Updated rear bumper pics (was Project LXXIV) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You've been waiting, what, like a week?

And that's patience?

Pshaw....

LOL! I'm learning that the 70 series market is definitely smaller. This project is going to test my patience for sure...

Here we go!

20160307_095723.jpg

Kurt, FYI my LHS swing out had far more weight than just a single jerry can, but I ended up building a bracket to go inside the door to sandwich the door metal to provide extra support. The plate mounted to the exterior wasn't enough as the sheet metal is pretty thin and flexed.

This is a great design and inspired my rear bumper build, probably would've just bought this one had it been available back then.

Good luck and fun to see another cool product hit the 70-series market.

Kurt, FYI my LHS swing out had far more weight than just a single jerry can, but I ended up building a bracket to go inside the door to sandwich the door metal to provide extra support. The plate mounted to the exterior wasn't enough as the sheet metal is pretty thin and flexed.

All our iterations including the LXXIV prototype have had just that. The laser pic in my previous update is actually those reinforcement plates.

This is a great design and inspired my rear bumper build, probably would've just bought this one had it been available back then.

Thanks, especially considering a couple considered yours the OG of this design :D

Good luck and fun to see another cool product hit the 70-series market.

Thanks!

Progress has been limited as we are slammed in the shop but we cleaned up and painted the frame on Shorty today.

Whew... it has been busy here in the shop as customers prep for EJS, Cruise Moab and spring trips. We finally completed hardware and instructions for the front, fit is a 100% and we are good to roll to production batch. We've started on hardware/instructions for the rear and so far so good. I'm off to Moab for a bit in my 74 so the rear will have to wait til next week. :cool:

IMG_6774 (Medium).JPG

And a sneak peak of the rear mounting :D

20160323_203724 (Medium).jpg

And on the thirteenth day of the binge, she said:

I'm ready to order a set.

:smoking rock:

And a sneak peak of the rear mounting :D

Tell me that, at the very least, a rear without the spindles/expense of spindles and swing out arms/hardware, is going to be a possibility, please. Even if spindle holes are cut...

I'd love to have the rear bumper shell, with no spindles, holes for spindles, nor cutouts for the lights (said hoping that the thought of blasting, patching unecessary holes and re-PC'ing would never cross my mind....).

Shipping would kill it for me :(

I don't know Kurt's plans on shipping, but LTL, CPU at local dock is relatively economical. Based on previous shipments direct from Exp-1, very minimal concern for freight damage, as they encased the entire bumper in expansion foam, wrapped in heavy duty cardboard.

So I guess that means I may end up having to reconstitute their savings? I mean I got 17 and 18 years, respectively to do it....

:banana:

Any word on the fit for a 77? It seems like it would be an easy fit, but anxiously awaiting your report.
I could swing by with my 74 and you could do some measuring and get an up close and personal look at the prototype...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom