Unobtainium (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Please don't cut out the holes. Maybe just dots on the underside.

Those that do the H55F swap WITHOUT the 40-series top plate will need to move the hole back to accommodate the 60-series top plate.

Awesome work!

-Geoff

I agree on Awesome work. Down side using it on 60/70 series top plate would be where Toyota is in the mat.

As for the transfer case I have a piece from a PJ75 that will allow me to move the transfer case lever forward and use a fat lever from a later 70 series.

I agree on Awesome work. Down side using it on 60/70 series top plate would be where Toyota is in the mat.

As for the transfer case I have a piece from a PJ75 that will allow me to move the transfer case lever forward and use a fat lever from a later 70 series.
What is this piece you speak of? Please do share...

-Geoff

Based on sales of the '73 - '78 mat, only a few people actually needed uncut holes, while 99% of the people could've benefited from pre-cut holes. Unlike the earlier mat, the center hole in the late model mat does not have a border. Therefore, any uncut hole would need to be implemented with dots as well. I'm leaning toward pre-cut holes for this one.

Shifter hole.jpg
would

Thanks Roger! Precut will work for one of the trucks for sure and I'll check it against the 5 speed. Appreciate all your hard work!

-Geoff

What is this piece you speak of? Please do share...

-Geoff

First picture is of what the lever looks like on 40/60 series with a five speed or four speed with the blank spacer on the back. The second picture is of the lever that was used on early nineties PJ75. It angles forward which in turn will help getting the shift rod that comes up thru the floor forward. This is from something @rick_d posted in the LX top cover thread. The part does not even come up in the US parts system. Thought I had it located thru Amayama Trading Company for a ridiculous low price but they came back as not available. A friend in Australia was able to get them. I had a few shipped over in with other parts which helped on the mailing cost which isn't cheap. Might be available in the Middle East.
P1050763.JPG
P1050762.JPG

First picture is of what the lever looks like on 40/60 series with a five speed or four speed with the blank spacer on the back. The second picture is of the lever that was used on early nineties PJ75. It angles forward which in turn will help getting the shift rod that comes up thru the floor forward. This is from something @rick_d posted in the LX top cover thread. The part does not even come up in the US parts system. Thought I had it located thru Amayama Trading Company for a ridiculous low price but they came back as not available. A friend in Australia was able to get them. I had a few shipped over in with other parts which helped on the mailing cost which isn't cheap. Might be available in the Middle East.
View attachment 1703435 View attachment 1703437
Sell me one

First mock-up of a late model FJ40 choke cable. It's based on the '81 / '82 version. Question for the cable experts: What years would be interchangeable with this cable? I'm guessing '76 to '83? or does it go back to '74?

View attachment 1706258

Very nice ,

the 1974 F engine requires a slightly longer cable / housing assy

First mock-up of a late model FJ40 choke cable. It's based on the '81 / '82 version. Question for the cable experts: What years would be interchangeable with this cable? I'm guessing '76 to '83? or does it go back to '74?

View attachment 1706258

The cast barrel on the end of the cable is compatible with all 81-newer carburetors.

The cast barrel on the end of the cable is compatible with all 81-newer carburetors.

Agreed but...have to acknowledge that consumers are introducing a lot of fuzzy math into the equation by installing knock off carbs.

Under those circumstances it’s best to wait until you’re sure what carb you’re going to run before ordering a choke cable, or be prepared to pay @RAGINGMATT to build you a custom one.

@Racer65 or anyone else with the inner shift boot. Could someone give me an idea as to how far below the plane of the transmission tunnel this boot sits? I'd like to run the boot to further seal up my interior, but my transfer case shift has a dog-leg in it to accomodate my V8 conversion. I'm not sure if this boot would seat, or if the dog-leg would conflict.

not far, and an inch or two.
Hmm - might be tight.

46B2FC44-467B-4991-9877-FCB387E5A8EC.jpeg

I have maybe 2-2 1/8” if someone has a measurement to confirm it would be great to see. No huge rush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom