Upstate Member/Newbie Sign In (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just found out that the wife bought me a Membership for Christmas. God I love that woman. :D

And I just found out I got a TLCA membership from her too. glad I married her.

Eric Rymer
Greensboro, NC

Last edited:
Hi gang. I bought a blue FJC new two weeks ago. Loaded plus.
Very cool ride. The first weekend I spent in Atlanta then when the snows came headed to Tellico. Played there for a bit then went up a Forest Service road to Stratton's Ridge into some snow. Drifted down the Cherohala Skyway, screamed down The Dragon from Deals Gap and then homeward.
This vehicle is the real deal. I drive BMW X5s and Z4s for a living and I know good stuff. This is Real Good Stuff.
Want to try to make the ride to Uwharrie next weekend.
billrhprofile.jpg

Hey bill, you work at the BMW plant? I co-op up there and will actualy be back in January. I'll keep and eye out for the FJC around Greenville. Welcome!

Yes I do. I'm in the Test Area; Roll Booth, Wheel Alignment, ABS test, etc. I'm on A shift. Come by and say hey. My team area is @ N17/P17.
My FJC is blue w/roof rack, bears on the spare.
I want to go to Uwharrie. Don't have sliders yet, prolly won't until Jan or Feb. Until then I'll just abuse the running boards. I did put on the cheesy OEM front skid plate.
How do I hook up? I put something in another thread but I don't remember where.
b

you definately don't need sliders for URE. it's not that tough. maybe if you plan to hit Daniel or kodak real hard. come on up next weekend.

will do!

Yes I do. I'm in the Test Area; Roll Booth, Wheel Alignment, ABS test, etc. I'm on A shift. Come by and say hey. My team area is @ N17/P17.
My FJC is blue w/roof rack, bears on the spare.
I want to go to Uwharrie. Don't have sliders yet, prolly won't until Jan or Feb. Until then I'll just abuse the running boards. I did put on the cheesy OEM front skid plate.
How do I hook up? I put something in another thread but I don't remember where.
b

David Carpenter (too many David's in the club, just call me Carp)
Piedmont, SC
87 FJ60!

Been bit by the bug, can't wait to get off-road. Grew up in the Mountains (Franklin, NC) and love going back.

Been looking around last couple of days, looks like you guys have tons of fun and can't wait to join you.

Last edited:
i'd love to go, but it won't be possible

Hey

I just got myself a 97 locked Lx450. It has a 2.5 inch lift, mickey thompson wheels 32 inch kanook tires, nice sound system. I was driving a 76 Jeep with a V8, so it's a nice change!

Anyway I want to rebuild or find someone to rebuild the birf's - Any suggestions?

Todd

BTW Selling a 76 CJ7 302 with a little rust. :grinpimp:

I just got myself a 97 locked Lx450. It has a 2.5 inch lift, mickey thompson wheels 32 inch kanook tires, nice sound system. I was driving a 76 Jeep with a V8, so it's a nice change!

Anyway I want to rebuild or find someone to rebuild the birf's - Any suggestions?

Todd

BTW Selling a 76 CJ7 302 with a little rust. :grinpimp:

Congrats Todd! :cheers:
Welcome to the Cruiser addiction!
You'll find most of the club members are "self wrenching" types.
If you are a member of Upstate Cruisers our Official Sponser,
Ralph Hayes Toyota (see sticky thread) gives a 25% discount
on prts AND labor. They KNOW Cruisers and do great work.
The tech section here on Mud has great writeups on this job
and I think it even includes pictures. Check it out if you
go the "self wrenching " route.

I'm want to do it myself, but don't want to bite off more than I can chew the 1st time. Thought I would start with changing all the fulids and go from there. I really want to do the birf, but I'll wait for a short while.

Thanks for the welcome! Seems like I've been reading this site for days stright!

Todd

Todd,
I am doing mine for the first time now. (Its on a 62, but they are very similar.) How mechanical would you consider yourself? Its really not a hard job if you can follow directions and have the right tools. (Its just messy) You should be able to do it with help on a Saturday. I would be willing to help, but I am a little over an hour from ya.

I asked several times about getting help to do a few things on my 62 and I ended up doing it with a little help from friends and family locally. (But I dont live as close as alot of the club guys do to you.) I dont have a FSM for my 62, but I wish I had spent the $ on one. It would save me trips inside to look up stuff on MUD when I am greasy and dirty. It is much better than a Chilton or Haynes manual but it cost about double.

Welcome to the Landcruiser family, its a cool group and you are for sure on the right web page! Youy will find tons and tons of info here and see more than enough mods that you woudl like to do as well!

Have any pics of her yet???

If you want to drive to ATL I can help.

I have done about 4 or 5 front ends on 80s now.

Roh Ro, I missed this thread

Ken McDaniel and CeeCee
Nine Times, SC
(It is not where the map says it is...that's Shady Grove)

I have an enclosed shop w/concrete floor here on the farm if anybody in the club needs a weekend place to work on a cruiser.
BYOT & B....
Bloomer, Luci, and Cassee will all bark encouragement.
Cheers!

Jason Free
High Point, NC
95 FZJ-80 lifted and lock'd w/ 5lbs boost:)
72 FJ-55 SOA lincoln lock'd w/ a big ole F

Last edited:
Joined after the first of the year...how could I not after meeting up with some of you at the North/South event at Uwharrie.

Jerry Davis (and family, Regina, Mikaela and Brianna)
Cary, NC
'07 FJ Cruiser
OME kit, Demello sliders & bumper w/Warn M8000
Fresh tires on order (hopefully SS TrXus 255/85/16's)

ure_trip_12-9_24.jpg

Hey Jerry,
Glad to see you pull the trigger on the membership. I know we were glad to have you at URE that day. Hopefully having a great/fair spotter made the decision easy for you. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom