security
(People have suggested California and I say well I may as well stay in Australia if I chose California no thanks)

Basically I am looking to move to somewhere that's
Plenty to see and do
Doesn't have an over bearing Government
strong gun culture
big on family values
Few Australians as possible
big classic and vintage car scene

And yes lots of work because you a good job is important hence why I have also been looking at Dallas/Fort Worth

Basically I am looking to move to somewhere that's
Plenty to see and do
Doesn't have an over bearing Government
strong gun culture
big on family values
Few Australians as possible
big classic and vintage car scene

And yes lots of work because you a good job is important hence why I have also been looking at Dallas/Fort Worth

Wyoming would also hit most of those points, as would Nevada, and maybe Idaho and Arizona also.

Dallas/Fort Worth hits them all though, and if you're willing to have a long-ish commute, there are rural counties that surround both. I worked in downtown Fort Worth for 20 years, and it is about as pleasant of a city center that I have ever found. People much more friendly than Dallas or other big cities. Now I live and work one county west of Fort Worth, on a piece of land with hills, trees, and creeks. And my own private shooting range. A 40-minute drive to Fort Worth, if I ever need to go.

In any event, all the best in your search, decision making, and move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom