TTT -- The Tool Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those trailers are tits!

Nice grinder too!
I couldn't help spending 5 minutes running the lift up and down when I got it home. Everyone who saw it had permagrin.

I also got a 6x18 Brown and Sharp permanent magnet chuck with the grinder; it's still in the truck becasue I was hurrying to beat the rain today.

Finally got the table off the base. It looks nasty, but that's all old grease. No damage that I can see and I've only lost one roller (out of 14); I think I can live with that. A little cleaning, regreasing and all should be good as new.

I managed to break to tip off of one of my really old Bondhus balldrivers, and I'm not happy. I may chuck it up and try to turn a ball back on it.

Now I just have to build the phase converter...

20210921_183433.jpg

20210921_183506.jpg

Last edited:
Free to good home...these were in a lot of toolboxes I bought over the summer. They're chinesium, but would make good starter tools or backups. They're a little dirty, but still look serviceable. They are SAE and appear to be mostly two full sets, with a few extra long handles (the yellow ones) thrown in for good measure. The long handles are balldrivers; the others are not.

LMK

20210906_125402.jpg

School me on what are the best accessories for a 20 ton harbor freight press. I know the air actuated hydraulic pump is pimp. I am talking about what I can use to for to regain a semblance of a 40 series body panels, frame rails for body mounts. YouTube is good but ONSC has to provide better options.

I've been eyeing these for a while. Lots of options from swag offroad and curious to see other accessories people share.

I've been eyeing these for a while. Lots of options from swag offroad and curious to see other accessories people share.

I've got one, and it's great for thicker metal parts.

The finger brake version is more versatile, although I'd have only used that feature once or twice:

The flat top die to go in the press brake I would have used countless times, but still haven't justified the cost. This is the bit you need to do thin metal parts, otherwise the radius of the bend is large.

I have the 20t arbor plates and effing love them. Way better edges than the stock arbor plates:

I'd skip the air over hydraulic ram, they're loud. Stick with the hand pump, and get this little handle for the valve:

Johnny you may be able to answer this one better than anyone.

Large Snap ring pliers for a snap ring on the compressor side of a HX35. Got it off with vise grip pliers but getting it back on now i've clocked the turbo is another thing. No local stores have ones large enough and I don't want to waste my money ordering a junk set online. Got a recomendation. @GLTHFJ60

Last edited:
Channel locks if your clip has tabs. If not, then right angle needle nose pliers.

Or you know, the right size knipex snap ring pliers :flipoff2:

Or you know, the right size knipex snap ring pliers :flipoff2:

That's what i'm asking if you know what model number it is for the right size. I figured you would have a set.

That's what i'm asking if you know what model number it is for the right size. I figured you would have a set.

I don't. It's a job that needs done so infrequently I just get by with what I have.

Those duckbill ones Jon posted won't work for the snap rings on the turbo compressor housing. I have a pair of those.

You need pin drive, internal bore, large diameter, snap ring pliers, but as you can see below, they're expensive. That's why I haven't bought a set. This is the correct plier for the job though.

KNIPEX Tools - Large Circlip Pliers, Internal, Straight, 4 51/64"-12" Bore Dia. (4410J5)

Amazon product ASIN B003UHUCDA

Recently purchased a demo hammer for a bathroom reno - Bosch 11264EVS. Very pleased with it so far and pleasantly surprised the vibration control actually work!

Nothing like hammering out tile installed in the ‘60s, metal lath at least an inch of plaster then tile. Sheesh.

21535DCC-62D4-4537-8048-52735569A2AC.jpeg

Tile from the 60s, need I say more?
Will someone be saying the same of what you install in 2080? :)

Please provide recommendations on floor jack and jack stands. I like the aluminum floor jacks. Thank you.

@uzj100

I’ve really enjoyed the Northern Tool Yellow Jacket jack. I paid $200 since I’m part of the Northern membership program. A lot better than the HF jacks I’ve used. Doesn’t sway and is rock solid. Also has a nice slow release and drops slowly and controlled.

I also bought some Strongway stands after the HF recall. These are double locking and still not breaking the bank at $30/pair as a member. Been happy with the 3 and 6 ton versions I have.

Last edited:
@uzj100

I’ve really enjoyed the Northern Tool Yellow Jacket jack. I paid $200 since I’m part of the Northern membership program. A lot better than the HF jacks I’ve used. Doesn’t sway and is rock solid. Also has a nice slow release and drops slowly and controlled.

I also bought some Strongway stands after the HF recall. These are double locking and still not breaking the bank at $20/pair as a member. Been happy with the 3 and 6 ton versions I have.

Thank you

Thank you
I like the more expensive HF jacks. I have one of the HF cheaper gray jacks and it's ok but developed a leak that I had to fix.

For jack stands and a Cruiser, I would recommend 6T or better. I have 3T and 12T. The 3T moan and groan and really scare me anytime I use them. The 12T are great and handle everything with ease but they are huge and heavy and do not fit under axles easily.
BTW, I picked up my 12T jack stands for $67 a pair off Amazon's used section.
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002H335A

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom