UC chat (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well there's another tool I now feel like I should have but may never need....so I now must buy a crow's foot in every size wrench???
I don't think so, probably just 10. I only ever use it on bleeder screws as far as I can remember. Try harbor freight. You could get a whole set for the price of 1 craftsman probably.

Technically that's a flare nut wrench. Crows foot typically refers to a specialty open end wrench that attaches to a socket drive.

image_14901.jpg

Flare nut wrench:
5 Pc Metric Double-End Flare Nut Wrench Set
image_23590.jpg

Well there's another tool I now feel like I should have but may never need....so I now must buy a crow's foot in every size wrench???
They are pretty handy to have and as said above a cheap set for $10-15 is worth it. If you ever need to have two flat or box wrenches, just carry the flare nut wrenches as your seconds. They are great for stubborn nuts that you can't get a socket on. They are great for when you need to "place" a nut in tight quarters, a dab of axle grease will hold the nut in the flare nut wrench better than a regular wrench. But they were really designed to slide over hydraulic lines and the extra "sides" won't molest your brass fittings the way open ended wrenches tend to do.

"O Brother, Where Art Thou"

I bought a cheap set of flare nut wrenches from HF. (Pittsburg) They worked great on my brake lines. You don't need them on bleeder screws IMO because you can get a closed wrench on those. I am pretty sure I paid less than $20 for the entire set and they worked great. If you want higher end wrenches, you probably only need one, maybe two sizes.

Camping at elijah Clark state park this weekend since Thursday.

20180406_170140.jpg

Check your sway bar links (if applicable). A few weeks ago I found that one had snapped on the Sequoia. Didn’t know it, and had probably been that way for a while. In conversation it sounds like a few other vehicles have had sway bars let loose lately too. Took @Trollhole’s advice and got parts for both sides but didn’t get around to the “good” side until today. Well, it was going to snap any day now too!

72E9B502-BD55-4E4E-88E1-12FB84A98D3F.jpeg

I hope that I don’t regret this, but here goes. I am looking for an employee for the shop. I would prefer a younger guy. The right attitude is more important than overall ability. What I do here can be learned, the right outlook can not in most cases. Up beat, motivated, wanting to move forward in life types need only apply. Thick skin required, I don’t even like working with me at times. Interested? Know someone that may be? Send them my way.

I hope that I don’t regret this, but here goes. I am looking for an employee for the shop. I would prefer a younger guy. The right attitude is more important than overall ability. What I do here can be learned, the right outlook can not in most cases. Up beat, motivated, wanting to move forward in life types need only apply. Thick skin required, I don’t even like working with me at times. Interested? Know someone that may be? Send them my way.
While this post is funny I am glad to see you needing help. Means business is doing good with the potential to be much better!

:bang:My employer has informed me we are now working 8 days a week.....

Lived in Spartanburg for 5 years and had never been to the Beacon until today. Obligatory chili cheese a plenty pic.

View attachment 1688232
My brother took me there while I was in college. Chili Cheese a Plenty with Bacon meal and a side of sweet tea. Man it was good... But I don't recall a time before, or since, where my stomach was upset so quickly. It was near instantaneous. I'd eat it again.

My brother took me there while I was in college. Chili Cheese a Plenty with Bacon meal and a side of sweet tea. Man it was good... But I don't recall a time before, or since, where my stomach was upset so quickly. It was near instantaneous. I'd eat it again.

Definitely. You get it because it is awesome. The instantaneous purge feature is simply a bonus. :flush:

It is with sadness that I share with you guys that my mother-in-law passed early this morning. She was diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma in November. It was tough to watch her health decline and it was a lot of days just sitting with her and transporting her to appointments and treatments. This is why you guys haven't seen me at clubhouse events in a while. I hope to see you guys a gain soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom