For Sale Turbocharger for 3b (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well worht every penny!!!

I have this kit on my 42 and it was a breeze to install and am fully happy with it all.

Just wish i had the 13bt manifold as pictured haha. I have an earlier model of gergs kit

Very nice write-up! This is on my wish list. (ok, it's more of a I WILL be getting this list)...I am currently selling the house and moving so......maybe this upcoming summer.

Cool. My house is up for sale too. Not fun keeping it clean all the time with kids. Hope the move goes well. Pm me when your ready
Cheers
g

Last edited:
I assume this would work ona 2B....
Still need to rebuild, but I’ve been eyeballing this for a while for when the time comes.

Just gave it a closer look and I certainly see why yould think that, it seems to just disappear. Actually under the motor mount it makes a 90degree turn and goes accross under the oil pan to the drivers(left) side and the turns again to go straight out along the frame rail to the back of the truck. This was his existing exhaust set up. I just tied into it. Running along the inner side of the left frame rail gives you lots of room where as the right side has the transfer case and drive shafts to work around.

I've heard that a 3B's bottom end can't take the boost any thoughts? Real world stats? How many miles do you guys have with this setup?? I'm still on the fence but leaning hard towards Boosting mine! Grandson coming in May out in Denver and will need the Boost at those altitudes I hear.

FB_IMG_1498588911637.jpg

Lots of turbo 3Bs cruising around for a long time now. The absolute key when tuning with a turbo is to retard the timing. Very easy to do. I've got to add that timing part into the thread but have been too busy. Lame excuse I know. A turbo will help your travels through Colorado in a huge way. Colorado is set apart like the Andes or Himalayas or something. Steep hills and unusually high altitude are a demanding combo for any vehicle let alone a naturally asperated diesel.

I've been putting these turbos in cruisers for 5 yrs and no adverse problems with the bottom end. Again the key is timing.

Nice engine by the way.

Last edited:
@gerg is this kit still 1650?

Also, is there any interference issues with the upward oriented oil filter on the 70 series engines?

So yes price is the same. Far as I know the upward facing oil filter always interferes with any turbo but fortunately can be dealt with by switching to a downward facing assembly (obviously) or to the shorter oil filter. I use wix as I like their quality construction and they filter to like 18 microns which is pretty fine for a full flow oil filter.
Wix Number 51085
I just had a friend install one of my turbos on his engine with the shorter filter and it fits well.

Great info as always, thanks.

I’m running out of reasons not to get this kit!

Man, I can't wait until I can pull the trigger and get one for mine. I am still in the remodeling phase of a 2nd home, so until I sell one of the houses, I just get to dream. :) I may be planning a Colorado trip late this summer, so this may yet be in my near future.
Any chance of posting up those timing instructions? I can at least READ about it and plan and scheme and daydream about it :) :)

Gerg, do you know of any installations on RH drive vehicles? Any clearance issues with the clutch booster/master cylinder?
Did this ever amount to anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom