Toyota "BJ" Jeep Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Johnny did Toyota use the same transmission tranfers case in the FJ25 as they did in the BJ jeep? Looks like same shifters. Hand is a little less refined then the 25 but in the same location. I do see it also has a Darth Vader light.On the face of the dash not underneath like the 25 and early 40s.

Johnny did Toyota use the same transmission tranfers case in the FJ25 as they did in the BJ jeep? Looks like same shifters. Hand is a little less refined then the 25 but in the same location. I do see it also has a Darth Vader light.On the face of the dash not underneath like the 25 and early 40s.

I dont really know if it was the same.... however early parts manual part numbers may point to the BJ as its origin by the part numbers... if they start with BJ .... could very well be the same :)

found a few more good pics of this BJ Jeep.... the owner is a friend of Steve Kopito's aka @owensexport from what i recall .... what a great looking truck :)

140331_toyotabj_main-thumb-720xauto-165.jpg
140331_toyotabj_1-thumb-720xauto-166.jpg
140331_toyotabj_2-thumb-720xauto-167.jpg
140331_toyotabj_3-thumb-720xauto-168.jpg
140331_toyotabj_4-thumb-720xauto-169.jpg

Is this in the US or in Japan? I know Steve travels there regularly. Very cool pictures. looks like only three cells on the battery, six volt? Winkers and are those huge horns behind the oil filter?

The Owner Mr. Yasui lives in Tokyo.
He does drive it from time to time and uses it for displays and parades.
Amazing condition vehicle!

Hi All,

We are travelling to Japan imminently to film a TV show in which we would like to feature a 1950s Toyota Jeep BJ. If you have any contact details for Mr. Yasui or any other BJ owners in Japan please do let me know so we can get in touch. Please send me a message if you have any thoughts.

Many thanks. HF

The Iruma City Museum puts on a yearly vintage vehicle exhibit.
it is arranged by my friend Yuichi Ishikawa who used to publish CCV magazine.
he collects vehicles from all of his crazy friends and I think they are on
display for about 1 week. Mr. Yasui owns the green BJ you see in the photos.
Mr. Yasui restored that BJ and it has been in several magazines an TV productions. He also restored the BJ Firetruck shown early in the thread that now is in the Toyota Museum if I am not mistaken.

Tiger auto also displays vehicles. I think the Land Rover belongs to Mr. Ishikawa.

Hi All,

We are travelling to Japan imminently to film a TV show in which we would like to feature a 1950s Toyota Jeep BJ. If you have any contact details for Mr. Yasui or any other BJ owners in Japan please do let me know so we can get in touch. Please send me a message if you have any thoughts.

Many thanks. HF

Steve Kopito's friend is who you are looking for....

steve's contact info:

Owens Export Service

9510 Owensmouth Ave. #4
Chatsworth, CA. 91311 USA

Tel: 818-772-0806
Fax: 818-772-4799

email.gif

Figured this would be a good place for my recent walk around :D

1953 BJT

He has some amazing finds in Japan, both vehicles and documents. I follow him on IG and enjoy his content!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom