TRD Pro wheels on an 80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone running these? Will they work, or would spacers be required? Keep seeing them on the road and can't help but think they'd look sharp on an 80...

https://trdtoyotaparts.elmoretoyota.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=335226

ptr20-35110-bk_4.jpg

$_57.JPG

I've been waiting for this thread, should have started it myself. Love those wheels and want them on my 80.

Sorry, no constructive input.....

I've been waiting for this thread, should have started it myself. Love those wheels and want them on my 80.

Sorry, no constructive input.....

Search is yur friend. 9+ threads about them.

Search is yur friend. 9+ threads about them.

Searched "TRD Pro Wheels" and nothing in the 9 results....at least not indicating that it was the focus of those threads. Could you share? My bad...

I am pretty sure I saved a pic of someone's truck on mud when them in graphite. I can't remember who's, but I think it was blue. It looked really good. Those wheels have the same specs as my wheels. Center caps might possibly fit on the 91-92s with shorter birfs and semi float rear. They would need spacers on the 93-97 to look right. I'll try and find the pic soon.

Edit: I can't find it. Is there any way to look at posts that I have liked on IH8MUD? I am pretty sure I could find it then.

Last edited:
Not exactly the same, but the normal TRD wheels look good on the 80 as well. I couldn't tell you if he had spacers or not, I saw this one in a Home Depot lot in Hillsboro.

WP_20150516_09_30_52_Raw.jpg

WP_20150516_09_31_02_Raw.jpg

I always thought those rims looked sick! I would like to hear the input as well.

At the very least, anyone with some offset knowledge know if these would even fit, with or without the necessity for spacers?

I'm 99% sure they are the same specs as my 4Runner Trail Edition wheels. 17x7.5 with 5 inches of back spacing instead of the 4.5 the 93-97s have. They will bolt up, but center caps will most likely not fit without the use of spacers, and they will be pretty far in the flares. On my 92 with the skinnier flares they are just about perfect. Still a little inset, but that keeps the side of the truck protected.

Not exactly the same, but the normal TRD wheels look good on the 80 as well. I couldn't tell you if he had spacers or not, I saw this one in a Home Depot lot in Hillsboro.

Running the same wheels although mine are 16" - no spacers although might do so "some day" just for the look. They fit just fine (I didn't look if the dimensions are the same as those inquired by the OP).

My wheels are slightly different but I bet the dimensions are similar. Mine are 16 inch rims, and I have 1 1/2" spacers. I had to grind a tiny bit of clearance under the center cap area for the six flange bolts on the rear- no big deal. To get the TRD cap to fit the front, I had to pry the metal off the plastic backer, cut a hole in the plastic, and build it up with foam two sided emblem tape. This gave clearance for the dust cap sticking out. The rear caps I run without the little wire retainer and have had no issues
downloadfile-17.jpeg
20150619_145334.jpg

20150704_142156.jpg
20150704_142150.jpg
20150704_141822.jpg

How hard is it to widen aluminum wheels?

Not easy nor safe. Aluminum is not like steel where you cam just weld a section on. The molecular structure is very different than steel and one can not simply weld some additional Piece on. Once aluminum is welded it needs to go through heat treatment again to realign the molecules to regain strength or it will simply crack/fail.

Cheaper and safer to just buy a wider rim.

Last edited:
It was suggested , but not practical. Perhaps it was just wishful thinking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom