Builds Troopie build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have been gleaning ideas off multidrive for a while now.
i like how clean their finished product is.
thanks

Wayne look at these guys for inspiration
http://www.multidrive.com.au/recreation.html

I just not into them...
I like the engineering behind it, and agree with Crushers, these guys make a clean product. I understand adding the third axle for load carrying, such as a fire truck or some of the airport equipment, but other than that, they just seem cumbersome.
Educate me, what's got you into these Wayne?

Last edited:
umm, to be different
as well as rear overhang elimination.
IF i keep the 8' alum tray on the 75 then a second axle will give me excellent departure angle, better center on the tray when loaded and better floatation and traction ...

here is what made me start thinking about a third axle:

todds truck 001.jpg

Wayne, I have watched with envy your builds on the forum. You are a true professional and a breed not easily found. Keep it up. It’s a pity we are so far away otherwise I would have loved to visit your workshop.

Not sure if this is the correct place to discuss this but I have a 1998 RHD 77 Series cruiser that i have had for about 4 years and I am looking at the possibility of selling it even though it breaks my heart. I wanted to ask you advice. What is the best way to chat to you?

Thanks, Paolo

thanks for the compliment. appreciated.
wayne @crushersrule.com
is probably the cheapest and easiest way.

cheers

I bumped into the owner of this troopy project in traffic in calgary the other day (not literally in a collision or anything).

He has a decent looking RHD 60 series high roof diesel and said you were working on this troop of his, anyways, I thought I'd say hello on here and give this thread a bump to see if it will be seeing any progress any time soon.

small world, eh?
yes, soon
i will also be updated a couple other threads i have been neglecting for the last few months.
cheers

He has a decent looking RHD 60 series high roof diesel.

To increase the "Small World" quotient... I believe that HJ61 was in fact my old HJ61 that I called 'Trippy'. It was the second JDM I ever saw in Canada, back in August 2002 is when I bought it originally, I seem to recall.

And Wayne, no rush to complete this project. The longer your projects take, the better I feel about how long my projects take!

To increase the "Small World" quotient... I believe that HJ61 was in fact my old HJ61 that I called 'Trippy'. It was the second JDM I ever saw in Canada, back in August 2002 is when I bought it originally, I seem to recall.

And Wayne, no rush to complete this project. The longer your projects take, the better I feel about how long my projects take!

Light blue? Patio front bumper?

X2 on me feeling better about my project! :doh:

Hello Mudders,

Pleasure to meet you, Codyc. You make my HJ61 sound much better than it is, as it is slowly falling apart. Having said that, the well-worn beast starts and runs reliably.
It is indeed one i purchased from Behemoth60 (and have since added 225000km to), and it is not blue so much as silver, with decorative touches of corrosion and filth: i never wash it in the winter as that causes all the locks to freeze; this has cost me dearly.
Behemoth60, if you give Crushers any ideas about taking longer to complete the troopie build, i will park your previous 61 in your living room when you least expect it.

Hello Mudders,

Pleasure to meet you, Codyc. You make my HJ61 sound much better than it is, as it is slowly falling apart. Having said that, the well-worn beast starts and runs reliably.
It is indeed one i purchased from Behemoth60 (and have since added 225000km to), and it is not blue so much as silver, with decorative touches of corrosion and filth: i never wash it in the winter as that causes all the locks to freeze; this has cost me dearly.
Behemoth60, if you give Crushers any ideas about taking longer to complete the troopie build, i will park your previous 61 in your living room when you least expect it.

His living room is about a half floor above grade, so you will have to hit his front lawn at decent speed to jump it high enough to park it in his living room, just an FYI ;p

BTW, the high roof 60's are pretty cool, don't see them enough around here.

no fear 61, once i am back on your truck nobody is going to hold up the finish ...
relax old boy

I wouldn't mind having that truck back one day... I have fond memories of it.
PB090075.JPG

wasn't it you that told Darren you doubted there would be much of a market for RHD vehicles?

wasn't it you that told Darren you doubted there would be much of a market for RHD vehicles?

Yup. That was right up until I drove that first one he brought into Canada. Then I raced over to his house with a fist full of cash to buy it.

Just another example of how wrong I've been over the years.

Of course, buying that truck was a mistake too. Which I corrected by selling it to Nick then buying your 1995 F250, which was also a huge mistake I corrected by purchasing that 1995 E250 Van which you bought from me, which was a white elephant sized mistake that we both made! Then I bought a Cummins. That was a hard lesson to learn.

:lol:
and
i stuck with my 97 diesel ford while my helper bought his first diesel dodge ...
my ford has cost me oil changes over the last 2 years.
he has spent $1000/month on repairs on his dodge above his monthly payment.

i loved that van i bought off you other than the creative wiring someone did to it. it pulled 18,000 lbs across canada and the US when i moved down and never missed a beat. 11.8 mpg at the double nickle. damn fine ride but NOISY inside.

Thank you for the inside info, Codyc, i can prepare the assault now. Behemoth60, i doubt you would want the 61 back, it is, uh, very well-worn now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom