TRD SC Intercooler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Iceaxe

I am my rig's nemesis.
Threads
Does anyone here have a TRD-supercharged rig? If so, are you running an intercooler? If so, what brand / do you have a link to the product?

I've been working on one myself. I've gotten as far as the intercooler and designed the tank. It mounts to the top of the engine. Got 6 of these in my basement
intercooler.jpg

Ooooooooo! Joey, my maaaan!

Rick if you get your design all laid out, I would send it to Bell and have them actually make them. The only reason I am saying that is. I have that Frozen Boost 4.5"x4.5" water/air core and it is not great. With a little more use specific shaping I think you should be able to fit a 4"x5.5" or 4.5"x6.5" would be even better.

I've been working on one myself. I've gotten as far as the intercooler and designed the tank. It mounts to the top of the engine. Got 6 of these in my basementView attachment 1300715

I really really really need an IC... And I'd like to buy one that will fit my TRD SC....

Rick if you get your design all laid out, I would send it to Bell and have them actually make them. The only reason I am saying that is. I have that Frozen Boost 4.5"x4.5" water/air core and it is not great. With a little more use specific shaping I think you should be able to fit a 4"x5.5" or 4.5"x6.5" would be even better.

Right now I'm working through what I feel is a bigger issue with our trucks when SC'd. But I've got trucks to work on and my truck is tied up at the fabricator on another project.

I'm sure a better core is better but I'm a cheap guy and if a cheaper core is good enough then that is what I'll use. I've posted this pic before and it's really not very high on my priority list at this point. Probably won't be until I decide to go with a smaller pulley and even that is a ways down the road.

Interested to see where this goes in the future. May wait even longer to install my SC.

Is there a commercially available option on the market right now? Anyone know?

Pretty sure everything out there now is home-brewed. The blarsen method posted above has been my favorite so far :)

Oh, ok. Thanks... Has anyone found success in using louvers / hood scoops to simply run air over the SC to keep the temps down (i.e. Without an actual IC)?

Not really what needs to happen. It isn't the case that's hot that makes the air hot, it's the mechanical process of pressurizing the air. You have to cool the air charge which is already out of the case by the time it's hot.

Oh, ok. Thanks... Has anyone found success in using louvers / hood scoops to simply run air over the SC to keep the temps down (i.e. Without an actual IC)?

Ok, so I'm back to a home grown option for an IC.... Joey, do you have an ETA for your product?

The old school Cameron Concepts supercharger with intercooler seems like the ideal way to do it, but it involves a custom supercharger mounting plate as well as a custom intercooler. I think Landtanks setup is the most practical.

CAMERON CONCEPTS.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom