*** UC Event***Over the Mountain Tour 2008 with the Toyota Trail Team - Aug 7-10*** (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BMThiker

I aim to misbehave
s-Moderator
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
OVER THE MOUNTAIN TOUR with the Toyota Trail Team at Tellico [all updates will be included here for easy access]

Hey folks! Marshall and JP were kind enough to let me help out and volunteer as ringleader for this event. Marshall's already reserved McNabb campgrounds on the upper side of the trails for the dates posted in the title. The Toyota Trail Team will be in attendance too.

Tentative Itinerary
Thursday - setup camp, wheel, eat, sleep
Friday - wheel, UC Burgers & Dogs, sleep
Saturday - wheel, Marshall's famous wings, raffle, sleep (maybe;))
Sunday - pack up camp, wheel, go home

Sponsors
Atlanta Custom Creations
ACC has donated TWO logo'd swag bags with ACC Ts, 4WP Ts, ACC beverage huggies, 4WP huggies, tow strap...)
ACC has also donated TWO recovery kits: snatch block, tree saver, 30' strap, shackles, gloves, ACC logo'd bags, T's & huggies.
And finally ACC has donated TWO sets of Hella 700FF lights.
Ralph Hayes Toyota
Ralph Hayes Toyota (our friend Rick Arflin!) has donated 2 four-man tents, 2 Coleman lanterns, 2 Titan LED flashlights along with some other Toyota branded swag from his sales floor.
Toyota Trail Team
And of course, Woody and the Trail Team will have an assortment of cool Toyota swag too.

Anonymous
8" Polk Audio subwoofer
CamelBak Trail Blazer w/2 liter bladder & hose
Therm-a-rest RidgeRest closed cell sleeping pad
Coleman Exponent dual fuel lantern

Raffle Prizes!!!!!!!!!
You want 'em and we got 'em!
Raffle tickets will be $1 each and $20 will get you 25 tickets.

This event will be for UC members only, but we will be prepared to enroll/haze/induct you on the spot if you are not a UC member. Total fees for camping & 2 dinners for this 4-day event will be as follows...
Drivers $20 Non UC folks $35 (includes 1st yr UC member dues)
Passengers $15

Does not include Day Use fees for the trails ($10/day/truck)

Current Registrant Count: 47 + Woody, Andy, Zach and Conard of the Central Trail Team.

Attending:clap::steer:

landtank +1 = paid
NGA-FJC +1 = paid
eventhough = paid
steenh = paid
Trollhole = paid
cruisin tiger = paid
boombapslappy = paid
FJCRUZR +1 1/2 = paid
BMThiker +1 = paid
k9crazy = paid
carp +1 = paid
71-Cruiser +2 = paid
77cruiser +1 = paid
Cirbo = paid
mpeagan +1 = paid
cruiser100 +1 = paid
smkymtn +3 = paid
smittycrusher +1 = paid
Land Speeder = paid
mtbcoach = paid
BillWright = paid
netwt12 = paid
BillRiley = paid
proinv = paid
Goode = paid
Rance +1 = paid

TRfWJ -- will pay on site
TRchieD - maybe, will pay on site
tkinze +1 -- will pay on site

REGISTRATION CLOSES AUGUST 5th, TUESDAY!!

At this stage we also need volunteers in the following areas: setup of UC canopy/tables/banner, calling vendors for raffle items, chef duties for the cookout on Saturday, t-shirts, breakdown of UC canopy/tables/banner, camp cleanup, raffle prize emcee.

WE EXPECT EVERY ATTENDEE TO PACK OUT HIS OWN TRASH OR TAKE AT LEAST ONE GARBAGE BAG OF TRASH OUT OF THE CAMP WHEN THEY LEAVE. THERE IS NO CURBSIDE PICKUP.

Volunteers Enlisted
BMThiker - - - setup & breakdown
89s rule & Carp - - - T-shirt design & ordering
eventhough - - - camp setup
trollhole - - - camp setup, chef
Carp - - - registration check-in
Boombapslappy - - - camp setup

Please post up if you can help out!

Good times!!!!
0647eb03.jpg

Directions from the Tennesse side (from Gov't site):
From I-75 in Sweetwater, Tennessee, take State Route 68 to Tellico Plains. Turn left onto Highway 165 for 6 miles. Turn right onto FDR 210 (Tellico River Road) for 10 miles, turn left onto 217 (North River Road). Camp is located 2 miles on the left.

Directions from Murphy, NC (from my maps):
From downtown Murphy, you go north on Tennessee Street/Joe Brown Highway about 2 miles. Then turn right at the flashing light onto Hanging Dog Road. Stay on Hanging Dog for about 6 miles. You’ll pass the sign to Crawford’s Campground at the Beaver Dam Rd fork, stay right at the fork to continue up Hanging Dog which will become Davis Creek Rd. Davis Creek Rd. then turns to gravel and becomes Trail One. Stay on Trail One until you cross the short bridge and go left towards Green Cove. This is River Road on most maps. The campground is off of N. River Road approximately 1 mile past Green Cove gas station.

Google Maps ~ Asheville to McNabb Campground

Google Maps ~ Murphy to McNabb Campground

Google Maps ~ Cary (Raleigh), NC to McNabb Campground

Google Maps ~ Greenville via Clemson to McNabb Campgroung

Detail map of Green Cove to McNabb Camp.
http://mapshare.delorme.com/Consumer/V.aspx?p=bhkzp0xs

Last edited:
Remember the Trail Team will be there with us. Woody and his gang.

I'll be there the whole time and will volunteer to cook.

Looking forward to doing some wheeling with Big Gay.

Last edited:
It's in the calendar. Hope to arrive Thurs. evening. Am interested in helping with the t-shirt. Anyone got any pics of the previous designs. Don't want to do the same thing again (I've got last years, and have seen the year's before, so I want to see earlier ones).

Rick,
The fee is for the entire event. We have one fee for drivers ($20) and a smaller fee for passengers($15), so $35 for you and your son covers the entire weekend. T-shirts will be optional, but we will be taking preorders when we get closer to the event.

I've been waiting for this thread and as of right now it's myself and my son.

The cost for camping, is that per night or for the whole weekend?

Rick glad to see you will be making the trip down again, looking forward to wheeling with you and your son again :cheers:

I'm in for cooking/cleanup. I'll have a passenger to help w/ duties as well. Should get there sometime mid-late Friday. Looking forward to everything.

Rick glad to see you will be making the trip down again, looking forward to wheeling with you and your son again :cheers:

Hey JP, my son's Rotel mentor :D. He brings that stuff everywhere we go. In fact we are leaving in a few hours for some wheeling up in the White Mountains and have it packed.

I just got the reply to my time off request so it's a definite for me and the boy.

:cheers:

Ih8weddings :bang:

you guys and girls have fun!!!

Is anyone going for just part of the event? I have to be back for work on Saturday morning and dont really want to drive up and back alone. (And I'm not wheeling the 80 yet.) I would pitch in for gas $.

Im in.

edit: paid

Last edited:
Registered...Me, Maria & Isabelle

Will be pulling in sometime Friday before dark with the Pimp House!

So there is no deadline for signing up correct? I might be able to make this one!!

I'm gonna need to follow someone since I've never been before. I can be there early Thurs. since I've taken the long weekend off. I could be in the Gville area Wed. night if there's someone who's leaving early Thurs. morning, but I'll need a place to crash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom