TRD Pro wheels on an 80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I feel I have searched every way possible and found nothing on the TRD Pro Wheels within the 80 Series forum, but happened to stumble upon the attached pic in an unrelated post. No details about the wheels or if spacers are needed. Assuming this is from a 91' but would like some details on minimum size spacer needed to allow center caps to work on a 97'.

IMG_2013.jpg

I feel I have searched every way possible and found nothing on the TRD Pro Wheels within the 80 Series forum, but happened to stumble upon the attached pic in an unrelated post. No details about the wheels or if spacers are needed. Assuming this is from a 91' but would like some details on minimum size spacer needed to allow center caps to work on a 97'.

View attachment 1117104

Username? We need to pick their brain!

Ugh, is this still going on?

Find a machine shop to bore the center to at least 106mm and forget the caps. You can't fit the caps on the rear without a huge spacer.

How about these instead?
2016-toyota-tacoma-trd-off-road-front-side-view.jpg

They are 16s and will fit with no issue. Caps might still not fit and you have to wait until september

I put a set of the black fj trail teams wheels on mine
I use 1.5" spacers but not sure if u need them or not
I was able to snap the caps on
Either lost one or it was stolen, so I pulled em
Looks better without em anyway!!!

I put a set of the black fj trail teams wheels on mine
I use 1.5" spacers but not sure if u need them or not
I was able to snap the caps on
Either lost one or it was stolen, so I pulled em
Looks better without em anyway!!!

Do you have a pic? I looked through your post history but may have missed it. I'm about to buy a really sweet 80 and am in the midst of searching high and low for the right wheels and tires. I'm probably going with Geolanders in 33s as I really like this tire on my 40. I'm a little concerned with wear though so I may end up with a couple sets of wheels, one for summer and one for offroad/winter.

I like TRD wheels better than any I've seen.

1.5" spacers and they went on fine. I had been told I would still have to modify the center caps but they went on with no issues.

View attachment 1117104
That is mine and yes I used spacers. The truck is 1996. I used 1.5 inch spacers SpiderTraxs from Slee. Your 97 should be the same as my 1996.

View attachment 1117104
The wheels did fit without spacers. However, the cap did not fit. Here is how it looked without the caps.
2015 at 1:15 PM[/GALLERY]

I recall these wheels being 17x7 I was going to grab a set bc they look kind of cool, but was turned off by the 7" width.

saw these on a local 4R and thought they looked sharp...maybe the second wheel I'd actually put on the 80 other than stock.

And these are 17 x 8 ... 17X8 TRD PRO SEMA STYLE WHEELS 4 Runner Tacoma PreRunner 6x139 FJ Cruiser | eBay

Still would love some feedback on these as they are "non-oem"

Those should work fine with 1 1/2" spacers. Don't know about centers but I'm betting some creativity will make them fit. Keep an eye on those prices, I almost bought a spare set for my Pro 4runner to put winter tires on and they were under $700/set in December. I do believe there is a shortage right now (supply issue through Toyota?) and they have nearly doubled in price. Patience may pay off.

Lots of Tacoma/4runners are running FN FX Pro wheel. The center caps are flush to the wheel though. FN FX Pro wheels

FN Wheels Model Name:
ƒ(x) Pro Diameter: 17" Width: 8" Offset: 0mm Backspacing: 4.5" Load rating: 955KG (2,100lbs+) Weight: 23.88lbs (approximate) (vs. 27lbs +/- for the OE wheel) Certification: JWL-T, VIA, SAE J-2530, DOT approved Colors: Matte gunmetal*, dark gloss gunmetal, matte black* and matte bronze - *Matte gunmetal

Got the FN FX PRO wheels on my 75.
upload_2018-2-12_20-39-32.png

And the FN Overlander Spec B wheels on my 94 (The Green Bean) and couldn't be happier. Center
hub bores had to be machined through FN Wheels to use a standard 4.25" cap. No spacers were used on either
vehicle.

upload_2018-2-12_20-42-3.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom