Tornado Alley Cruisers Introductions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can't remember whether or not I've posted in here, but I'm from the Knob Noster/Warrensburg area about an hour West of KC.

Went to the Kansas Rocks park on the 9th with a few people from the KC Tacos Facebook group and met @Robkc there. He reminded me about this forum and I thought I'd check it out again.

Hope I get to make it to a few events and maybe even a meeting or two as long as I'm on my weekend or able to get some time off.(Work an odd schedule)

Here's the two different ways my rig will look at times if anybody sees me:

DSC_0002 by Brent Prater, on Flickr
DSC_0002 (3) by Brent Prater, on Flickr

Very nice rig! Hope to see you around!

That is a sweet TACO. Hope you can join us again.

Met a cruiserhead today, Jarian, that bought a transmission from me off Ebay. He is building a piggy, frame off. Pictures look pretty awesome. 2UZ in this little piggy though!!!

Gave him information about us, so hopefully he posts up and says hello. 2 young kids, so maybe we can convince him to come to SMORR.

K

Howdy Howdy - I'm Peter Casey
Haven't done a formal introduction yet (I've been on MUD about a month or two). I got the itch about 5 months ago to buy an FJ40. We'll call it a 1/4 life crisis.... I found one I liked out in Wyoming and I had a friend with a cruiser go check it out for me. It all checked out and had an aluminum tub so I pulled the trigger. I flew out the next day with @ChristmasMud and we purchased it and drove it back to KC in roughly 22 hours (longest day of my life). Anyways it wasn't perfect but it was more than a good starting point. I'm in the process of tearing it down to the frame right now. I hope to have it built back up and running by summer time. I can use all the help I can get so if you have any suggestions or wanna get together and talk cruisers I'm all ears.

1976 Fj40 with 350 engine.

Last edited:
Thanks for coming to the clubhouse. I have a feeling out paths will cross soon.

@peterkcc

Howdy Howdy - I'm Peter Casey
Haven't done a formal introduction yet (I've been on MUD about a month or two). I got the itch about 5 months ago to buy an FJ40. We'll call it a 1/4 life crisis.... I found one I liked out in Wyoming and I had a friend with a cruiser go check it out for me. It all checked out and had an aluminum tub so I pulled the trigger. I flew out the next day with @ChristmasMud and we purchased it and drove it back to KC in roughly 22 hours (longest day of my life). Anyways it wasn't perfect but it was more than a good starting point. I'm in the process of tearing it down to the frame right now. I hope to have it built back up and running by summer time. I can use all the help I can get so if you have any suggestions or wanna get together and talk cruisers I'm all ears.

1976 Fj40 with 350 engine.

Welcome! Pics of the aqualu 40 please! That makes 2 now in our group.

Last edited:
When I picked it up in Wyoming and how she sits now.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hello, Robkc posted in TW about this group so I came here to check it out.

I'm Tony, I own a 2010 Tacoma I picked up a month a ago, so far I've added wheels, tires, front shocks, upgraded front brakes, front skid plate and hella supertones. Still waiting for Toyota to perform the recall rear leaf replacement - I was told April (maybe...lol)

As for me I relocated to Kansas from Fullerton, California to open that blue box off 35 and Johnson drive. I'm married to Ash and were expecting our first child in sept. we have 2 rescue fur children; Sprocket the cat and Willow Beagle/Basset mix.
I've had a few Toyota's through the years, '81 Corolla, '73 Corolla, '85 Supra. I also rode a '03 Suzuki GSXR 600 and an '06 Yamaha Anniversary R1 the last few years in in SoCal I set-up local bike nights (where I met my future wife, she still has her CBR 600rr)

We're currently in Lenexa, hopefully we get to meet some of you soon.

Wish I could, I'll be at the JoCo Sheriff's Shoot-out for KC Special Olympics that day.

No worries, I'll honk if I see ya!

IMG_3652.JPG

Me likey.

We have a bunch in the group in Lenexa, centered around 79th and Lackman. However, be careful, as we have the 80 virus. Once you get it, your wallet gets lighter weekly.

@1madmnky - Welcome to the family here. Bummer that you have a conflict on the meeting. I will keep tabs on the postings in TW also and hopefully be able to make one of the informal gatherings of Tacoma's to share my presentation of our big fall event.

I joined a bunch of the KC TW group in Jan at Kansas Rocks and tried to keep the group on appropriate trails but the weather conditions made even the easiest trails a challenge for some in the group. I wound up strapping up to several to assist them up the hills. Nothing extreme enough to require winching them.

I believe the Fall Event we host will provide everyone with appropriate challenges for their rigs and a great atmosphere to share some meals and socialize over a weekend. It is an open event so anyone can attend with no pressure to officially join the TAC/TLCA club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom