TTT -- The Tool Thread (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Learn with flux core. Hate it, hate the smoke, hate the sparks, but own it likes it's your bitch. Then move to MIG and truly appreciate how easy it is.
image.jpg

I’ve been kinda spoiled to this point I think but most of the other guys say it’s a pile-o-crap but I don’t know any better and I like it haha

That said though I’m gonna weld the sh!t out of some stuff with some flux core maybe when I grow up and have a garage.

Those are what im eyeing currently.
The short side/deepside magnetic scallops are cool too. For now they fit in one top drawer standing but will see how long i can keep it organized. Plus id love a quicker size recognition.
View attachment 1842490

Update... giving these guys a try. No complaints.

71KzdAEVBgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
20181229_163245.jpg

Last edited:
BD0E9EA7-2E03-4A79-BD92-97DD7FF7D1B2.jpeg

Christmas present. I should be able to break off some bolts remarkably fast now!!

^^ Thing is a beast. I basically moved over to Dewalt for it.

View attachment 1865622

Christmas present. I should be able to break off some bolts remarkably fast now!!

Please tell me how you like it. I’ve been shopping this exact impact for a month...help me stop procrastinating!

Also interested to see how easy or hard it is to remove sockets with the detent anvil vs the typical hog ring.

Please tell me how you like it. I’ve been shopping this exact impact for a month...help me stop procrastinating!

Also interested to see how easy or hard it is to remove sockets with the detent anvil vs the typical hog ring.

Haven’t really given it much of a challenge yet, so I can’t say too much about it. Swapping out sockets seems pretty easy though. The hog ring on my air impact gun seems to really hold onto stuff, especially adapters. This Dewalt seems to hold them securely, but still isn’t too difficult to disengage them.

Haven’t really given it much of a challenge yet, so I can’t say too much about it. Swapping out sockets seems pretty easy though. The hog ring on my air impact gun seems to really hold onto stuff, especially adapters. This Dewalt seems to hold them securely, but still isn’t too difficult to disengage them.

Thanks, just what I wanted to know!

I'm a Milwaukee m18 fan. I've got 2 1/4" impacts, cordless drill, sawzall, flashlight, and the 1/2" impact.

I use one 1/4" for inside stuff, and one for greasy car work. 1/2" impact is an animal.

I bought the sawzall for Florence, and used the snot out of it after Michael.

There are about 125 different tools/products in the m18 platform

9FED94F4-63E5-4DA5-9FAB-031A8B89FA92.jpeg

Does anyone here have any experience with one of these portable garages from harbor freight?

Thinking of going to pick one or two up to avoid the stupid permit bull**** game with the city.

View attachment 1866324
Does anyone here have any experience with one of these portable garages from harbor freight?

Thinking of going to pick one or two up to avoid the stupid permit bull**** game with the city.

I haven’t but there was a guy on NC4x4 that bought one and used it as an enclosure for rebuilding a buggy. Seemed to work good enough. I wouldn’t expect more then a summer or too from the covering as my guess is it would degrade similar to a cheap tarp?

I haven’t but there was a guy on NC4x4 that bought one and used it as an enclosure for rebuilding a buggy. Seemed to work good enough. I wouldn’t expect more then a summer or too from the covering as my guess is it would degrade similar to a cheap tarp?

If I can get a 1 to 2 years out of one I think it will be worth it.

Just went and got one at the new HB right by my house.

My plan is to get a load of gravel lay it down. Build the temp garage and seal it real good. Hopefully this allows me to clear some up needed bay space inside of my garage.

I might throw a heavy duty tarp (brown) over it just to hide it and add a little more life to the white tarp it’s made of.

I can always break it down if not needed.

Can you fit the trucks under the “door”? @SFROMAN

I just bought a jack, 6ton stands, some blankets, one of those new torque adapters and some 1/2” impacts and breaker bar.

I figure since I’m at my parents for a while and they have a garage that I’d spoil myself with a floor jack!

Can you fit the trucks under the “door”?

I bought it to put the 40 and my AT trailer in there, or my mini. All three of those will fit fine.
I want to have my bays open for working in my garage. And be able to pull a vehicle in if I want to work on it. I currently can’t do that.

This should work perfect to have them out of the garage and keep them out of the rain.

I plan to seal the floors and sides the way I do in the desert to keep dust, rain, bugs out.

. . .

I plan to seal the floors and sides the way I do in the desert to keep dust, rain, bugs out.

We need a HAMOM where you train us how to do this - as long as I don't have to fill sandbags . . . LOL :)

We need a HAMOM where you train us how to do this - as long as I don't have to fill sandbags . . . LOL :)
Small, personal nukes. They'll turn that sand to glass like nobody's business.

I'm a Milwaukee m18 fan. I've got 2 1/4" impacts, cordless drill, sawzall, flashlight, and the 1/2" impact.

I use one 1/4" for inside stuff, and one for greasy car work. 1/2" impact is an animal.

I bought the sawzall for Florence, and used the snot out of it after Michael.

There are about 125 different tools/products in the m18 platform

Agree, I’ve been super happy with the m18 system. I have 2767 witch broke down a rusty 55 axle remarkably easily. I’ve also gone to there leaf blower and string trimmer and haven’t looked back to gas.
80E59CED-9AEC-4AD6-86CF-06EE1D892396.jpeg
027B8349-0B8D-4B9C-9825-499052CB07E9.jpeg

43255E57-88E0-47E0-A884-EBEEFAA3CB44.jpeg

Dang, that is a big A battery. I bet that thing is a beast. I am a Makita man, but have been eyeing some of the new M18 and M12 offerings lately.

Dang, that is a big A battery. I bet that thing is a beast. I am a Makita man, but have been eyeing some of the new M18 and M12 offerings lately.

Yea, it’s crazy the torque it has. Way more than I need but when you get drinking whiskey and get on Amazon at 2:00am this is what you end up with

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom