Toyota FZ Engine - where to buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.eldiviso-garage.co
Any help on where to buy a new FZ engine is greatly appreciated! I am looking to exchange my actual 3F on an FJ80/1991. I'd like to see the FJ perform much better than the posible upgrades I did on the 3F, still feels heavy.

You will most likely need an ECU , transmission and a wiring harness as well. Not sure what the availability of the 1fz motor and accessories are in Columbia but above is not a Bad suggestion. Or perhaps a whole wrecked truck would be a better and cheaper way to proceed. Also some more research to see what all will actually be needed as it won't be a plug and play swap

Sounds like a ton of work! I would just swap rigs to s newer model. Available in Columbia till around 2006?

I bought a complete 1fzfe with intake and sensors 3 years ago. Slowly dismantled the engine, left the plenum and all components attached to it, and have never gone further. I'd be willing to sell the whole thing for a reasonable price. It had 165 and was running when pulled but had sat for a few years. My intention was to get a "refresher" on it, new rings, bearings, have the head gone through, and then swap it into my truck. Now I just want it out of the garage.

I bought a complete 1fzfe with intake and sensors 3 years ago. Slowly dismantled the engine, left the plenum and all components attached to it, and have never gone further. I'd be willing to sell the whole thing for a reasonable price. It had 165 and was running when pulled but had sat for a few years. My intention was to get a "refresher" on it, new rings, bearings, have the head gone through, and then swap it into my truck. Now I just want it out of the garage.
Shipping to Columbia might get expensive!

Can you regear?

The 3FE has less power, but better reliability than the 1FZ-FE. I think You'd be ahead getting an FZJ 80 and selling the FJ80 instead.

my personal experience has been the other way around. my DD 80 1FZ has over 300K and going strong. my FJ62 tossed a rod out the side of the block well before it hit 200K.

am i the only one that has had worse luck with 3FEs?

my personal experience has been the other way around. my DD 80 1FZ has over 300K and going strong. my FJ62 tossed a rod out the side of the block well before it hit 200K.

am i the only one that has had worse luck with 3FEs?

No, I have read a LOT of posts here about problems with the 3FE, there are a couple Very vocal members that In nearly every post they answer end up saying how great the 3FE Is. I usually leave when I see them In a post answering because I know whats coming. Its like the forum Is there personal Blog. Your not the only One, Thats for sure. Good Luck..! :)

Last edited:
Beno, I think that is the nature of the interwebbers......specially in an election year....mis and dis information are more the norm than the exception these days

Can you regear?

The 3FE has less power, but better reliability than the 1FZ-FE. I think You'd be ahead getting an FZJ 80 and selling the FJ80 instead.
I'd take a 1FZ, for power AND dependability, over a 3FE every day of the week & twice on Sunday.

Much better HG reliability. Simpler FI. Easier to work on. IDK because I've never had to- but probably easier to patch up if in a desolate area without parts availability.

I think the "3FE is better" theory has developed because the 1FZ is faster and funner and tends to accumulate miles and "hard beatings" much faster and more frequently than the 3fe. Everyone I know with a 3fe drives it much easier/less demanding than my friends and I do with our 1fz's. Just as an example, my rig sees 5000 rpm at least once a day on the freeway ramps. John

I think the "3FE is better" theory has developed because the 1FZ is faster and funner and tends to accumulate miles and "hard beatings" much faster and more frequently than the 3fe. Everyone I know with a 3fe drives it much easier/less demanding than my friends and I do with our 1fz's. Just as an example, my rig sees 5000 rpm at least once a day on the freeway ramps. John

I think that is a very interesting theory, and has the ring of truth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom