Thoughts on quote for rust removal and new paint? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi guys,
I am very fortunate to have found this guy. You can't google him and he doesn't advertise. I drove by his shop on my way to one of my kids soccer games!
Chicago salt ate up everything that was replaced. I wish I would have taken pictuers before. Here are more pics from mid getting fixed:

IMG_0865.jpeg

IMG_0864.jpeg

IMG_0863.jpeg

IMG_0862.jpeg

IMG_0861.jpeg

If that quote was for all the rust repairs and a whole repaint, down to the bare metal
I would pull the trigger on that, providing it is all addressed and not bandaid-ed

Theres a lot more rust there that you cant see... always
this 1000000% I thought my rig had "minimal rust" and wow i was wayyyyyyyyyyyy off. I dropped aprox 20k just for body + paint and i dnt think i over paid a cent...I have 100% faith that @kelly saad has done incredible work and has completely rid my vehicle of ANY rust....ck out my thread for all the areas i had no idea were infected. just my opinion...but 15k might just be a band aid...better trust these guys to do the job completely or youre jus gnna have issues again... im def no expert tho

Yes, rolled steel. He tried to buy parts, got frustrated and then just started fabricating with what he had in his shop.
It's pretty damn thick, atleast 16.

I got pretty lucky.
Now to figure out Paint.

Any recs close to Morgantown, WV would be appreciated.

So I talked to the shop owner. He is going to cut out rust and weld in new steel where needed, sand and paint.

I think I could at least repair the rust but would still need the paint job, and I don’t really have the time (I’m sure most can relate). I’m going to pull the trigger and hope for the best. I’ll post some updated photos when it’s done.

Thanks for the sage wisdom and input from those who contributed.

Rust is like cancer.

There's no repairing it....it must be ground away or cut out and replaced with good metal.

I would have proffitts or Kelly Saad fix it. You'll know whatever you shell out is well spent. Don't be afraid to travel a few states for the repairs. You want quality and thoroughness. Ultimately the body may need to be removed to do it right.

Not sure I would call Western Colorado or Northern Arizona a few states away from West Virginia. Add the cost of shipping a vehicle two ways that far will add up quickly. Both shops are known for quality work on Land Cruisers. That doesn't mean a shop that doesn't specialize in Land Cruisers can't do quality rust repair and paint. I'm lucky one of the two above mentioned shop is about an hour drive away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom