Updated SLEE Rear Bumper for 2019 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm on the fence between:

*Slee / White Knuckle Rock Sliders
*Slee / Delta front and rear bumpers

I am leaning White Knuckle Sliders and Slee rear bumper (2" hitch mount to accommodate a mountain bike rack)

Side note, the Delta Center Console is Soooooo sexy!

What say you MUD?:popcorn:

@use2bn83 Does the bumper come set up like the picture (post #11, picture #3)? I know the hitch is optional but I was curious about the other attachments.

yep, it includes ladder swing arm, tire carrier swing arm, tire mount bracket, and hi-lift bracket. It also comes with a matching plate to cover the hitch hole.

additional optional accessories would include, hitch (available soon), Jerry can basket, maxtrax mount, rotopax mount, spindle covers (if you want to remove the swing arms, or want to just-run the tire carrier swing arm).

I believe we have stock that is ready to ship as well. Feel free to contact one of our sales folks here 888 494-7533

Last edited:
I like the older style much better!

Hello guys new to the 80 series.

Got a 93 80 last year. 235K miles. Got a ARB winch bumber , 2.5 inch OME lift kit, Nitto 315/70R16, ARB roof rack. White Knuckle SLooking at the Rear Bumber. ARB vs Slee. Which is a better built quality. Both are made out of steel. The price comes around the same for ARB.
Need some lights . Riged, KC or Hella ??

I am already at $5K for parts and another $1K in labor. Not a DIY person . Wish I was.

I have a slight rear main leak, oil pump cover leak, transfer case leak. That’s couple $$$K labor if getting done at a shop. These are expected maintenance stuff I was told. It’s about $3K in labor to do all these.
Is it wise to put in a Refurbished 80 series 0 miles Engine which could cost like $4 K instead of chasing maintenance works on an old engine. Any good reputable place that does Engine rebuilt on 80’s.

I was battling between if I should baseline the truck or buy the above mentioned stuff.
Well I made the decision . Hopefully the truck would not break down on me after these upgrades.
Now I need to find a trail . New to off-roading. I am in East coast.

Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks.

@Tony George check out the Keystone Cruisers clubhouse (eastern PA) PA- Keystone Cruisers
I believe there's at least one active member who has a shop in/near Philadelphia. You're not too far away from Rausch Creek and Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area which are both great places to wheel on the East Coast.

If you're going to drive your truck long distances I'd say get everything with the engine sorted first. If it's just a weekend wheeler, I'd probably spend the money on mods and just keep adding oil, haha. I personally would not have a rebuilt/refurbished engine done by any shop that doesn't have sterling reputation in this community, of which there are not that many.

I would go with Slee over ARB rear bumper every time, though I have neither myself.

@Tony George check out the Keystone Cruisers clubhouse (eastern PA) PA- Keystone Cruisers
I believe there's at least one active member who has a shop in/near Philadelphia. You're not too far away from Rausch Creek and Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area which are both great places to wheel on the East Coast.

If you're going to drive your truck long distances I'd say get everything with the engine sorted first. If it's just a weekend wheeler, I'd probably spend the money on mods and just keep adding oil, haha. I personally would not have a rebuilt/refurbished engine done by any shop that doesn't have sterling reputation in this community, of which there are not that many.

I would go with Slee over ARB rear bumper every time, though I have neither myself.

Thank you.

I saw Otramm at Virginia. Don’t know how good he is. He has done some thorough YouTube videos on major repairs on 80 series.

I am planning on going with Slee Rear Bumber.

I gotta check out those places. Thanks again.

20200627_190305.jpg

Think it's a candidate.!

i didn’t see on Delta’s website what kind/strength of steel is used. How’s it compare to Slee’s?

i didn’t see on Delta’s website what kind/strength of steel is used. How’s it compare to Slee’s?
I don't know exact specs on the steel but both bumpers are very nice and top quality. I honestly don't think there is enough difference in steel quality to make even a remote difference in terms of strength and durability. Pick the one that has the style and features you're looking for. Either one will be excellent.

Looks nice! Could you provide a side shot showing how close and angle tire sits at? Whenever you get a moment . Thanks!

I had a hell of a time deciding between the Slee and Delta bumper for both my 80’s. Made my mind up and will be going with the Slee. I just like how it looks better. Unfortunately, Slee says they won’t be in stock ‘til sometime in January of next year.😔

True and Delta is in a 8 week lead time....so about the same time....
Going to Baja in Feb to pet Whales and explore missions, so need to be on the safe side...

I had a hell of a time deciding between the Slee and Delta bumper for both my 80’s. Made my mind up and will be going with the Slee. I just like how it looks better. Unfortunately, Slee says they won’t be in stock ‘til sometime in January of next year.😔
Thinking about selling mine if your interested let me know not a scratch on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom