ubolts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole said:
Trouble maybe. BUt we are talking about the Mafia? Right? No brakes, smoking, stalling, rolling over, slamming on brakes, door impalement, no parking brake, smoking brakes, leaf spring bending, windshield busting, 55mph max Mafia? Do I have the right group. :flipoff2: I could be wrong.

Ya forgot wheels falling off.

Trollhole said:
Trouble maybe. BUt we are talking about the Mafia? Right? No brakes, smoking, stalling, rolling over, slamming on brakes, door impalement, no parking brake, smoking brakes, leaf spring bending, windshield busting, 55mph max Mafia? Do I have the right group. :flipoff2: I could be wrong.

you guys sure are lucky, I think the club might be a little boring with out us :flipoff2: :cheers: well without me and chuck anyways :rolleyes:

ClemsonCruiser said:
you guys sure are lucky, I think the club might be a little boring with out us :flipoff2: :cheers: well without me and chuck anyways :rolleyes:

I totally agree. Well maybe not boring but definetly not as exciting. You guys definetly kick it up a notch. Who would we have pushing us to do things with our cruiser that we wouldn't have thought possible without breaking something. Heck who would we have for redneck rafting? :D

Sorry I have no input whatsoever on u-bolts.
I just had to see how the hell a thread on u-bolts got 22 replies in less than 24 hours!!!!

Make that 23 :D

Damn you guys make me laugh! I would go thru Rick but I've got an add a leaf on my springs so stock ubolts aren't long enough. And as far as I remember JP mine are an actual U not squared off unless I don't understand what you're sayin. So yeah I'll try clemson4wheel then pepboys then try and find a spring and trailer shop if I need some made. Definately agree with Dave on the don't use old ones.

Chuck it shouldnt matter if you have an add a leaf anyway. The ubolts are usually a couple inches longer then needed. I've seen lots that were just hanging down and then people have cut them off.

clemson55 said:
Chuck it shouldnt matter if you have an add a leaf anyway. The ubolts are usually a couple inches longer then needed. I've seen lots that were just hanging down and then people have cut them off.

yep, didn't on mine.......

ok cool

ok well i need a complete set. but i am too cheap to order some. people on the 60 and 40's section always say have some made. do we even have a place that can do that and will they really be cheaper than ordering a set for 50-75$?

Got them today....28 bucks for 4...took them about 5 minutes to make them. Got them from Spring Service/Alignment in greenville off of highway 25 exit 44. Got there business card too. Great bunch of guys...they do spring rearches, manual transmission rebuilds...and a ton of more stuff. You name it they probably do it.

Marshall you may wanna approach these guys as a potential sponsor.

Chuck

Yeah a lot less expensive....not sure what they charge but when I had mine done in columbia about 5 years ago I think it cost me like 300 or 350...for me to take them off and bring it to him...and like 500 for me to just bring the whole rig to him and he do all the labor. But they were good...brought the cruiser in...he made some measurements....took it to my buddy's house...took the springs off and he rearched them and it was amaxing how they all turned out just right.

clemson55 said:
Spring rearches thats good to know. I might like to rearch mine when I SOA.

I think you will want to keep the springs flat like they are, most people actually remove a leaf or two from the spring pack, I wouldn't waste your money on a rearch just to put on a spring over. They will flatten out quickly on a spring over.

Trollhole said:
bump! Going to see them today.

Ask them a ? for me. if you get this in time.

I got mine made last month. Well went to use the front this past weekend and they were too narrow. I took them a old one when I got them made. And glanced at them then. but only went to use them on sat.

I need to call them and see if they will remake them or give me a refund. :rolleyes:

Just been slack and hope the rears will work. For now I am just using the originals on the front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom