Builds The Texas Land Crusher Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Starting a build thread for my 1999 Landcruiser. I bought it bone stock from the original owner in Houston with 205k miles in 2017. Had factory rear locker and rear air. Accident free, rust free, and serviced every 5k at Toyota dealer. I got all documented service records for life of vehicle.

-Oil change every 5k at Toyota
-Diff's/T-Case/Trans/Coolant/PS Fluids/Brake Fluid changed at Toyota
-All recommend service intervals performed at Toyota dealer (5k, 10k, 15k, 30k, 60k, 90k, 120k, 150k, 180k)

Recent and Notable Service Completed at Toyota:
-New OEM Timing Belt/Water Pump @90k
-New OEM O2 Sensor @96k
-New OEM Front Driveshaft @96k
-New OEM Steering Rack @106k
-New OEM Valve Cover Gaskets @107k
-New OEM Power Steering Pump @120k
-New Right OEM Front CV Axle @133K
-New OEM Fan Clutch @155k
-New OEM Front Brake Pads @155k
-New OEM Starter @172k
-New OEM Lock Cylinder Replaced @ 175k
-New OEM Timing Belt Done @180k
-New OEM Belt Tensioner @193k
-New OEM Drive Belt @193k
-New OEM Radiator @193k
-Throttle Body cleaned @96k, 136k, and 200k
-New OEM Platinum Plugs @190k
-New OEM Rear Brake Pads @190k
-Both OEM CV Boots Replaced @200k
-Front Bearings Repacked @ 100k and 200k

Only issue known when i bought it was sunroof was frozen and code was being thrown from the ABS Actuator Module on the braking system.

Here is the first picture I have after a few slight mods (snorkel, 285 KO’s).

9994779C-6235-4AE3-B1FD-7EDE994CD683.jpeg

Last edited:
Went to see Duc Nguyen at Duggy’s Garage in Houston for lift, front bumper, and winch.

Went with an OME 2.5” lift kit, SPC UCA's, ARB Bumper, Slee Bumper Insert for mounting 2 new Rigid Fog Lights and LED Turn Signal Lights, Depo 1 piece headlights, 2006 OEM Front Grill, and Smittybuilt 12k X2O winch.

-Original Heater Tee's were swapped out for New Brass Heater Tee's

-New OEM PCV Valve
-New OEM New Fuel Filter

Decided to overhaul the brake system due to ABS Actuator Module throwing a code
-Installed a new OEM Master Cylinder with ABS Actuator Module
-Decided to go ahead and install a brand new OEM Brake Booster with Accumulator
-2 new OEM rear rotors
-Replaced all 4 original brake calipers
-Upgraded to Slee Stainless Brake Lines
-Fresh brake bleed

53DAB257-0434-4E83-9CFD-0566D2293349.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks great!

Got stock rims powdercoated with 60% gloss black paint. Added Rigid D2 Fog lights to ARB bumper using Slee kit, updated front grill to 2006 OME grill, and one piece Depo headlights. Front end really looks updated.

Got it home from Duggy's and baselined the fluids:
Mobil 1 75-90 in the Rear/Front Diff and T-Case
Mobil 1 ATF
Mobil 1 5W-30 and Toyota OEM Oil Filter

Fresh grease (Valvoline Synthetic Moly) in all the zerks underneath

Brand new Toyota True Start Battery in December 2017

New K&N Air Filter

Ordered some Mobil DTE Light to swap out for the PS Fluid. Going to get to this when it warms up.

My radiator was replaced by Toyota in the last 20k miles, but dealer did not swap out any hoses. Going to flush coolant when it warms up and replace upper/lower/by-pass/heater hoses at that time as well.

0C696E1C-31ED-4E96-A835-D5B2BB1B55BA.jpeg

Last edited:
Back to Duggy’s for Front Runner Roof Rack install, Spidertrax 1.25” Spacers, and Dusier 1” Body Lift. Preparing to go up to 315/75/16 KO2’s very soon.

9528F81D-657B-4E3A-8074-FE9AF275B905.jpeg

Last edited:
The truck looks good. I see it is missing the front skid plate. Without it, the bottom of the radiator is exposed to the road and a crack in the bottom tank can destroy the engine.

Are the headlights OEM and form 02+ model?

The truck looks good. I see it is missing the front skid plate. Without it, the bottom of the radiator is exposed to the road and a crack in the bottom tank can destroy the engine.

Are the headlights OEM and form 02+ model?
Thanks Nissanh-I have the Front OEM skid and need to get it put back on this week. The lights are Depo one piece aftermarket.

Last edited:
Great looking truck. You implemented few things I’ve been looking at.

By the way, you mentioned you might get 315’s. If so are those 285/75/16s by any chance you have now? I might be interested in grabbing those from.

Great looking truck. You implemented few things I’ve been looking at.

By the way, you mentioned you might get 315’s. If so are those 285/75/16s by any chance you have now? I might be interested in grabbing those from.
Yes, these are 285 75 16’s KO’s. I plan to sell them. They were bought at Discount Tire with certificates.

Upgraded to the new Factor 55 Splicer. Really liking this new upgrade for the winch.

1FA60E22-6D0E-4608-B5EA-C4DC82932096.jpeg

Got new shoes on the cruiser today. Stepped up to 315/75/16 KO2’s.

View attachment 1722095
Yes sir. That's what I'm talking bout.

Beef. It's what's for dinner.

I feel bad for whatever poor soul had to hoist a 315 on the top of a lifted cruiser.

How has the ride changed? (Besides the fact you can't stop smiling) Details please.

Yes sir. That's what I'm talking bout.

Beef. It's what's for dinner.

I feel bad for whatever poor soul had to hoist a 315 on the top of a lifted cruiser.

How has the ride changed? (Besides the fact you can't stop smiling) Details please.

Thanks Bozncsurf! Couldn’t be happier with the KO2’s in 315/75/16. I upgraded from 285/75/16’s. These new KO2’s are surprisingly quiet on the highway and the ride is great. As for the gas mileage, I expect to loose a few MPG’s, but I really don’t care because 35’s are just freaking awesome!

I’m the one that put that spare up on the top rack. It was super heavy and can’t wait to get a rear bumper with tire carrier. That is the next purchase for my LC.

Sweet looking rig! Do you have a link where you purchased those headlights? Thanks

Sweet looking rig! Do you have a link where you purchased those headlights? Thanks
Don't have a link for the headlights, but they are the 1 Piece Depo Headlights. You can get them on EBay.

Sunroof was frozen, so I bought a used sunroof assembly off a parted out 98 cruiser. Had the headliner dropped to swap the sunroof, however the used sunroof I bought was frozen. Ugh!!!

Decided to do some research in the Houston area that rebuilt sunroofs. Found a reputable shop that would rebuild my sunroof with All Toyota OEM Parts (new guide cables, new guide tubes, etc.). They would also clean entire assembly, lube, check seals, calibrate, water test, and reinstall the headliner. It was not cheap ($1200), but my sunroof is as good as new and will last another 20 years! Very happy with the result.

omgah. black looks so sexy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom