Toyota Hilux Surf 5 Speed Swap (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I'm going to convert my 94 KZN130 1KZTE auto to manual. I have a 5 speed trans, cross member, front and rear driveshafts from a NA 3.0 4Runner, and I am sourcing a r150/1kz bellhousing, fork assembly, flywheel, clutch, pedal box, and clutch slave/master from Australia. The only thing I'm not currently getting is an ECU. I've heard that you don't actually need an ECU, that it will throw a CEL but run fine if you bridge a connector to make it think that the cars always in Neutral. I'm just not sure about the reverse lights and speedometer. Is the speedo just plug and play and unrelated to the ECU? And same question for the reverse lights. Although I imagine it would be pretty easy to wire something up for reverse lights.

Apart from that am I missing anything?
cheers

Reverse light should be completely separate from the ECU, though you may need to splice in a new plug for the reverse light switch on the transmission. Speedometer cable should be the same I believe, since it attaches to the transfer case, though I’m not super familiar with the 4Runner/Surf setup for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom