Updated rear bumper pics (was Project LXXIV) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A few have pm'd about pricing. We have nothing set in stone yet, as soon as we have pricing back in hardware and powder coating I'll have a better ball park guess.

Having had an Expo One equipped rig in the past and installing products on many others, can say it's a well thought out product and hell for stout.

Kurt,

I'm curious to know if there may be an option for 'option-less', ie no swing outs on rear, no light cut outs, no PC on either front or rear? Possibly a winch tray cover, too?

Chris

Having had an Expo One equipped rig in the past and installing products on many others, can say it's a well thought out product and hell for stout.

Kurt,

I'm curious to know if there may be an option for 'option-less', ie no swing outs on rear, no light cut outs, no PC on either front or rear? Possibly a winch tray cover, too?

Chris

Great question Chris. Future options and offerings are wide open but phase one is to simply get these offerings on the shelf and then work from there. Jason at Trail Tailor is doing some neat 7x series stuff too so while options are king... We don't want to have and offering that is an answer in search of a problem or need :D

will these integrate with the 77 series fender flares and mud flap?

TBD. Steve @ LCD will be test fitting one of the first prod run on one of his HZJ77's

Mating the plastic side trim of a 77 Series to a custom bumper is a challenge but can be done. :)

For sure. I'm not too worried about making one that fits, but the goal would be to do it without having to do too many parts different than the standard bumper or costs are going to grow.

The plastic trim on the 77 Series could benefit from some extra attachment points on the rear fender and they won't set flush with the fender unless the measurements are very precise where it attaches to the bumper ends. Rob devoted a considerable amount of time working through this issue. Your design looks great by the way.

image.jpg
There is a mounting bracket located approximately here that unlike the rest of the Cruiser, is "woefully under-engineered"
and prone to failure. It is definitely the weak spot when mating the trim with a non OEM bumper.

We don't want to have and offering that is an answer in search of a problem....

That sounds similar to Joe K's description of my endeavors, of "finding a problem for every solution."

Having dealt with Exp-1 previously, I doubt a bare bare bumper will be an option, and I don't find fault in not wanting to stock the shelves with product that isn't "bolt on" out of the box.

That said, a non-carrier option and a cover for a winch less bumper would be nice, and in line with Expo's other offerings.

I solved the rear signal problem.....hate to create another by obstructing.

Last edited:
Interesting design, wonder how many people mind drilling into their door..

;)

Interesting design, wonder how many people mind drilling into their door..

Ha. Require cutting out the rear cross-member of a frame and you offer a "I like the clean lines...". But a few holes in a door are just "interesting"? Give us some more credit than that lol.

How many people mind drilling? While it is a great question, it has nothing to do with this bumper. See, we worked with Toyota to pre-install all of the needed holes in the door ;)

IMG_2794 - Copy (Small).JPG

Really nice to see this support and all the new bumper designs, yours does deserve merit with the unique design...

Kurt,

Now that your solution has become part of my problem :), what's a conservative estimate on timeframe before orders will be taken?

I could get the "come pick it up" call any minute which means it's finished at powdercoat. Once we re-fit that bumper, verify hardware, etc and everything jives, it's order time.

The eagle has landed!

I picked up the BJ71 and all of the finished parts today :cool:

The final aluminum part came off the laser while I waited. Now it's install and instructions time!

20160304_103204.jpg

We (Cruiser Outfitters) will be handeling all of the sales and fulfillment of these bumpers with planned stock at our location in SLC and LCD in Missouri. Pricing and lead time TBD based on our install and hardware sourcing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom