Builds Troopie build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, except the patina did not come from the trails; the vast majority of my driving has been daily grind on paved roads, long hauls, etc. Trails come later when time and situation permits. Sorry to disappoint, however i am working on it. One little step at a time...

Looking for assistance: can anyone tell me if there are mudflaps available for this model and year troopie? I don't care if i must order from Oz (or anywhere else for that matter, although i try to stay away from Chinese-made items), especially as it doesn't seem likely that they'd be around in North America. I prefer a quality product; if it is of a material that can be cut to fit, fine.
Any advice is welcomed, and thank you Land Cruiser family.

Looking for assistance: can anyone tell me if there are mudflaps available for this model and year troopie? I don't care if i must order from Oz (or anywhere else for that matter, although i try to stay away from Chinese-made items), especially as it doesn't seem likely that they'd be around in North America. I prefer a quality product; if it is of a material that can be cut to fit, fine.
Any advice is welcomed, and thank you Land Cruiser family.
Hi mate, that model only came with thin semi hard rubbery plastic straight flaps. I usually make my own out of conveyor belt rubber.

Hi mate, that model only came with thin semi hard rubbery plastic straight flaps. I usually make my own out of conveyor belt rubber.

That's correct , and they are useless unless you have the factory skinnies.

I looked long and hard as well for something bolt on and this week i'm finally getting around to doing my own custom flaps with steel mounting brackets.

Make your own out of conveyor belt, or some such: simple, cheap, effective. Perfect. I was leaning that way, decision's made. Thank you!

Hello ih8muder's,

I would like a pair of vent wings for my Troopie. Typing that into google gets me all kinds of sites that are of relative usefulness. So i ask, where do i find vent wings, for a '92 Troopie, with the quarter windows? If anybody knows, i would love it.

Thank You, HJ61

Forgive my ignorance, but what are vent wings? If you're mentioning the quarter windows on the front doors, do you mean the aftermarket windshields for the windows? Cheers

I may have the name wrong, here's an attempt at an explanation: they are items made of transparent plastic, sometimes tinted, that fit on the top and front sides of the front door window frames; they are held in place by glue on a soft rubber (possibly a dense foam, i am guessing) strip; their purpose is to allow windows to be kept open, just a little, without letting rain in. They are also available for rear doors on a four-door vehicle. I know they are available in Australia for Troopies.

Yep, you can get them at most auto shops in oz, I had a catalogue somewhere as when I got mine I had to order them as my LHD doesn’t have the quarter windows which is uncommon and I had to get the part numbers right. They should be all over ebay.com.au, both good and bad quality, but if you can't find a seller who'll send overseas PM me for help, I'll be back there soon.

Those are great for short people
I have found that I am looking through them and that becomes irritating if wet, bright sun, snow or ice or when they begin to self-tint (hazy)
Just a heads up

i have some monster ones I think still that came with my 77.
You might be able to see them in my build thread of pictures of when my truck was in japan.
IF they are still in my parents garage, they can be yours if you pay the shipping.
Though I don't have any clips for them. VHB tape might be your best option for that.

I assume this is what you guys are talking about?
image.jpg

I assume this is what you guys are talking about?View attachment 961496
I have slightly bigger than these, I wouldn't be without them in a tropical climate, but I can understand how they'd be less useful if you're a fan of using the air con in the tropics or if you don't get out of the wet winter / dry summer zone

Last edited:
My BJ74 spends a lot of time sitting in an airport parking lot and the ability to roll the window down an inch or so to disperse interior heat is a nice option. As you can see, my shades are fairly small and do not block your vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom