Trail communications for club (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My CHIRP file has CLCC and GSMR (my company uses them) channels I will add Gotham’s channels if and when I find them. I have them on a map from CMCC.

I just sent mine to Andy.

SEE if anyone will get their HAM license!

HEAR discussions about various radios!

FEEL like you might know what everyone is talking about!

THINK about taking a test!

TASTE the confusion!

All this and MORE!

New reality series, CHIRP SWAP Sundays at 8 pm, only on ABC!

Two VHF ham repeaters provide good coverage to the Rausch Creek, Pine Grove, Twin Grove areas.
145.17 - offset 110.9 CTCSS (PL)
146.64 - offset 82.5 CTCSS (PL)
Callsign AA3RG
Appalachian Amateur Radio Group. AA3RG * Appalachian Amateur Radio Group Home

@emorth this is really helpful. I wonder if we need to make a chirp file specifically for the Keystone cruisers with this kind of information, specifically repeaters close to Rausch or AOAA.

For example, the chirp file sent to me by @Pacer doesn't have these repeater frequencies with their offsets.

Of course, I am still new to both off roading and Ham, so I know I am being presumptive, but I think I will put my mind to creating something like this, specific to Keystone!

Please feel free to correct me if I am not making any sense.

I would just add them to the CHIRP file from Pacer. That file probably will have the CLCC channels. These Channel’s are programmed into Crusha’s Motorola radios.

I will try and add them in. But I am not the radio expert.

Two VHF ham repeaters provide good coverage to the Rausch Creek, Pine Grove, Twin Grove areas.
145.17 - offset 110.9 CTCSS (PL)
146.64 - offset 82.5 CTCSS (PL)
Callsign AA3RG
Appalachian Amateur Radio Group. AA3RG * Appalachian Amateur Radio Group Home
Only the 145.170 repeater has been active the last few times I've been at RC. Repeaterbook.com says otherwise, but there's not been any transmission from the 146.640 repeater last couple of times I tried.
The 145.170 has very good coverage and we use that to go back and forth between Twin Grove campground and RC.

Guys,
Keep in mind that any CHIRP file is really just an Excel spredsheet. You can copy/paste/add/delete just like Excel.
There's really no need for multiple CHIRP files because most radios have more memory locations than anyone can use. IIRC the UV5R has 125. My Kenwood has 1000.

Just add to an existing CHIRP "master" file and push it to the radio of your choice.
Then choose the preset you want to talk on, just like picking a CB channel.

I sent Andy my CHIRP master file which I updated last July for CMCC. It has a lot of local repeaters around me and places I go. Feel free to edit it as you see fit.

Last edited:
Can you email it back to me when you are done? Thank you for taking this on?
I tried to add the repeaters into my chirp and ran out of time last night.

Can you email it back to me when you are done? Thank you for taking this on?
I tried to add the repeaters into my chirp and ran out of time last night.
Let's all hope I follow through on this.

I don't think a chirp file is necessary, Jon sent me all the frequenicies and repeater info that he has validated for the area and it literally took me less that 5 mins to manually program them all into my radio while watching Netflix.

So Chris when do you want me drop my radios off for you to reprogram :grinpimp:

I don't think a chirp file is necessary, Jon sent me all the frequenicies and repeater info that he has validated for the area and it literally took me less that 5 mins to manually program them all into my radio while watching Netflix.

Any chance you could post the frequencies and offsets here, or would it be better to do via pm

My wife was kind enough to get me a baofeng for Christmas. I have a chirp cable on the way, who has the files again? I guess I’ll be studying for a ham license soon rather than later.

Post #31 in this thread has all the info.

My wife was kind enough to get me a baofeng for Christmas. I have a chirp cable on the way, who has the files again? I guess I’ll be studying for a ham license soon rather than later.
Post 31 in this thread.

Blair, I have like 4 different files text or pm me your email and I will send them to you.
I'm currently trying to create one that we can use with our club radios and the guys from CLCC and glcc but need a club radio for testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom