Tornado Alley Cruisers Introductions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is a picture of what I have.

image.jpeg

Agree with @1MAC Two part epoxy.

Last edited:
Allow myself to re-introduce...myself...

My name is Jason, I drive the white jalopy Hilux, it has a few mods, and three years have literally felt like a few weeks. I had no idea how much time had passed, but sometimes life throws some whoppers that embrace the fourth dimension and time vaporizes. Long story so we'll chat over refreshments and an open fire!

Anyways, Sarah & I miss the crew and the venues, and look forward to seeing everyone on the trails.

Mine is a 2001 with just over 175k, 4.88s, dorkle, protection, AC, IPT VB (unexpected 2nd gear chirp on almost 35s), blasted 80 series wheels, Soft-Topper, and a rattle somewhere I still can't find.

IMG_2269.jpg

Hers is a 2013 4RNR Trail that she occasionally lets me drive, and we're still having fun in stock form...but she's made it clear she wants bumpers, lift and tires. Who can blame her?

IMG_1626.JPG

Missed you Jason and Sarah! Tuttle was not the same last year without you. Josh kept saying "is this where the Taco ran right up the hill"

Howdy everyone. Our family is Rob, Haley and our 15 month old boy Wulff. I have been lurking on Mud since my wife and I picked up a 96 Fzj80 outside of Lawrence, where we live. The LC just turned over 295K and runs really well. The truck does not have lockers which is not a huge deal for us. We bought this vehicle to use as a daily driver and lake truck for hunting and fishing. The leather is not in terrible condition and I replaced the stereo with a nice bluetooth enabled head unit and new speakers up front. There is some minor body damage here and there but nothing to get too worked up about. Took the truck for our first long drive with it in March up to Ft. Collins, Boulder and Greeley. We love this vehicle. Not many issues with it as of yet. It leaks a bit of oil and I refastened the magnets on the inside of the wiper motor. I really appreciate the vast amount of knowledge contained on this website. Really makes me feel confident about handling most everything with this truck myself. Like the club name.

Nice looking rig. Hope to see you around.

Hi everyone,
My name is Brian and I have been lurking on Mud and looking for an 80 for a year or so. I wasn't in a big hurry but I live near @StucknKS and spoke to him a few times, with his help I got more serious. I found a local fully locked '97 on CL several weeks ago and picked it up that day. I grew up in Wichita and had a few K5 Blazers and a 4Runner previously but I always wanted an 80 series. I have more plans for the cruiser than dollars but I need to get the Y pipe replaced and put some carpet inside first. You will often see my son and I with a kayak on top driving to local lakes and streams. It will be nice to get back on the trails soon and we look forward to meeting everyone.

Hey Brian. I think we met over at @StucknKS house one day. Glad to hear you have a LC! That makes about a half dozen now within spitting distance!

@half k cruiser just put in a new front to back exhaust system that he was happy with. Forgot what brand he did.

Cheers,

@wsudu I would go with the magnaflow y-pipe. Don't let some exhaust shop cobble something together for you, you will just pay more in the long run. Also, don't order it off of amazon, the seller there is a ripoff, I know from experience. I would get if from Summit if you go that route.

Thanks for the help, I was actually looking at the Magnaflow and on Amazon so I will remember that. I took it to two different place to see if they could fix it and they both said no.

@wsudu I would go with the magnaflow y-pipe. Don't let some exhaust shop cobble something together for you, you will just pay more in the long run. Also, don't order it off of amazon, the seller there is a ripoff, I know from experience. I would get if from Summit if you go that route.

@wsudu Glad you made it in here. It's a great group to be a part of.

Welcome to the addiction.

Hello everyone. My name is Patrick and I have been lurking since I picked up my triple locked 80 about a month ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom