For Sale [TX] Toyota 15B-FT Engines (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AlbertoSD

SILVER Star
Threads
We have the opportunity to bring relatively low kilometers 15B-FT engines to the U.S. These are perfect engines for anything where a 3B, 13BT (or any B series engine) used to be, without modifying engine mounts, changing transmission or transmission position.

These engines come out of Coaster buses and will need some extra parts to drop it right into a Land Cruiser.

15BFT.jpg

We need to bring at least 4 to make it worthwhile. Price will be $7250 per engine plus shipping from Austin, TX.

Thanks,

-Alberto

Добрый день.
Это Николай.
Есть ли у Вас на продажу топливный насос ТНВД в хорошем рабочем состоянии. На двигатель 15B-FT TOYTA 22100-5C350
И если есть на продажу, то сколько будет стоить?
С уважением.+421950385642 viber, watsap

Screenshot_20230510-213819_Gallery.jpg

20221227_152145.jpg

20221227_152121.jpg

Добрый день.
Это Николай.
Есть ли у Вас на продажу топливный насос ТНВД в хорошем рабочем состоянии. На двигатель 15B-FT TOYTA 22100-5C350

View attachment 3347042

View attachment 3347043

View attachment 3347044
Google translate for those who were wondering:

“Good afternoon.

This is Nikolai.

Do you have a fuel pump for sale in good working condition? On the 15B-FT TOYTA 22100-5C350 engine

And if it's for sale, how much will it cost?”

Добрый день.
Это Николай.

View attachment 3347042

View attachment 3347043

View attachment 3347044
Sadly, no loose parts available. We can only source complete engines at this point.

Google translate for those who were wondering:

“Good afternoon.

This is Nikolai.

Do you have a fuel pump for sale in good working condition? On the 15B-FT TOYTA 22100-5C350 engine

And if it's for sale, how much will it cost?”
Thank you, I was wondering 😊

hi alberto, what kind of milage/ condition will these be ,will there be verified compression numbers?
What is going to be included, and im assuming its 24 volt ? What country would they be coming from

Excited to see this post. Price is solid for a stateside engine. I picked up one of the $4500 engines from Nurik posted a few years back (almost 3) and still haven't received it. If and when it arrives, I'll have slightly OVER the price these engines are listed for after purchasing an ac bracket and paying transportation costs to 4 different parties and customs fees.

@PhrogsPhorever I have an h55f that needs an input shaft that could go with one of these :hmm:

I’m putting one into Barney the purple 40…and I wanna maybe put one into a 79.

Excited to see this post. Price is solid for a stateside engine. I picked up one of the $4500 engines from Nurik posted a few years back (almost 3) and still haven't received it. If and when it arrives, I'll have slightly OVER the price these engines are listed for after purchasing an ac bracket and paying transportation costs to 4 different parties and customs fees.

Thank you, Roma. I thought this would have much more interest since these are very nice little engines.

Here is a write-up from Stranden's Garage where he installed a 15BF into a BJ42 for reference:

15B-F engine in a Land Cruiser BJ42 - https://strandensgarage.wordpress.com/2011/12/18/15b-f-engine-in-a-land-cruiser-bj42/

These engines will come from Hong Kong from the Toyota Coaster Bus application. The five (5) engines we have brought in already have around 170,000 Kilometers on them (slightly over 100K miles). On the Coaster models, the deep part of the sump is forward from the center of the engine, therefore you will need to find the sump from a Dyna (like the one shown on the link above) and modify one of the "wings" to clear the front Land Cruiser driveshaft or buy the one from the Mega-Cruiser which will be a direct fit with no modification. When replacing the oil sump (whether from a Dyna or Mega-Cruiser), the oil pickup tube will also need to be replaced to match the respective sump. Additionally, on the Coaster iteration, the dipstick is mounted on one of the sump "wings", so a Mega-Cruiser dipstick and dipstick guide will also need to be replaced. The beauty about these engines is that Toyota already drilled the block to accept the other dipstick mounting location and blocked the hole with a freeze-plug like plug. When replacing the sump, you simply knock the plug out and install the new dipstick guide. Super simple.

These 3 parts are the "must" replace parts when buying one of these engines and planning to drop them into a Land Cruiser (oil sump, oil pickup tube, and dipstick). They are around $500 for all the parts (maybe slightly north of $500). Other parts would be regular maintenance items like water pump, belts, thermostat and such. Also, these engines have a glow-screen (no glow plugs).

Hope this helps,

-Alberto

We have the opportunity to bring relatively low kilometers 15B-FT engines to the U.S. These are perfect engines for anything where a 3B, 13BT (or any B series engine) used to be, without modifying engine mounts, changing transmission or transmission position.

These engines come out of Coaster buses and will need some extra parts to drop it right into a Land Cruiser.

View attachment 3347035

We need to bring at least 4 to make it worthwhile. Price will be $7250 per engine plus shipping from Austin, TX.

Thanks,

-Alberto
I am interested. I would require a few extra parts from the donor truck. There are a lot of questions that would need to be answered first. But yes I am very interested.

Thank you, Roma. I thought this would have much more interest since these are very nice little engines.

Here is a write-up from Stranden's Garage where he installed a 15BF into a BJ42 for reference:

15B-F engine in a Land Cruiser BJ42 - https://strandensgarage.wordpress.com/2011/12/18/15b-f-engine-in-a-land-cruiser-bj42/

These engines will come from Hong Kong from the Toyota Coaster Bus application. The five (5) engines we have brought in already have around 170,000 Kilometers on them (slightly over 100K miles). On the Coaster models, the deep part of the sump is forward from the center of the engine, therefore you will need to find the sump from a Dyna (like the one shown on the link above) and modify one of the "wings" to clear the front Land Cruiser driveshaft or buy the one from the Mega-Cruiser which will be a direct fit with no modification. When replacing the oil sump (whether from a Dyna or Mega-Cruiser), the oil pickup tube will also need to be replaced to match the respective sump. Additionally, on the Coaster iteration, the dipstick is mounted on one of the sump "wings", so a Mega-Cruiser dipstick and dipstick guide will also need to be replaced. The beauty about these engines is that Toyota already drilled the block to accept the other dipstick mounting location and blocked the hole with a freeze-plug like plug. When replacing the sump, you simply knock the plug out and install the new dipstick guide. Super simple.

These 3 parts are the "must" replace parts when buying one of these engines and planning to drop them into a Land Cruiser (oil sump, oil pickup tube, and dipstick). They are around $500 for all the parts (maybe slightly north of $500). Other parts would be regular maintenance items like water pump, belts, thermostat and such. Also, these engines have a glow-screen (no glow plugs).

Hope this helps,

-Alberto
Relatively "bolt in" setup, but there are lots of things that add up, especially with the 24V coaster version 15BFT, will likely add up to significantly more than USD500:

- as noted above: late B series rear hump sump + oil pickup (3B ones can be modified but having done this I wouldn't recommend it), B series block mounted dipstick and tube
- all 24v parts swapped with 12V versions: sensors (most original 3B ones work and make it relatively simple swap), alternator (there's a 1HZ twin belt version which fits some Coaster 15BFT), etc
- glow screen likely not required unless sub zero temps are common, 12V version from 1HD variant *may* fit
- new alternator/charge wiring to suit internal reg alternator, and matched belts as alternator likely to shift position if using the above substitute
- large 2 piece bellhousing style 15BFT flywheel won't fit in a landcruiser bellhousing, need to buy the smaller version new from Toyota or find a later 3B / 3Bii with an 8 bolt flywheel, LC 3B flywheel is smaller and 6 bolt so won't work
- 40series cast iron bellhousing will need grinding/clearance to fit larger flywheel, aluminium/70series version may not
- new clutch disc and pressure plate to suit chosen flywheel, chosen pressure plate might required different throw out bearing and mods per StrandenGarage (mine didn't)
- assorted plumbing/hoses/intake/exhaust components
- p/s hoses and reservoir relocation to clear 40series firewall
- may require new rad or top thermostat cover depending on whether ideal port position for application is on right or left
- factory 15BFT A/C bracket has to be removed to fit 40 series engine mount brackets in forward position
- rad/fan cowl may need mods/repositioning

I'm sure there's a few more things I've missed. My 15BFT swap has been sitting unloved for quite a while so it sin't fresh in my mind

Hmmm, this would be killer in my BJ74.

@doughboy you up to speed on these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom