Updated SLEE Rear Bumper for 2019 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Talked with them 2 weeks ago when i ordered spindle grease tool and they said 2020 before available. Must have changed their minds

It’s tough. We have a lot of folks on a back log. We don’t take pre-orders, so we try to get backorders out to folks who have been waiting the longest. It may take us a while to get caught up, but we’re trying very hard to catch up.

Any plans for a non swingout variant of the bumper?

Not at this time. However we do have a nice cover for the spindles to keep the serviceable while the swing arms are off. You still have to buy a complete bumper, but it allows you to run it without the swing arms and still keep it classy looking :).

Last edited:
Very excited about the new design! The latches look incredible but the fact that spindles are that much closer is even cooler. Is the hitch receiver the same design? And is it an option or on all?

Receiver is very similar. We had to change it a bit to accommodate the new latch. It will look like the one in the photo, but the safety chain plate will be slightly different. It will be sold as an optional piece.

I know. It looks amazing and wonderfully engineered. Just had sticker shock because I'm jealous and I want one.

Indeed a premium price. I don't remember exactly what I paid in 2003 but it was somewhere around 2,300 bucks. Adjusted for inflation that makes it around 3,200 2019 dollars. My bumper is a single swing with fewer features. It could be argued that the new one is a better deal.

I know. It looks amazing and wonderfully engineered. Just had sticker shock because I'm jealous and I want one.
After building a bumper, i csn attest the fact a well made bumper cost me at least this much money if i were paying my labor, plus a grand in materials and design writing.

The beefiest, classiest bumper for an 80. So glad I didn’t hesitate when I bought mine. Still looks like new, no rust or fading after 3 years. I like the modular ladder on this new one and definitely dig the proprietary cnc’d latch. @use2bn83 any parts on this new version applicable to the previous Slee bumpers? Like the latch 👏? Also, is there a Jerry can basket still or is it only those Rotopax?

I saw it upclose whenever that was Jackson..maybe 2 weeks ago on Slees 80 in the shop...
comparing what I saw to the pictures of it....I can say it looks very cool in person. it has my wheels turning based on the versatility of the new design. I bought 1 of the first duaL swingouts when they came out, have the rotopax pivot carrier on the ladder, etc etc.

but these updates are significant and well conceived and executed, has me intrigued!

nice work Slee peoples!

Yes. By the gas struts.

The beefiest, classiest bumper for an 80. So glad I didn’t hesitate when I bought mine. Still looks like new, no rust or fading after 3 years. I like the modular ladder on this new one and definitely dig the proprietary cnc’d latch. @use2bn83 any parts on this new version applicable to the previous Slee bumpers? Like the latch 👏? Also, is there a Jerry can basket still or is it only those Rotopax?

Yes, it fits the same Jerry can holder as our other bumpers. The Jerry can rack has been updated to be adjusted left and right to accommodate enormous tires :).

Unfortunately the latch is not backwards compatible.

Thanks for all the feedback and questions guys!

Cheers

I too am looking for the last generation slee rear bumper. If you have one and are willing to part with it PM me.

Don’t sell yourself so short Dan. You’re cruiser royalty. I’ll need you to autograph the bumper if we’re going to do this thing.
Careful what you ask for... :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom