ubolts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When you brought the original one and got them made did you put the new one on top of the old one to be sure for yourself that they matched up? Also how narrow are we talkin. when I put mine on I had to spread them about a CM to fit in the hole. But that is to be expected, it's not an exact science. Don't go wheelin with the old ones on there...that's a big NO NO. And replace before you go anywhere of distance. The metal has been stretched and now that you have put them back on, you have stretched them again weakening the metal. You run the possibility of the ubolts shearing off...and that aint a good thing.

i tried to get one to go on. it was too narrow. as in i had to hit it down to get it to go on. when i got it down to the hole they were out 1/2 and bowed out.

I looked at it quickly when i got them, but didnt pay much attention.

Is it really that bad to use the old ones? I figured it was something like that but not near that serious. how often has anyone ever heard that one broke etc?

Well when there is the possibility of my axle comin out from under my vehicle I'll pay the 28 bucks a set for the ubolts. If you take them back and they see they don't match up then they should redo them.

I need to but do not know when I will be up there.

I doubt it happens much with the u-bolts breaking as I have heard of quite a few people reusing old ones.

But I agree, I just had to reuse the old ones so I could get it back together.
I was quite frustrated by that point!

Trouble maybe. BUt we are talking about the Mafia? Right? No brakes, smoking, stalling, rolling over, slamming on brakes, door impalement, no parking brake, smoking brakes, leaf spring bending, windshield busting, 55mph max Mafia? Do I have the right group. :flipoff2: I could be wrong.

Ironic how nothing has changed in 2 years.:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom