Tire Pressure recommendation (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great thread!

@gaijin

What about the Michelin Defender LTX in 285/60/18 . When we got them mounted a few weeks ago, the tire shop (discount tire) set the pressures at 34 psi. It seems to have a bit of a bulge, but the truck rides fine. Just want to make sure the pressure is right.

thanks!
Yeah sorry, it’s for my 2016 200 series. It’s not in my signature since I have too many characters listed, lol

It is the LTX m/s

The RCTIP for the 285/60R18/XL 120H ISO-Metric Defender LTX M/S tires on your LC200 is 33psi F/R.

HTH

NOTICE FOR ALL WHO COME BEFORE THE GREAT @gaijin AND SEEK HIS COUNSEL ON TIRE PRESSURES:

No offering is required to appease His Majesty, but.... you must submit the following information
  1. Your specific model (e.g. Toyota, Lexus [they're different and it matters])
  2. Your specific tire model (the dimensions (e.g. 285/65R18) are NOT enough. Is it P or LT metric, C, D, or E rated etc)
If you can follow these very simple rules, he may chose to bless you with his unlimited knowledge of your RCTIP.

That is all.

Just do a chalk test and find the right pressure for you.

Start at 40 psi cold and start on some black asphalt and take a piece of chalk (kids sidewalk chalk works great) and color a line across the tire. Get in the car and drive a couple car lengths, just enough to get the tire to do a full rotation or two. Look at the impression the chalk left on the asphalt. If you see a solid straight line, your pressure is ideal. If only the outside edges of the tire left a chalk impression your tire pressure is too low. If only the mide of the tire left an impression, your pressure is too high. Play around with this and see what works. est for you. I am running 33's on 17in wheels and find 40psi cold works well for me.

1. 2016 LX 570
2. LT275/60/R20 BF Goodrich K02 E Rated

Please and thanks!

Gladly and you're welcome.

Thanks for providing all the necessary info!

The RCTIP for the LT275/60R20 KO2's on your 2016 LX570 is 40psi F/R.

HTH

1. 2008 LX570 - all stock
2. BFG KO2s LT 285/55R20 117/114T Load Range D

Please.

Excellent question, thanks!

The RCTIP for the LT285/55R20D 117/114T BFG KO2 tires on your 2008 LX570 is 43psi F/R.

HTH

My dog has been spending a lot of time in here I see!

5BBDF8AD-1B9F-4A29-83BB-BFA890703BBD.jpeg

1. 2018 Land Cruiser stock
2. General Grabber APT 275/70r18. 116S. Load range SL.
Thanks!

1. 2018 Land Cruiser stock
2. General Grabber APT 275/70r18. 116S. Load range SL.
Thanks!
Good question - thanks!

The RCTIP for the P275/70R18 tires on your LC200 is 32psi F/R.

HTH

I don't see this size anywhere in the thread (for the LX...)

Recommended pressures for a LT285/60R18 AT T/A KO 2 on a 2015 LX570?

Thanks in advance!

I don't see this size anywhere in the thread (for the LX...)

Recommended pressures for a LT285/60R18 AT T/A KO 2 on a 2015 LX570?

Thanks in advance!

The RCTIP for LT285/60R18 tires on your LX570 is 41psi F/R.

HTH

Would you kindly advise on -

2015 LX, Stock
275/60/r20 Falken Wildpeak in P/SL load rating

Thanks!!

Sure, but you asked the wrong question.

The Falken Wildpeak A/T3W tire does not come in any 20" P-Metric sizes. Period. So the answer to your question as asked is, no such tire.

But apparently no amount of coaxing on my part will get some folks to even find out what tires they have, I'll give you my best guess and you can either use it, or ask again with the correct tire info.

My best guess is that you have the ISO-Metric 275/60R20 SL 115T tire. The RCTIP for that tire on your LX is 30psi F/R.

You're welcome.

BTW, you might want to check out Falken's web page with specs for their tires - after all, I had to... Falken Wildpeak A/T3W Tire Specs, or you could just look at your tire...

Last edited:
Sure, but you asked the wrong question.

The Falken Wildpeak A/T3W tire does not come in any 20" P-Metric sizes. Period. So the answer to your question as asked is, no such tire.

But apparently no amount of coaxing on my part will get some folks to even find out what tires they have, I'll give you my best guess and you can either use it, or ask again with the correct tire info.

My best guess is that you have the ISO-Metric 275/60R20 SL 115T tire. The RCTIP for that tire on your LX is 30psi F/R.

You're welcome.

BTW, you might want to check out Falken's web page with specs for their tires - after all, I had to... Falken Wildpeak A/T3W Tire Specs, or you could just look at your tire...

Thanks for the insight, as always. I'm a newbie/dummy and confused SL with P, which is why incorrectly said P/SL :) . Your best guess is the exact tire that I have. They're running at 34PSI right now.

I've got some more studying to do, starting with the beginning of this thread...

Why is the OE load rating less in an LX compared to an LC if the LX is heavier than the LC? The OE load rating for the LC is 2512 and the OE load rating for the LX is just 2315. If I replace OE LX 285/50/20 with 285/70/17 P metric tires, the tires would only have to be inflated to 26psi to meet and exceed the OE load rating which seems unusually low.

Last edited:
Why is the OE load rating less in an LX compared to an LC if the LX is heavier than the LC? The OE load rating for the LC is 2512 and the OE load rating for the LX is just 2315. If I replace OE LX 285/50/20 with 285/70/17 P metric tires, the tires would only have to be inflated to 26psi to meet and exceed the OE load rating which seems unusually low.

The simple answer is because the LX570 has a different suspension system than the LC200. Tires play an important role in the operation of the suspension system. Toyota engineers have chosen different tire Load Limit requirements not only to adequately handle the load, but also to provide the desired tire spring rate to optimize performance of the entire system.

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom