Topnault half doors (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dianna

SILVER Star
Threads
I received my Topnault half doors a few days ago and wanted to post up some pic for everyone and also ask for some suggestions. Overall, I am happy with the quality of the doors, they were packed well and arrived undamaged. I will start with some unboxing pics.

IMG_1659.jpeg

IMG_1660.jpeg

IMG_1661.jpeg

IMG_1662.jpeg

IMG_1668.jpeg

I was hoping to spend the day making a video of the door installation after adding the door regulators but they are going to take some thought and more than a day to accomplish that. I thought about just forgoing the inside regulator and just opening from the outside for now, but I still would need to cut some sort of access hole in the door to do that. If I'm cutting holes, I guess I should just install the inside regulator since it should not create that much more work, or maybe it will since the OEM doors have the mount and a channel depressed for the mechanism rods to run to the door regulator... I definitely will need some time to think this over and some advice from the wizards here. I just put one on temporarily to get some pics to post for you all :)

IMG_1689.jpeg

IMG_1690.jpeg

IMG_1691.jpeg

Last edited:
Some posted about a concern of the door not being flat on top but there is plenty of room to rest your arm. I held up my Bestop door for comparison.

IMG_1687.jpeg

IMG_1688.jpeg

IMG_1695.jpeg

IMG_1691.jpeg

IMG_1686.jpeg

I'm not liking how this inside corner looks and would like to use a file to ease the sharp corner a bit, also don't like that you can see all of these tabs. What would be the best way to fill this all in and make this edge smoother? Seam sealer?

IMG_1697.jpeg

Last edited:
Spot welds and top corner need attention.

IMG_1696.jpeg

IMG_1692.jpeg

IMG_1693.jpeg

Last edited:
I also wish there were the metal tabs to install the door limiters.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to cut these doors to install the door regulators? Should the black rectangle allow me to reach everything?

IMG_1662.jpeg

I'm not liking how this inside corner looks and would like to use a file to ease the sharp corner a bit. What would be the best way to fill in this small hole and make this edge smoother? Seam sealer?

View attachment 3443213
Seam sealer is the right idea.

I'm not liking how this inside corner looks and would like to use a file to ease the sharp corner a bit. What would be the best way to fill in this small hole and make this edge smoother? Seam sealer?

View attachment 3443213
That corner stood out to me immediately in your photos. I’d probably cut/file to how I liked it then JB weld and then seam seal.

The OE doors don’t have much for access so your black rectangle would probably be fine, but I’m not exactly clear what you need to do.

RevISK, I need to install all of the hardware to open and latch the door closed. Great video on the 40 channel, I borrowed a screen shot.​

Screenshot 2023-09-30 at 11.25.31 AM.png

Anyone have any suggestions on where to cut these doors to install the door regulators? Should the black rectangle allow me to reach everything?

View attachment 3443231

I remember asking this question in another thread. Because the door is cut down to match the back the handle for the latch is lower which would think it requires bending the rod or rods if hooking up the lock too. That still leaves getting the latch mechanism installed and hooked up. While it would be nice with just metal on the inside running without a top a interior panel similar to the 1/75 hard doors would allow a decent excess opening would make installing the latch mechanism a lot easier. Not dealing with an exterior lock but just the latch mechanism is going to be hard enough with just the hole at the handle.

Those look good. One thing that could be better, if the tops of the doors were even with the tub. Not a smooth transition the way they stairstep.

Thanks for posting. I think my doors show up today or early next week, and I'll be doing the same. Bummer on the door limiters, agreed that there is some fab work there. And I'm curious about how you proceed with the inner door latch too, since I was thinking the same thing.

I was thinking of these to replace same vinyl doors and provide some misc. storage cavities.
?, if you sit in it with new door how does the flat where arm would rest compare to the top edge of vinyl door ? It looks like it is a tad too high for comfort ?
The top edge of vinyl door is perfect and I was looking at building and arm rest to insert into the top half holders for the vinyl. Would go with these new metal half doors but that arm rest position is critical IMO.

Those look good. One thing that could be better, if the tops of the doors were even with the tub. Not a smooth transition the way they stairstep.
I thought that for a second, but my Bestop doors are also higher and never bothered me.

Thanks for posting. I think my doors show up today or early next week, and I'll be doing the same. Bummer on the door limiters, agreed that there is some fab work there. And I'm curious about how you proceed with the inner door latch too, since I was thinking the same thing.
I'm going to let OPMACHINE figure that out, hahaha! I have seen his bumpers and I'm sure he will get the doors set up perfectly. I will follow his lead (no pressure @OPMACHINE :) )

I was thinking of these to replace same vinyl doors and provide some misc. storage cavities.
?, if you sit in it with new door how does the flat where arm would rest compare to the top edge of vinyl door ? It looks like it is a tad too high for comfort ?
The top edge of vinyl door is perfect and I was looking at building and arm rest to insert into the top half holders for the vinyl. Would go with these new metal half doors but that arm rest position is critical IMO.
Check out the pic where I am holding my Bestop door in front of the half door. The flat spot inside is at the same height :)

I just ordered a set of these half doors. Thank you for all the pictures, it looks like we need to fab some door limiters and a cover plate for the access hole.
I would be interested in purchasing said cover plate and door limiters if you fab some up! My 40 has been put away for the winter :( so I'm in no rush to get them set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom